Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mad Betty

VIP Member
My thoughts.

I'd close the Bank of Ioan. Focus on the financials and give the bare minimum required by law.

No automatic college fund for a child that tried to have you slapped with an RO and abused you in your own home. College is a privilege, not a given. They need to understand that.

I will never support the enabling of abusive behavior. That breeds a lifelong pattern of it. Make sure therapy and treatment is covered for the child. That's love.

A lot can happen in 3-4 years.

Yes, by all means deal with Dupee if she didn't do her job and there were egregious inaccuracies that need to be mitigated. If you charge that kind of money you damn well better do your due diligence and fulfill all agreed upon obligations.

I would not pay one more month of that outrageous rent. If she needs rent paid then she needs to settle. And moving is a given, as is getting work.

This has gone on too long, IMO.

There's life after divorce. Get on with it.

MOO

• Heart
Reactions: 93

Hiraeth

VIP Member
Okay, I haven't caught up since I had a 16-hour work day and I have to take care of Mr. H, but I took a look at the most recent filings and I have some thoughts.

- I see today's court ruling as a win for Ioan given what we now can guess about Dr. Dupée's work product.

- Initially I assumed that she would do competent work and was glad of it, since she had broad powers to do her job, access to numerous types of records, and the ability to give a full report to the judge and attorneys.

- I was relieved to hear that it was difficult to challenge the report because I thought that would be a problem for Alice--she contests everything, right? However, it ended up being a problem for Ioan, one which he smartly circumvented by asking for a continuance of the trial to basically do Dr. Dupée's job for her by conducting additional discovery. (Legalese alert, "discovery" refers to the process of requesting documents and information from the other party in a case.) That most likely means that there are documents in Alice's possession that will directly contradict certain items in Dr. Dupée's report.

- Given how difficult it is to contest a custody evaluation report, the judge must have been convinced that there may indeed be "factual inaccuracies and omissions" in Dr. Dupée's report and has allowed Ioan to gather information that may contradict it.

- This was one of the standout takeaways, in my opinion (from Katherine Heersema's declaration): "Dr. Dupée’s report also does not fulfill the obligations or objectives set forth in the August 28, 2023 Order. Page 1 of the Order states, “The scope of the Evaluation shall be to determine the legal and physical custody and recommendations that are in the best interests of the minor children[.]” Dr. Dupée’s report provides almost no recommendations regarding physical custody, and the extremely limited recommendations it does include are inconsistent with one another and impossible to reconcile."

- The main takeaway is that Ioan got everything he was asking for, with the exception of the discovery period being reassessed on May 2, 2024 (he had asked for it to last until June 15, 2024).

- If I were Ioan, I would move forward with the financial trial while my lawyers were doing the discovery for the custody matter. He's hired separate firms, so they can handle matters independently of each other.

- In my opinion, Bernal certainly did not fire Alice as a client. It's a huge ethical no-no to bow out of a case on basically the eve of trial. He wouldn't be allowed to stop representing her right before the trial because it would severely impact her case. If he had wanted to fire her, he would have had to file a petition in court to withdraw from the case.

I'll catch up tomorrow when I've had some sleep. ☺

P.S. I love the Jarndyce v. Jarndyce reference! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 82

Hiraeth

VIP Member
You know, I wish I could reply to her laughably hypocritical Instagram comment like this:

1000047218.png

"Dear Abby, I know you feel like Saint Joan trying to proclaim with your new lips "don't abuse minors," but you really act more like a Dog Lady than a Tattlemember. You may think that you will encounter Judge Mercy today, and you're being as smug as Juventus when they win a match. However, Judge Josh has your number and he won't be fooled again. There will be an apocalypse soon in court beyond your doodle dreams."

(Hat tip to the list of Alice socks in the wiki and to welp's PDF!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

Hiraeth

VIP Member
I’m sorry, WHAT??!???!!!?

View attachment 2784503

SAY MORE NOW!!
OMG I would love to see a tracklist for those.

"Utter, Utter Defamation"
"He Walked Into the Garage (And then Walked Out Again)"
"Marjorie's Lament"
"I Abuse You (Because You Deserve It)" - duet with Anthony ("Tone") Evans, Esquire
"I Fought the Law, and My Five Lawyers Won"
"Change Your Name, Change My Heart"

• Haha
Reactions: 70

Mad Betty

VIP Member
I forgot one thing:

Do not pay the retainer for her to get yet another lawyer.

Madness.

If you keep putting coins in the slots the game keeps working.

Shut it down.

MOO

• Heart
Reactions: 69

barre19

Chatty Member
Ioan could have done everything differently, or just a few things, or nothing at all. He could weigh up the details, maybe different choices might have resulted in different timelines but the end result would have been exactly the same, he still would have ended up here, in a court battle, with two estranged kids and an ex trying to bleed him dry.

Because he dared to leave Alice. That’s really the only detail that matters. He left her. Her huge ego was never going to be able to handle it, her pride was always going to be wounded, and her childish brain was always going to seek revenge at all costs because she lacks the emotional intelligence to understand the nuances, or be able to self-reflect.

I think Ioan has accepted that the girls are a bit lost to him at this point. Therapy has probably helped him to compartmentalise it and be at peace with the fact that it’s just not within his control right now. He’s seeing the process through, he’s continuing to do all he can because one day those girls will be adults able to make their own choices. I have so much respect for him. 💜

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67

welp

VIP Member
As for what Ioan could gave done differently, entering into a new relationship with a much younger woman and expecting his daughters to accept that so soon after the marriage breakdown was not putting them first. The same with the "no theme park visit because of Bianca". The way this is interpreted by young girls wasn't something he understood and at a critical point he put his own happiness before their comfort and this seems the time Alice was able to build a bigger picture along the lines of "your Dad doesn't love you".
See, that is complete bullshit.

Even two years after they started dating it was still "too early", the first time anyone knew he was dating Bianca was 9 months post-separation. That is way above what is recommended even for kids to meet partners of parents, let alone knowing about it.

He never put his happiness before them: if that was the case he would have cut them off and spare himself the pain and invested his money into his 2nd family entirely.

The theme park visit was also BS. he never said they cant go there, but just not on that specific day (which is totally normal, since when are children dictacting everything?) and that they could do something safer that day. He put a humans health before their comfort, which a decent person should ALWAYS do. That those kids have not been taught to have these values is unfortunate, I had them when I was way younger than them (how often couldnt we do something fun because someone was sick and instead we did something else?).

The only thing I agree with is that Alice used this to weaponise it, but she weaponises everything. If he would do everything they want she would accuse him of trying to buy their love (and she did that even later on!)
Alice'sactions were onky effective because her words had an emotional resonance to the girls: Dad puts this new woman before us. It's also fair to say Bianca's socials had nothing maternal about them and a lot of posing, bikini shots etc that weren't really going to communicate to young girls "I am someone who will care about you and never come between you and your Dad".
Jesus Christ, what are you expecting her to post? you are basically slut shaming a disabled woman now

what are maternal posts? Holding a baby? Then Alice would say: "see, she wants to steal you from me and be the new mom" (she actually said this)
I think discussion overestimates the ability if girls aged 8 and 11 to accept a marriage ending and one parent moving on...especially with a non-parental appearing figure.
weird how many kids manage just fine. I cant think why it is... /s

Re Dupee...the situation she was in was two girls who say they're happy, want to live with Mum and no evidence of psychological harm (note I say evidence). She may also have a strong feeling that the girls have been manipulated but if they say they don't want to see their Dad and there isn't clear evidence of them being abused then what is she to recommend? After all that has happened it is pretty inconceivable that an order to live partly with their father will do much other than to increase the girls' sense of a lack of autonomy, stability etc
You need to basically ignore everything to not see evidence of psychological harm. She basically admitted everything on twitter

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

Nixlondon

VIP Member
Alice badmouthing her own kids? quelle surprise
View attachment 2786626
(though based on this context I suspect Alice was bragging to them about her kids' horrible behavior, Ella was doing this from the start after all)
This is pretty offsides of Lin. "I know he won't really jeopardise Bianca, Bubba Bear or himself by spending time with them at least not yet". How the fuck does she know that - he would not have told her that. I doubt he has said much to her at all, just platitudes and a request for all info she has from Alice in writing. There is something wrong with Lin that after all the shit she is still insisting on inserting herself front and centre. Vile woman.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59

AnneinHever

VIP Member
Over the past five years I’ve had my fair share of contact with child therapists. I believe we’re at six or seven by now. My experience has been very bad. I’ve seen impressive CVs and offices, people claiming they can help, but in the end no one ever did. When things get really bad -or when they realize how bad they are- the go-to approach for all of them is to disengage with some vague or impossible guidance.

I believe this is what happened in this case. Dupee gave some vague guidance without any conclusive proposals about custody. She doesn’t know how to deal with the situation. It takes a very brave person to handle difficult cases (and let’s face it, Alice’s parental alienation has made this an extremely difficult case), and unfortunately there aren’t many brave people in this world.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58

Hiraeth

VIP Member
The court docket now has the minute orders from yesterday's hearing. I'm downloading them now.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

Hiraeth

VIP Member
New court documents incoming.

The trial will likely be continued and Ioan is requesting that discovery be reopened as to custody issues (the GAL has also consented to this). New court documents are below. I am booked solid in meetings from now till this afternoon so I can't review in any detail till then.
---

---

---

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

SC_love

Chatty Member
How is it possible that someone as expensive as Dr Dupee hasn’t fact checked her report on something so important??

Seriously, how Ioan has the strength to keep going, I do not know. Actually I do, it’s Bianca.

• Heart
Reactions: 55