Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libertine

VIP Member
It always amazes me how people put themselves first ahead of their kids then trot out the old ‘children are resilient’ line when questioned.
Agree.

The number of adults in the world fucked up by their childhood leads me to believe children aren’t really as resilient as people like to tell themselves.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

miagia

I appreciate that the children living with their father is a decision that has been made with their best interests in mind, but I’d be very ashamed to say my children lived full time with their father and I had weekend contact.

It probably makes sense with the travel she does for her work.
I don't think there is anything wrong with children living with their Dad - they've got to live at one house for most of the time (if the parents live far apart like Will and Alice), and there's no reason why that should be the Mum rather than the Dad. However, the way Alice acted when they DID live with her was horrific, and the reasons they've actually had to make the move to live with their Dad are incredibly sad and traumatic :( agreed that the arrangement also makes sense if she's travelling for work a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Madness how she’s condemning people on Twitter for going to pubs when she’s spent the past few months back and forth to Europe, sitting on planes full of hundreds of people and wandering through cities, eating in restaurants, staying in hotels... we’ve all known about the virus for long enough, Alice, don’t be pretending you’re not potentially complicit. You were in Portugal a literal week ago, joking with someone about getting isolated there and telling them how amazing their commute to Amsterdam is.
If people who shuffle from their house to their pub and back again want to go to the pub then they fucking well shall. Don’t be a hypocrite just because you want to be part of something on twitter.

Goodness she’s really fluffed me up!

• Heart
  • Haha

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I am genuinely so shocked.

I don’t want to be super judgemental of a woman taking a break from motherhood, because it’s bloody hard and dads get to do so all the time. It’s unfair we judge women more harshly for things men get to do and nobody blinks an eye.

However, with Alice, it just seems really desperate and sad and also very superficial and callous to just keep on posting her calamari and cocktails on Instagram as if she didn’t market herself as a strong single mother until very recently.

If she came out and admitted she’s trying to get herself back together after the conman incident and build her career after making so many mistakes, and her children are better off with their dad while she works on herself, then kept her head down and off social media while she actually did it, I’d have a lot of respect for her. Instead she’s behaving as if she’s suddenly 22 years old and free to do whatever she damn pleases.

The whole situation makes me feel so uncomfortable. She seems like a truly terrible person to prioritise Soho House membership over a better family home for her kids, and to keep posting about her drinking and pals when her kids have been shipped off to her ex.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I think we're judging her in comparison to what the typical female would/should want in life and I just don't think that's her. I think she's putting herself first and is quite happy with that. She knows her kids are safe and happy with Dad and I think that suits her.
See, I completely get where you’re coming from, especially because I am personally child free by choice and have no interest in being a mum.

However, Alice DID push the narrative of being a single mum a lot. She wrote a book about it. A lot of her online content and ads involved her children. She wasn’t a full blown mummy blogger, but she was definitely close to that, and being a parent seemed to be a significant part of what she put online. Then it just all went away one day, without explanation.

That’s what annoys me, and that’s what I find baffling. I have a friend who was utterly confused by Alice’s disappearing kids - she followed Alice because she loved seeing a single mum she could relate to. Fab for Alice that she can just check out of her major responsibility as a parent, but not every mother can. I’m aware men do it all the time so I don’t want to judge too harshly, but I still find it utterly strange to not address it at all.

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Her Stories are just a disingenuous stream of memes and snapshots without saying anything definitive. She’s conning her followers, who helped her get that £5K a month business she talked about. There’s been radio silence on what happened last year, and what happened since. She’s never said publicly that she has ditched Slay and is now employed
There was a blog post once saying she owned nobody anything but that’s not true, not whilst she’s still got those 22k followers who all feel invested in her. We are awed an explanation.
Where’s the single mother of two that’s we followed? Shes changed the bio but not said anything and that’s frustrating

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
Weird to use the current awful situation for teens from low income/disadvantaged background getting graded down to boast about her own credentials

Also she’s white and middle class so will move through professional circles very easily, and comes from a financially secure background so can afford to flunk things/change her mind/do unpaid work experience. Also she went to uni before the huge tuition fees increase, so it’s no big deal to just drop out because she couldn’t be bothered or didn’t like it . Her path has no relevance to anyone who has been fucked over by this government. What is she talking about.
Also “head of marketing by 30”. So was I. Let’s get a grip here: it’s not groundbreaking stuff.
Completely agree. She’s walking white, middle class privilege. I don’t even think she’s a feminist, I just think she wants to have her cake and eat it.

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I truly thought Alice had turned a corner after the Dan Salmassian debacle. I was impressed she got a proper job and seems to be sticking with it.

However, she clearly is obsessed with having a boyfriend, chasing men as soon as possible out of lockdown, and I think it’s a sign of a deeply unhappy woman.

I can imagine it’s difficult to be mid-30s and single, but it’s not exactly unusual. Alice has children already too, so it’s not like she’s feeling the pressure there. She needs to learn to be happy on her own and reflect on what bloody happened to her and why - why was she such an easy target for an alleged conman? Focus on your children and career. Focus on liking yourself first and being comfortable being alone. Stop defining your success by your relationship status!

Agh she drives me mad. I just want to give her shoulders a shake and tell her to wake up! Look at all she has. She has a good job, two lovely children (which many women never get to have!), supportive parents, she’s healthy, she can afford to live in London. She won’t be happy until she has a boyfriend (pref a rich one) to show off on Instagram. It’s really sad.

• Heart
  • Sick

Twirlypoo

The stepmother seems to be the complete opposite to Alice in every way.

I completely agree, nothing wrong with children living with their father. But Alice’s whole identity was ‘young single mother of two’. Her blog is littered with posts about being solely responsible for her two small children.

I’d personally be ashamed my children didn’t live with me full time - I actually can’t even imagine it -and I bet Alice isn’t entirely comfortable with it either.
I think it goes beyond shame. I’m a single parent and if I genuinely thought my kids would be better off with their dad, whilst it would kill me, I would enable that, because they come first. My issue is that I can’t imagine thinking my child would be better off with someone else and NOT making the changes to my life that made it so that wasn’t the case. I’d be working in a cafe 2 mins from their dads if needs be - when you have kids your decisions should / do generally revolve around their well being as a priority. Sometimes that means giving up the international job (been there, done that, resigned) and the revolving door of men.

• Heart

Xavier369

I know someone who works with her and they have verified she is a grade A c***, doesn't do any work, takes all the credit, bolts under pressure. You know... classic Alice stuff

• Haha

SharkAttack

VIP Member
I never thought of it like that. I saw her as a selfish woman but I agree, looks like she’s more predatory. Maybe her and Dan deserved each other, both trying to rip each other off.
Yeah, remember Gramps? I don't think she was with him for his character or looks, now, was she!

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Scunci

does anyone else think she's lost custody of the kids? I know she used COVID as an excuse for why they'd gone...but it seems like things have changed. It makes sense that they'd live with their dad considering Alice's frequent travel for work (during normal times) and lack of childcare (since she moved away from parents).

She seems desperate for validation, I think it's why she "envy 'grams" puts on the appearance of a glamorous lifestyle when the reality is so different. She has been in two seemingly abusive relationships, failed at an online business, was conned out of money, is living in a place she didn't really choose. And it looks like she is drinking/casual sex-ing/consuming her way out of it. I think she's a complete mess and it is honestly quite scary.

petitspois

VIP Member
In my opinion, Alice is completely and utterly delusional. She craves male attention like oxygen. I really don't think she ever reflects upon her behaviour.

Yoyolady

Chatty Member
What on earth is she on about? She laid her life out on a plate and people criticised some of her insane choices- where are the lies??

• Haha

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
I know she’s done it for Elfie, who is clearly seeing it through her Dad’s account, but why would you dress like that (see through top as well as the too-short-shorts) in a video you’re sending to your ex-husband? Bet his wife is thrilled!!

Xavier369

Confirmed through the grape vine, Alice resigned from her job before she was fired

Another one bites the dust eh, Alice.... What a complicated existence she must live in trying to keep up with all the lies

• Haha
  • Wow

WiKi

'So, Alice, do you have kids?'

'Yes, two actually, they live with their Dad'

'oh'
I don’t think I’d have any reaction to this if I didn’t know what she was like. I’m sure most people will because it’s not ‘the norm’ but why shouldn’t it be? If it was a man saying his kids live with their mum no one would have an issue. The problem with Alice is her reasons for it, her covering it up and how she’s not fully acting like single person just out of uni and seeming to love it