Alison Hammond

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe they should have just bought the programme back without a presenter and just someone doing a voiceover.

Reactions: 9
I will say she did manage to tone things down but it didn't seem like it came natural to her, the main thing is the dogs yesterday got a new start and hopefully they are living their best lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Why haven’t they got some who loves or is knowledgable about dogs? I don’t dislike Alison but what a weird choice!

Loved Paul and always knew he would be tempted to take every dog home!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Why haven’t they got some who loves or is knowledgable about dogs? I don’t dislike Alison but what a weird choice
I honestly think Ali the dog behaviorist that got on so well with Paul would have been a better fix. In fact anyone but Alison H, she really is most unsuited for the role. :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Martin Clunes, Julian Clary or Alan Carr would have been fab, they are able to be funny but bring a real emotional side to the whole thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Martin Clunes, Julian Clary or Alan Carr would have been fab, they are able to be funny but bring a real emotional side to the whole thing.
I saw a clip on You Tube of Alan advertising his new ITV programme, and noticed he was cuddling a dog as he was talking, and it was really happy. Thought it was his dog, but seems to be This Morning's resident dog. 🤔
ETA. Managed to find it:

Reactions: 9
I saw a clip on You Tube of Alan advertising his new ITV programme, and noticed he was cuddling a dog as he was talking, and it was really happy. Thought it was his dog, but seems to be This Morning's resident dog. 🤔
ETA. Managed to find it:
That's Buddy... he's being trained as an autism assistance dog. They have him on regularly and a lot of the guests/presenters make a big fuss over him.
But Alison barely interacts with him. I think they introduced him to make her look like a dog lover but it hasn't worked.

That's Buddy... he's being trained as an autism assistance dog. They have him on regularly and a lot of the guests/presenters make a big fuss over him.
But Alison barely interacts with him. I think they introduced him to make her look like a dog lover but it hasn't worked.
She's awful! She's so disinterested in Buddy on this morning. Everyone else always shows her up around Buddy. Iv said before on the This morning thread that she's just not a good fit for the love of dogs. She's definitely no dog lover! She's not natural with them, she's not got a dog and she just doesn't seem to have any interest in them at all. Martin Clunes would have been a brilliant replacement. Awful she's got the job and it's done a disservice to Paul o Gradys hard work and love that he put into it (imo)

• Sad
I have no problem with Alison Hammond. I think she's great. Also, if she wants to get ploughed by a fit Russian model 20 years her junior, have at it girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You would think that the first thing that the producers would have looked for is someone who loves dogs. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Says it all doesn't it? Its a pity that ticking boxes on An Agenda was more important than finding someone who at least liked dogs to host the programme. Yes I dislike her even more now too

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Says it all doesn't it? Its a pity that ticking boxes on An Agenda was more important than finding someone who at least liked dogs to host the programme. Yes I dislike her even more now too
never liked her always thought she was false.Detest her even more.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Can we stop calling out 'ticking boxes' when talking about Alison Hammond? There is nothing wrong with making minorities more visible on public service television and to criticise that gives me the ick.

What should be called out instead is ITV's laziness when it comes to give Alison jobs, because I'm sure there are far more talented black people who are more capable of presenting and in this case who actually like dogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m pretty indifferent to Alison Hammond but I’m quite confused at all the anger at her for taking this job. Surely it’s the people who offered her the job who are in the wrong? I think ITV are very incestuous and tend to stick to the same presenters rather than thinking outside the box or working on getting the right fit for a particular job. Do I think she should have the job? No, I think it should have gone to someone who has a genuine love of dogs. The problem is the powers that be rather than the presenter though surely?

Reactions: 14
I’m pretty indifferent to Alison Hammond but I’m quite confused at all the anger at her for taking this job. Surely it’s the people who offered her the job who are in the wrong? I think ITV are very incestuous and tend to stick to the same presenters rather than thinking outside the box or working on getting the right fit for a particular job. Do I think she should have the job? No, I think it should have gone to someone who has a genuine love of dogs. The problem is the powers that be rather than the presenter though surely?
I actually quite like Alison, I think she’s is a very talented interviewer but not a great presenter, but her taking a job which is very important in terms of raising awareness and money and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the dogs which are likely troubled or traumatised etc when she’s scared of dogs/doesn’t like dogs and knows herself that she’s a loud, bubbly, light person and that isn’t great for the dogs speaks to a lack of integrity on her part. ITV should never have offered her the job but she should’ve had the integrity to say do you know what I don’t really like dogs, dogs can sense things like that, they’ve already been through a lot and aren’t in a good place so I’m going to say no to this project.

• Heart