Alice j_t #3 Never mind Slay, Alice is having a long lunch and throwing her "business" away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What would the rent for that type of house be in London? I’m assuming a three bed terrace with no garden?
A huge chunk out of that £5/pm income... I do feel a bit sorry for her potentially having to negotiate her way out of another rental contract ahead of its expiration.

Reactions: 2
The post (and comments) blaming 2019 and hoping 2020 is ‘kinder’. It’s nothing to do with the year and everything to do with the choices you make during it. 2020 won’t be any different unless you make it so.

Reactions: 22
Watching the latest stories I can’t help but feel sorry for her. I think the enormity of what she has done over the last few months has finally hit home and she is understandably upset and embarrassed.

Whatever she may have done in the past, it is sad to see a woman, who on the face of it has a lot going for her, end up like this.

I hope she is able to enjoy Christmas with the kids and her parents. I also hope, but suspect it less likely, that she spends a long, long time reflecting on 2019 and what she has put her kids and presumably the rest of her family through, and then learns from it.

She needs to focus on being a good mother, work hard to make a go of her business (or admit defeat and get a job) and spend less time chasing weird men - they are not the answer to her problems, despite how good they make her feel in the short term.
this absolutely would be the sensible option.
Yet she’s been dumped 5 mins and is on bumble already. So much for feminist empowerment or ‘slay’ing at life. She can’t bear her own company. She wants a man to rescue her and buy her Gucci...
So in future, any empowerment b*****ks she comes out with, refer back to here 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Everyone called it, sadly it’s not a surprise. Don’t skewer me but I actually feel really, really sorry for her. You never enter something assuming that it’ll go tits up and I had kind of hoped it would be ok given the enormity of the change she put on her kids. I really hope she seeks some proper counselling as she clearly has some deep set issues that she hasn’t addressed and desperately needs to. Her children are at the age where they will remember this period well into adulthood and she isn’t modelling how to build or maintain healthy relationships.

I get that Alice likes things and status and I imagine that this has been a thread with her since she was young and dating someone in the music scene. It’s exciting to get into places, mix with certain types of people and feel ‘special’. Then you move on and you grow up and realise that tit isn’t important and focus on the important things like family and friends and general adulting. Or you are stuck in that rut of needing validation and it moves from this scene to Instagram, Soho House and Gucci handbags. And inappropriate men to support it. I’m really hopeful she’ll just find a normal person and if she wants those things so much, be more than a marketplace feminist and work and pay for them all herself.

Reactions: 31
Everyone called it, sadly it’s not a surprise. Don’t skewer me but I actually feel really, really sorry for her. You never enter something assuming that it’ll go tits up and I had kind of hoped it would be ok given the enormity of the change she put on her kids. I really hope she seeks some proper counselling as she clearly has some deep set issues that she hasn’t addressed and desperately needs to. Her children are at the age where they will remember this period well into adulthood and she isn’t modelling how to build or maintain healthy relationships.

I get that Alice likes things and status and I imagine that this has been a thread with her since she was young and dating someone in the music scene. It’s exciting to get into places, mix with certain types of people and feel ‘special’. Then you move on and you grow up and realise that tit isn’t important and focus on the important things like family and friends and general adulting. Or you are stuck in that rut of needing validation and it moves from this scene to Instagram, Soho House and Gucci handbags. And inappropriate men to support it. I’m really hopeful she’ll just find a normal person and if she wants those things so much, be more than a marketplace feminist and work and pay for them all herself.
🙌🏻

View attachment 66600

I didn’t purposely screen shot at a bad time. I was just focussed on the words.
This is my first post (having lurked) but because I actually watched this series of stories so not really sure what happened to them - but she basically said she left all the shopping until Christmas Eve so was having to go to John Lewis at 3pm on Christmas Eve (hence feeling like a dick). She might have said she left all the shopping because life was hectic etc but I can't actually remember for sure but really not as dramatic as it seems!

Reactions: 5
Only just catching-up. Has the relationship ended? Moved out of MK now in south London on her own? I know people said this would happen - but ffs

Only just catching-up. Has the relationship ended? Moved out of MK now in south London on her own? I know people said this would happen - but ffs
Looks like it. No confirmation but lots of sad stories about how the year ended badly. All his pics gone.

Reactions: 2
her parents will bail her out. If she goes back to MK, they will have to move back into the garden shed!

Reactions: 3
her parents will bail her out. If she goes back to MK, they will have to move back into the garden shed!
Good lord. If so it’s just bloody enablement and they aren’t doing her any favours. Then my parents would have absolutely dragged me over the coals if I had declared that I was planning to upend the lives of my children and move in with a chap I’d known for five minutes. She’s incredibly fortunate to have had the support of her parents through her breakup and subsequent single parenting. I imagine she may rely on the fact that they love their grandkids so don’t want to give a bit of ‘you made your bed now lie in it’ tough love.

Reactions: 4
Good lord. If so it’s just bloody enablement and they aren’t doing her any favours. Then my parents would have absolutely dragged me over the coals if I had declared that I was planning to upend the lives of my children and move in with a chap I’d known for five minutes. She’s incredibly fortunate to have had the support of her parents through her breakup and subsequent single parenting. I imagine she may rely on the fact that they love their grandkids so don’t want to give a bit of ‘you made your bed now lie in it’ tough love.
I think it will be difficult for her, that house will be costing about 3k a month and also trying to do the work she does without some form of on tap child care.

Reactions: 1
that would be convenient wouldn't it? “you all go & then i can get new ppl who don't know my history.... & its like my stupid decisions never happened!!” sa-layyyyy

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.