Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello!

I am a complete beginner, been to DLP once on a school trip when I was 15. During a visit to LA we visited Disney in Anaheim but it was only for 1 day.

we are DYING to go to Orlando for 2 weeks and do all the Disney, Epcot, etc etc but reading this makes me think I need to do a lot more research😬 half of what everyone is talking about is like a foreign language to me...

can anyone help an absolute beginner? Best time of year to go? Where to stay? We are married, no kids, 25 & 26 years old. Both like Disney but not obsessed ☺ Thank you X
Are you going to hire a car?

If so, maybe consider staying off site depending on your budget this is a good cheaper option all around as your accommodation will be cheaper and it’s much cheaper to eat off site than it is in the parks.

Having said that, if you aren’t hiring a car staying on site at Disney is a good option. You can use the magical express to get from Orlando airport, and use the buses from your resort to the parks (and boats/skyliner depending on which resort you stay in).

I’d perhaps wait to see if they offer free dining if you are going to stay on site... we have been with and without Disney dining (just quick service) - Last year we loved the plan, it meant we knew most of our food was covered and we probably decided to try more snacks etc than if we didn’t have the plan.

As a first timer you are never going to see and do everything in a two week trip, so don’t try to - you will be worn out!

You will be up early the first few days from jet lag so plan your days on that basis.

I find The Dibb really useful - maybe start by reading some trip reports to see what kind of trip you want and start planning from there. If you have any other questions -just ask.

Hope that’s useful!

Disney are apparently making an announcement for UK guests today. It probably only pertains to those who have holidays booked at the moment and were meant to be going soon.

Just had an email from Virgin Atlantic, they're resuming flights to Orlando (and other places) on 20th July. Obviously depends on when travel restrictions to the USA are lifted, but hopefully some reassurance for those who have trips planned this summer!

Reactions: 1
When do dining plans come out and when are they valid for?
They are all cancelled right now for existing bookings and you can no longer purchase it for any new bookings.

They added a new level of dining plan this year which looked brilliant. They are valid until midnight on the night you check out .

When you say when do they come out ? Are you meaning the free dining offer?

Me and my partner had planned our very first Florida trip together for February 2021. We've not booked anything yet, but I just wanted you guys' opinions on whether or not we should still go, or just postpone for 2022.

We're just worried that it won't be the full experience!

It depends what you are going for there is a load of construction work underway that was supposed to be completed ready for the 50th anniversary events.

It would be worth looking at all the closures and projects that will be underway during this time and see if you would prefer to wait and visit once it is all completed. On the other hand lots of the big fans will be waiting for anniversary celebration events to start so you may drop on quieter months

I have no idea what the covid situation will be or how any of the planned stuff will be impacted 😬

Last edited:
guests are being asked not to scream or shout on rides in Tokyo Disney. Wow. 😂
That is just ridiculous, I’m all for taking precaution but this is just fun police behaviour😂

I got us hoodies printed with our names and the ‘Paris 2020’ on the front. That’s how excited I was about our trip in March. No idea what to do with them now, the kids ones will get too small for next year. Unless we can get there for Christmas which I doubt we will. They were meant to be a nice memento of their first disney trip and a way of revealing it to them. They’ve been sat in a bag for months now, £70 literally thrown away😭

• Sad
Yes please!! Me and my best friend are planning on going in 2022- ages I know but we’ve never been and obviously need to save! Any tips, recommendations, dos and Dont’s would be very much appreciated!

thank you!!
if it’s you and a friend and no kids, I’d skip Florida and visit the park in LA, then combine it with Hollywood !

That's wild. She really needs to get out of her bleeping bubble and live in the real world. Fucks sake. Some of the tit she posts on socials just goes to show how privileged she is.
to be fair, Disney won’t move dining to 2021 for free because that offer doesn’t exist. Anyone with existing “free dining” for 2020 has had their offer cancelled as there are no dining plans for 2020 at all. If you want to include dining in your package for 2021 you have to pay for it. There is apparently a deal coming any moment but I’m doubtful it will be free dining. I’m in this position atm. I first contacted Disney to move my September trip in March but have ended up just cancelling and I’ll wait to see what happens. Brogan just needs to realise Disney will still be there next year or the year after. It’s an expensive trip to take and not get the full experience plus it’s a health risk.

Reactions: 4
to be fair, Disney won’t move dining to 2021 for free because that offer doesn’t exist. Anyone with existing “free dining” for 2020 has had their offer cancelled as there are no dining plans for 2020 at all. If you want to include dining in your package for 2021 you have to pay for it. There is apparently a deal coming any moment but I’m doubtful it will be free dining. I’m in this position atm. I first contacted Disney to move my September trip in March but have ended up just cancelling and I’ll wait to see what happens. Brogan just needs to realise Disney will still be there next year or the year after. It’s an expensive trip to take and not get the full experience plus it’s a health risk.
The free dining is currently being added to systems for 2021 bookings. that's why you can't currently pay for it on tui/virgin. It'll be out within the next month. Benefits to have a friend be the Disney rep for travel companies 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The free dining is currently being added to systems for 2021 bookings. that's why you can't currently pay for it on tui/virgin. It'll be out within the next month. Benefits to have a friend be the Disney rep for travel companies 😁
Is this true!? I have just booked for disney next year and added dining onto it myself so was just going to pay for it so will that become free now?

Is this true!? I have just booked for disney next year and added dining onto it myself so was just going to pay for it so will that become free now?
This is so off topic but I've never been to Disney- what is this "free dining" and also what's that thing Brogan is always on about that she can only book 60 days before going or something?!

I always wonder 😂

This is so off topic but I've never been to Disney- what is this "free dining" and also what's that thing Brogan is always on about that she can only book 60 days before going or something?!

I always wonder 😂
Disney give an offer to those coming from the UK every year where depending on what tier of hotel you stay in you get Some of their dining packages for free

For those regulars to WDW (and who have been waiting for free dining to be released), @Tea-anon has posted this over on the Brogan Tate forum:

“The free dining is currently being added to systems for 2021 bookings. that's why you can't currently pay for it on tui/virgin. It'll be out within the next month. Benefits to have a friend be the Disney rep for travel companies 😁

Not certain on their source as there is always much speculation surrounding free dining: the fact that you can’t add on dining packages may simply be due to Disney cancelling them for the foreseeable? 🤷🏻‍♀️
However I’d be so happy for this to be true as I really feel we need some light at the end of this awful 2020 tunnel now...

For those regulars to WDW (and who have been waiting for free dining to be released), @Tea-anon has posted this over on the Brogan Tate forum:

“The free dining is currently being added to systems for 2021 bookings. that's why you can't currently pay for it on tui/virgin. It'll be out within the next month. Benefits to have a friend be the Disney rep for travel companies 😁

Not certain on their source as there is always much speculation surrounding free dining: the fact that you can’t add on dining packages may simply be due to Disney cancelling them for the foreseeable? 🤷🏻‍♀️
However I’d be so happy for this to be true as I really feel we need some light at the end of this awful 2020 tunnel now...
it will for sure be back in 2021, I think they’re trying to get people to cancel their bookings by removing it from 2020’s offers. Saves them having to cancel anyone’s holiday if the customer does it first.

has anyone been keeping up with what’s happening at universal? It didn’t seem to run as smoothly as they hoped.

it will for sure be back in 2021, I think they’re trying to get people to cancel their bookings by removing it from 2020’s offers. Saves them having to cancel anyone’s holiday if the customer does it first.

has anyone been keeping up with what’s happening at universal? It didn’t seem to run as smoothly as they hoped.
To be honest, we are going to Florida in Sept 2021 regardless of free dining! If no free dining then probs won’t stay on Disney that’s all!

I thought universal seemed ok from what I saw on various Twitters, Instas etc.... 🤷🏻‍♀️

I always wonder 😂
The 60 days thing means if you stay on Disney property you can book FastPasses for rides 60 days in advance whereas everyone else can only do it at 30 days.

They probably won't allow it but I'd look at taking the hit and then re booking

Is this true?!?! Been patiently waiting to book 2021 and with the tit show that is been 2020 so far this would mean light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Any idea of dates which are to be included?!
There is a Disney planning thread somewhere on here (EDIT - found the thread and linked below!), perhaps post on there? Mind you Bogie hasn’t been active for us to chat about of late, we need something to chat about in her absence!

Don’t believe anything until it’s announced directly from Disney. There have been rumors like “it’s coming next week/next month/1st June/in July” for months now.

you can currently pay for it with TUI and direct with Disney for 2021. Seems wrong that they are allowing people to move their trips and add it as a paid option if free dining is on the way. Obviously I really hope this is the offer they are going to provide but who knows! Social distancing could still be in place into next year so restaurants could have limited capacity so Disney will be wary.

Virgin seemed to have removed it but that is down to them. I’m in several Disney groups and specifically UK ones where no one else in those groups are aware of any free dining for 2021 yet and haven’t been offered it - even TAs so either the friend is very in the know or is mistaken.

I’d recommend joining some of the Facebook groups if you’re not already, they are really helpful.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.