Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

scantysandwich

Chatty Member
Does anyone know the name of the logical fallacy (if it is one) in the last comment?

where one person can’t (or won’t) follow the argument so they deliberately misconstrue something to change the subject?
ChatGPT thinks it’s straw man:

In the scenario you described, the potential logical fallacy from Person B's response could be classified as a **Straw Man** fallacy. This happens when Person B misrepresents Person A's argument or statement. Person A's remark, while dismissive and sarcastic, doesn't include any explicit threat. Person B's interpretation that this might be a threat changes the subject to something more serious and specific than what was originally stated.

This misrepresentation allows Person B to address a different, more dramatic issue ("Are you threatening me?") rather than responding directly to the original comment about "mental gymnastics" and needing luck, which might be criticizing Person B's reasoning or perspective. By doing so, Person B diverts the discussion away from the initial criticism and focuses it on a potential but nonexistent threat.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

ThisishowIlivenow

VIP Member
Was this the person who said Alice could cook from scratch to save money, and she could offer her advice?
Alice then went to crazy town on her.
The lady was genuinely trying to help her too.
That was the one yes.

I think I was more of a hindrance than a help!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Ally Pally

VIP Member
Looking through the comments on Alice's instagram, aren't there a couple of them who she launch a tirade against in the past? Dawn Whitty I vaguely remember, and ThatJanetBoyer, definitely this one as it was about the same time as the Craig incident. Why are they supporting her?
Never heard of them 😂

• Haha

CookieMonsta

VIP Member
I’ll go first!.. Alice, you are an ABOMINABLE CUNT!

Sweet. Glad I got that off my chest!
---

Ok, you first! 😂
---

If Bee is the devil, WTF does that make Alice???? 😳

ETA: APPOLYON! That’s who Alice is. Alice Appolyon Evans! (I just googled it - describes her perfectly! 😉)
If Alice isn't the devil it makes me think the devil might be quite a good sort.

• Haha

Old Soak

VIP Member
a reminder that Alice passionately defended a woman that sexually assaulted a boy that was just two years older than her eldest and that was groomed since he was 10.

I'm not saying she'd do the same obviously, but combined with her constant heavy sexual references it shows how her brain is wired.
---
she is now BEGGING for likes 🤣
View attachment 2917775
That was going to be my caption too hahaha

Ally Pally

VIP Member
I wonder if Alice comes up with the same excuses for not reading lawyer emails as she does for not replying to DMs on Instagram?

Don't people realize she's not interested in their private messages or listening to their boring normal people problems. It's a one way relationship for her and to be useful to Alice your support has to be public or there's zero point to interacting with you.
You have to be in the Alice's abusers group WhatsApp gang to get a response 😉

• Haha