All That’s Pretty #6 Thanks a Mill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it more strenuous because it’s the reformer Pilates? And have any of you tried them and if so thoughts please 💭

I did Pilates many many years ago, and then again back care Pilates with work about 15 years ago 😂

Really want to get back into it again
I did a few one to one sessions to help with a knee injury and it was absolutely brilliant! Would highly recommend giving it a go.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Is it more strenuous because it’s the reformer Pilates? And have any of you tried them and if so thoughts please 💭

I did Pilates many many years ago, and then again back care Pilates with work about 15 years ago 😂

Really want to get back into it again
I have a colleague who does reformer and they think it's easier than mat pilates cause you have the assistance of the machines (I'm not sure they are correct 🤣).

I haven't done reformer although I'd like to try I'm sure the machines must add some form of resistance but LA is as usual dramatic I would imagine.

I'm so much stronger since I started pilates, my core is steel now and my back much less weak. My balance has also improved hugely.

• Heart
My way of thinking of reformer Pilates is that the apparatus makes up for any flexibility you lack so that you get the benefit of the movement even if you can't extend/bend as far as the ideal movement would have you do. The machine is also adjustable so you can change your resistance as well to be YOUR maximum/right fit instead of failing at the exercise because you aren't as strong, etc. I think though that Pilates has been colonized like so many things by "gym culture" where people get "certified" during a weekend hotel conference meeting and put people through incredible exertion so they feel like they got a workout. I've done both, and the gym Pilates had 12 reformers, very little personal adjustment, jumping (horizontally pushing out from the bar), lots of repetition to muscle failure, etc. The Pilates-accredited teachers I've had would NEVER have students do that and teach classes of 4 or 5 students, they're constantly adjusting you and telling you to stop if your form is potentially harmful. Last week, our teacher taught my husband and another student one exercise and me another a couple of times, because of our individual needs. I suppose LA goes to a gym-style Pilates like Josie does because they're always bragging about how hard it was. To me, that's not Pilates; that's using Pilates equipment to do Cross Fit, but that's just my opinion (I'm a certified yoga teacher).

Reactions: 4
My way of thinking of reformer Pilates is that the apparatus makes up for any flexibility you lack so that you get the benefit of the movement even if you can't extend/bend as far as the ideal movement would have you do. The machine is also adjustable so you can change your resistance as well to be YOUR maximum/right fit instead of failing at the exercise because you aren't as strong, etc. I think though that Pilates has been colonized like so many things by "gym culture" where people get "certified" during a weekend hotel conference meeting and put people through incredible exertion so they feel like they got a workout. I've done both, and the gym Pilates had 12 reformers, very little personal adjustment, jumping (horizontally pushing out from the bar), lots of repetition to muscle failure, etc. The Pilates-accredited teachers I've had would NEVER have students do that and teach classes of 4 or 5 students, they're constantly adjusting you and telling you to stop if your form is potentially harmful. Last week, our teacher taught my husband and another student one exercise and me another a couple of times, because of our individual needs. I suppose LA goes to a gym-style Pilates like Josie does because they're always bragging about how hard it was. To me, that's not Pilates; that's using Pilates equipment to do Cross Fit, but that's just my opinion (I'm a certified yoga teacher).

That’s for all that … going to have a look at some classes in my local area and see if I can get one that works for me
---
I did a few one to one sessions to help with a knee injury and it was absolutely brilliant! Would highly recommend giving it a go.
Sounds like it would really benefit my underlying Heath condition too

• Heart
You can still DM her from her page, or stick it in a comment on one of her posts… I suspect she’ll ignore/delete if the pigs are no more though!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have a colleague who does reformer and they think it's easier than mat pilates cause you have the assistance of the machines (I'm not sure they are correct 🤣).

I haven't done reformer although I'd like to try I'm sure the machines must add some form of resistance but LA is as usual dramatic I would imagine.

I'm so much stronger since I started pilates, my core is steel now and my back much less weak. My balance has also improved hugely.
I like the mild resistance opportunities reformers might give as have been neglecting exercise for too long

• Heart
Reactions: 1
A question spree today - asking for (aff obviously) links to her tshirt, deodorant and hello fresh. None of them saying "thanks a mill" tonight. And none called Sarah. She's diversifying... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A question spree today - asking for (aff obviously) links to her tshirt, deodorant and hello fresh. None of them saying "thanks a mill" tonight. And none called Sarah. She's diversifying... 🤣
Take note the first story DM’s show half a profile pic. The deo one? Conveniently cropped to show the message only. We know you sent it to yourself LA when you always end the message Xx 😂

Diversifying or reading the thread 👋🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Take note the first story DM’s show half a profile pic. The deo one? Conveniently cropped to show the message only. We know you sent it to yourself LA when you always end the message Xx 😂

Diversifying or reading the thread 👋🏻
Yes I noticed the "accidental" crop that left part of the profile picture so we'd know it was a legit request! I'm also happy to accept she does get questions at times. But never about her deodorant...!

• Haha
She could very easily make a fake profile to send questions to herself…all she has to do is take a pic of someone else off the internet, so her posting a half profile pic on her stories proves nothin lol

She is sooooo predictable. Of course someone from England (despite her masses of followers in NI) won the competition so they didn’t have to fork out for flights over.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.