Alison Hammond

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we stop calling out 'ticking boxes' when talking about Alison Hammond? There is nothing wrong with making minorities more visible on public service television and to criticise that gives me the ick.

What should be called out instead is ITV's laziness when it comes to give Alison jobs, because I'm sure there are far more talented black people who are more capable of presenting and in this case who actually like dogs.
Not even been mentioned her colour😳I couldn’t give a damn she isn’t sincere whatsoever,I just see her as a false person..Yes lots of people would be far better.She doesn’t like dogs that is obvious to anybody,yes,it’s her Tv contract with ITV.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Not even been mentioned her colour😳I couldn’t give a damn she isn’t sincere whatsoever,I just see her as a false person..Yes lots of people would be far better.She doesn’t like dogs that is obvious to anybody,yes,it’s her Tv contract with ITV.
Her hiring was referred to as 'box ticking' to fit 'an agenda', which can only be a reference to skin colour but happy to hear an alternative explanation.

My point is, that sort of criticism is mis-placed when it would be better aimed at ITV for lazily shoe horning Alison into a show which clearly doesn't suit her.

Reactions: 14
Her hiring was referred to as 'box ticking' to fit 'an agenda', which can only be a reference to skin colour but happy to hear an alternative explanation.

My point is, that sort of criticism is mis-placed when it would be better aimed at ITV for lazily shoe horning Alison into a show which clearly doesn't suit her.
I’d feel the same if Holly wallaby was chosen as well,there was no selection of a real doggie lover,just folks that are on contract.Which pisses me off big time.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
OK then, I will clarify "ticking the boxes" because actually it's nothing to do with skin colour. I couldn't give a stuff if she was green with pink polka dots
Its the "We have her contract so we'd best shoe horn her into everything regardless of whether she's any good or completely miscast for the role, just make sure we get our money's worth out of her."

That's what is wrong here. It makes me wonder WHY the idiots even thought putting a non dog lover on the show was a good idea regardless of how much of a Darling she is to them .
Surely the BIG CLUE was the programme title, For the Love of Dogs? Anybody can see she has No Love for Dogs whatsoever and it's not doing her any favours taking the job when it's perfectly apparent she's less than happy to be doing it. :mad:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
OK then, I will clarify "ticking the boxes" because actually it's nothing to do with skin colour. I couldn't give a stuff if she was green with pink polka dots
Its the "We have her contract so we'd best shoe horn her into everything regardless of whether she's any good or completely miscast for the role, just make sure we get our money's worth out of her."

That's what is wrong here. It makes me wonder WHY the idiots even thought putting a non dog lover on the show was a good idea regardless of how much of a Darling she is to them .
Surely the BIG CLUE was the programme title, For the Love of Dogs? Anybody can see she has No Love for Dogs whatsoever and it's not doing her any favours taking the job when it's perfectly apparent she's less than happy to be doing it. :mad:
That's literally not what box ticking refers to though.
And, she'll be paid per show, not by ITV. So they're not "getting their moneys worth out of her". They'll have paid her additionally to do it.

So you're wrong on both there.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Really don’t understand how this women keeps getting so many presenting jobs? Seems like everyday there’s a new article telling me ‘Alison Hammond is presenting so and so’
Find her really false 😬

Reactions: 15
I was watching an episode of Rob Beckett’s new TV quiz that Alison is a team captain on. Carl Fox was a guest and Rob asked him how each of the panel would fare in the SAS. The first guy he said physically fit enough, next was Alison and he said “You’re there psychologically” awkward!

• Haha
That's literally not what box ticking refers to though.
And, she'll be paid per show, not by ITV. So they're not "getting their moneys worth out of her". They'll have paid her additionally to do it.

So you're wrong on both there.
So sorry if I used the wrong term there - I apologise deeply! :eek: WHATEVER!!!

* She is wrong for that programme in every single way - why the hell put a non-dog lover (or even a non-dog-liker) on a show called "For the Love of Dogs" anyway?
* Whatever possessed them apart from the idea that "We love her so everybody else must do too so lets crowbar her into every single programme available, even if she is completely out of her depth and unhappy about it" ?

This farce has done Hammond no favours and certainly ruined the show too.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree whole heartedly with the previous two posters.
This isn't about colour of skin! I'm pleased Alison is doing well- she's got many great qualities and she's well suited to a lot of things. However, she's not suited for this particular programme! I have no idea what they were thinking allowing her on such a beloved and emotional program. Paul O grady left massive shoes to fill purely because his natural warmth, empathy and patience with the dogs came across on camera. He got down amongst them and would have slept there all night with them if he could and you cant fake that! He was a dog lover through and through and you could see that, and I honestly feel its an insult to not allow it to carry on with someone else who has a natural affinity with dogs.
As Alison has said herself she's got a mortgage to pay and I get that, but also, some of those dogs have been through hell and back, and the program is loved by so many. I just feel like it's a shame as the heart of the program has gone out of it now...it seems false somehow.
I think Alison could do so well at many things, there's talk of Blind date coming back and I could actually see her breathing life into that...but I'm sorry, she's not a good fit for this show.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Thing is she is over exposed. Other thing is there are daytime presenters - which she has fallen into big time after the reshuffle of Ruth and eamoln and then the change with P amd H- and primetime presenters. Even if she is any good on these shoes- the public will get fed up with her. Same with anyone who is on TV all the time. ItV are the worst for this and use their stable of presenters on everything. I personally don't think she is prime time. I also thought the same when fern Britton presented soap star superstar- it just didn't work for me. Sometimes the presenter doesn't fit the show.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree whole heartedly with the previous two posters.
This isn't about colour of skin! I'm pleased Alison is doing well- she's got many great qualities and she's well suited to a lot of things. However, she's not suited for this particular programme! I have no idea what they were thinking allowing her on such a beloved and emotional program. Paul O grady left massive shoes to fill purely because his natural warmth, empathy and patience with the dogs came across on camera. He got down amongst them and would have slept there all night with them if he could and you cant fake that! He was a dog lover through and through and you could see that, and I honestly feel its an insult to not allow it to carry on with someone else who has a natural affinity with dogs.
As Alison has said herself she's got a mortgage to pay and I get that, but also, some of those dogs have been through hell and back, and the program is loved by so many. I just feel like it's a shame as the heart of the program has gone out of it now...it seems false somehow.
I think Alison could do so well at many things, there's talk of Blind date coming back and I could actually see her breathing life into that...but I'm sorry, she's not a good fit for this show.
You know despite all the implications being thrust at me to the contrary, when I see her doing some show or other I'm actually rather pleased for her, that in fact she has achieved such a lot considering she has no immense talent for anything in particular (like most "presenters) - and yet there she is! She is proof indeed that ordinary folks CAN achieve the highest of highs regardless of nepotism, connections or anything else given the opportunities that came her way

Absolutely SPOT-ON Pinko - AH is not right for this particular show at all; Maybe she'd excell at Blind Date, but this one? NO way!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I actually agree she isn't right for the show, I just think it's important to be accurate in our criticism.

Reactions: 11
You sure about that?

Because she ticked the racial box.
'Box ticking' has been mentioned by a few different posters but I'm guessing they've all used the term in the wrong context :rolleyes:
---
I did raise an eyebrow when I heard she'd be given the role to present. I've never really taken to her presenting style, as she comes across far too loud and trying too hard (and failing) to be funny, all very false like.

Not the sort of presenter you want around dogs, especially vulnerable ones who are very sensitive to loudness and can pick up the sense of the humans they interact with. A very 'what was you thinking?' moment from ITV really

Last edited:
Box ticking in her case most definitely infers to her colour and maybe overweight. Not saying the posters are anti her because of her colour whatsoever but that they can see she's being selected not because of her talent but because of the box tick.

I've said before I don't like her, she is/was great with making A list celebs at ease in interviews, but talented as a general presenter to humans or dogs? it's a no.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
What I really want to know is why there are soooo many stories in MailOnline about her ‘hunky Russian boyfriend’. There’s normally some reason why the Mail does stories like this

Reactions: 14
What I really want to know is why there are soooo many stories in MailOnline about her ‘hunky Russian boyfriend’. There’s normally some reason why the Mail does stories like this
Because they know and we know he's dodgy AF and unless she's with him just for a quickie, she'll be taken advantage of (again)

Reactions: 12
Reactions: 4
How sweet she's taken the lad for a day out at the zoo!
She's got a giant head!
Is she going to do a promo or TV ad for that safari? It looks like a professional scoping out trip

Reactions: 6