Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Great now he's doing a book review CEO worship series I will ensure to not watch that

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Great now he's doing a book review CEO worship series I will ensure to not watch that
It's such a pointless thing to do in general. I'd wager he hasn't researched any of the bad tit Elon's done or why people dislike him in general. He's just getting high off his own supply of entrepreneur motivation garbage and then just regurgitating it for the brainless fans. Who even needs lessons from some guy that's completely detached from the reality of daily life? (valid for both Elon and Ali)

This video was a bunch of generic nonsense alongside some absolutely fake bs such as the 5-minute schedule. That was debunked all over the internet. I guess Ali's acolytes didn't take the time to verify if the info they filled his script with is actually legit. Take daily showers... This has to be some kind of joke. Great lesson to learn at the age of 30, that you should wash your dirty ass. Couldn't have done it without Ali or Elon to guide me on the right path of washing behind my nuts. Absolutely life-changing lessons.

Ali is in a competition with himself to provide the most useless and crappy videos known to man.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wait he's definitely not doing medicine now?

Edit: I watched the video where he said he probably doesn't want to medicine. I'm glad he's realised he feels like he should do medicine rather than wanting to do it. I hope he can do something to do with teaching in the future that is useful
The problem with that is he isnt a teacher and if he isnt happy with being a doctor, he'd never tolerate being a teacher on even less money. He says he wants to teach but I imagine he means lecture in a university. No university will hire him to teach medical students when a single google shows he has no interest in medicine. You also cant waltz in and be a lecturer without a PhD. In medical school, its people with science backgrounds and PhDs that do most of the teaching and the remainder are practicing doctors. I mean, what would he teach? He doesn't have the qualifications to teach anything. Highlighting quotes from some book as changing his life every 5 min doesn't really come across as a mature, independent thinker. Nor does his argument about lives saved. If he doesnt want to be a doctor - then fine. I have no issue with that. But deluding himself into thinking he is doing more good by not being a doctor when the hospitals are being overrun at the moment is ridiculous. He also seemed to be trying to push that view on his assistant as well - I seriously hope she makes up her own mind on whether to return to medical school or not.

Reactions: 10
Ali: Elon's first tip is do not try to live life like Elon Musk

Ali: also continues to do 7 more life tips from Elon Musk

Honestly has this guy had a single original thought in his life? Every thing he talks about is a theory from a book of from a guru or businessperson. It's like he does not trust his own tips or intelligence and just needs to nick ideas from other people. Every thought has to be from someone "impressive" or be called a "technique" or something.

Anyway...another video where he says he does not have passion for medicine.

The problem with that is he isnt a teacher and if he isnt happy with being a doctor, he'd never tolerate being a teacher on even less money. He says he wants to teach but I imagine he means lecture in a university. No university will hire him to teach medical students when a single google shows he has no interest in medicine. You also cant waltz in and be a lecturer without a PhD. In medical school, its people with science backgrounds and PhDs that do most of the teaching and the remainder are practicing doctors. I mean, what would he teach? He doesn't have the qualifications to teach anything. Highlighting quotes from some book as changing his life every 5 min doesn't really come across as a mature, independent thinker. Nor does his argument about lives saved. If he doesnt want to be a doctor - then fine. I have no issue with that. But deluding himself into thinking he is doing more good by not being a doctor when the hospitals are being overrun at the moment is ridiculous. He also seemed to be trying to push that view on his assistant as well - I seriously hope she makes up her own mind on whether to return to medical school or not.
If he actually is passionate about being a teacher he would you know...do a teaching qualification or something or go back to university and study in teaching but it's just his next virtue signalling obsession now that's he's left medicine. He doesn't like teaching - he might like holding seminars for medical students etc. but if he truly was passionate about that he'd go practise at a teaching hospital or something and make the sacrifice of working on a ward 3 days a week so that he could spend 2 days a week teaching.

He likes selling overpriced courses to people, running a "business" and feeling like a boss, not teaching. However teaching to him sounds like a "calling", like it's something morally sound and an accepted profession so he can say that's his passion. He probably hasn't taught anyone face to face for like 2 or more years tho so it's all performative so he can feel like he's doing a traditional job.

Reactions: 5

Honestly has this guy had a single original thought in his life? Every thing he talks about is a theory from a book of from a guru or businessperson. It's like he does not trust his own tips or intelligence and just needs to nick ideas from other people. Every thought has to be from someone "impressive" or be called a "technique" or something.

Anyway...another video where he says he does not have passion for medicine.

If he actually is passionate about being a teacher he would you know...do a teaching qualification or something or go back to university and study in teaching but it's just his next virtue signalling obsession now that's he's left medicine. He doesn't like teaching - he might like holding seminars for medical students etc. but if he truly was passionate about that he'd go practise at a teaching hospital or something and make the sacrifice of working on a ward 3 days a week so that he could spend 2 days a week teaching.

He likes selling overpriced courses to people, running a "business" and feeling like a boss, not teaching. However teaching to him sounds like a "calling", like it's something morally sound and an accepted profession so he can say that's his passion. He probably hasn't taught anyone face to face for like 2 or more years tho so it's all performative so he can feel like he's doing a traditional job.
You guys didn't get it, he likes teaching ON YOUTUBE. As in... He believes his videos are teaching people things and that's what he likes doing. Also he likes "teaching" YouTube to fans that paid $5k to hang out on Zoom with him. That's what he meant by teaching, not some university position lol. The guy honestly thinks his content is educational, that's why he keeps using this word.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You guys didn't get it, he likes teaching ON YOUTUBE. As in... He believes his videos are teaching people things and that's what he likes doing. Also he likes "teaching" YouTube to fans that paid $5k to hang out on Zoom with him. That's what he meant by teaching, not some university position lol. The guy honestly thinks his content is educational, that's why he keeps using this word.
I think he wants to say he is a teacher or likes teachiong so he can tell his traditional family he has a traditional moral background that he's a teacher rather than a snake oil salesman.

This. Especially over the last six months or so, particularly visible in any of his conversations he hosts (or has in real life, I fear) with his brother, Sheen, fellow podcasters.

His way to offer a counter-argument is not experience or his own thoughts/deduction/critical reasoning but a memory of a podcast-soundbyte or some highlighted-text that he will sagely bring forth with a smug smile at an opportune moment and expect the other person to be amazed at the "wisdom" proffered by a quote-underlining freak. It's almost pathological: this wisdom-nugget collection (and creation) and verbatim quoting - ironically his "content" relies on this. It's such a conversation killer that he should be grateful people carry on talking to him after he drops these. Just talk, man! You to me, me to you. It's a very reductive, caged way of thinking and doesn't allow for a free-flowing two-people actively listening and creating an a-ha! moment together (in real time) which is what has led to success of good long-form podcasts. It also betrays lack of interest in the listener and subtle undermining/shading of the "What you are feeling is not unique. Actually I had an expert enterpreneur/self-professed guru who said about this..." kind. How many of these can a sane person survive?

Part of it is paucity of life experience and wider reading/world-absorbing to make those inter-disciplinary connections but part of it is, now that he is successful, not wanting to have any real life experience and wider reading/world-absorbing either. Scary!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This. Especially over the last six months or so, particularly visible in any of his conversations he hosts (or has in real life, I fear) with his brother, Sheen, fellow podcasters.

His way to offer a counter-argument is not experience or his own thoughts/deduction/critical reasoning but a memory of a podcast-soundbyte or some highlighted-text that he will sagely bring forth with a smug smile at an opportune moment and expect the other person to be amazed at the "wisdom" proffered by a quote-underlining freak. It's almost pathological: this wisdom-nugget collection (and creation) and verbatim quoting - ironically his "content" relies on this. It's such a conversation killer that he should be grateful people carry on talking to him after he drops these. Just talk, man! You to me, me to you. It's a very reductive, caged way of thinking and doesn't allow for a free-flowing two-people actively listening and creating an a-ha! moment together (in real time) which is what has led to success of good long-form podcasts. It also betrays lack of interest in the listener and subtle undermining/shading of the "What you are feeling is not unique. Actually I had an expert enterpreneur/self-professed guru who said about this..." kind. How many of these can a sane person survive?

Part of it is paucity of life experience and wider reading/world-absorbing to make those inter-disciplinary connections but part of it is, now that he is successful, not wanting to have any real life experience and wider reading/world-absorbing either. Scary!
Yeah, kinda what happens when a sheltered geek gets a bit too much attention and thinks he's a wise sage. I've noticed this style of conversing in several videos and honestly it would be very difficult to refrain from slapping someone that keeps pulling quotes and soundbytes out of his ass when I'm trying to have an actual conversation. It's like he's searching for an opportunity to drop a quote from X billionaire or Y guru that just completely contradicts what the other person said... just because it comes from someone famous. What the hell. In some parts of the world you'd definitely get punched in the face for being such a pedantic twit.

I would simply not talk to him. Most other people would also stop talking to him. It's probably why he has to build a "business" in which he's essentially paying people to be his friend.

If your contribution to a conversation is that David Woods in his book How To Be A CEO said this on some podcast rather than your own personal thoughts or experiences then you are not worth talking to. When Ali is sharing is own personal opinions they're widely abhorrent like donating £2000 is more statistically moral than volunteering to a soup kitchen in your local neighbourhood because one "saves more lives".

Reactions: 3
I would simply not talk to him. Most other people would also stop talking to him. It's probably why he has to build a "business" in which he's essentially paying people to be his friend.

If your contribution to a conversation is that David Woods in his book How To Be A CEO said this on some podcast rather than your own personal thoughts or experiences then you are not worth talking to. When Ali is sharing is own personal opinions they're widely abhorrent like donating £2000 is more statistically moral than volunteering to a soup kitchen in your local neighbourhood because one "saves more lives".
The whole "I donate money so save more lives than the doctors working" thing is really abhorrent. Only someone who has never had love for another person, whether family or friend, could reduce human life in such a way. I want to see him arriving in A&E needing emergency life surgery, and the surgeon to tell him that it will be more cost effective to instead spend that money saving poverty-stricken lives in Africa so he should not have the treatment 😤

Yeh the constant quoting thing is so odd. I really cringed watching Diary of CEO interview when he would repeatedly do that. Ali has really put me off using self-help books or self-help videos. He should have a syndrome named after him of what happens when you forgo real life for so much book learning.

Reactions: 9
The whole "I donate money so save more lives than the doctors working" thing is really abhorrent. Only someone who has never had love for another person, whether family or friend, could reduce human life in such a way. I want to see him arriving in A&E needing emergency life surgery, and the surgeon to tell him that it will be more cost effective to instead spend that money saving poverty-stricken lives in Africa so he should not have the treatment 😤
It also ignores the fact he's wasted thousands of pounds worth of funding and time invested in his training as a Doctor. Let alone the shortage of medics in the NHS. Of course someone else will probably pick up his spot, but he has taken up a spot at a medical school for 6 years that someone truly passionate for medicine could have taken up instead.

Overall it's just really a joke that what he thinks he does is "teaching". First he makes a mockery of medicine by telling everybody he is "saving lives" as a doctor whilst not even practising, now he's onto making a mockery of the teaching profession.

Reactions: 7
It also ignores the fact he's wasted thousands of pounds worth of funding and time invested in his training as a Doctor. Let alone the shortage of medics in the NHS. Of course someone else will probably pick up his spot, but he has taken up a spot at a medical school for 6 years that someone truly passionate for medicine could have taken up instead.

Overall it's just really a joke that what he thinks he does is "teaching". First he makes a mockery of medicine by telling everybody he is "saving lives" as a doctor whilst not even practising, now he's onto making a mockery of the teaching profession.
To be fair he's probably returned that money 20 times over in taxes. I'm sure there are many people who go to medical school without being passionate about it just like in every other area. His initial motivation for it was stupid though and the way he's handled it afterwards has been even more stupid especially considering 80% of the hype around him was because he was a "doctor". His fear that people will lose interest now is justified and realistic. I hope people do lose interest because outside of the doctor hype, there's not much else there.

Reactions: 2
To be fair he's probably returned that money 20 times over in taxes. I'm sure there are many people who go to medical school without being passionate about it just like in every other area. His initial motivation for it was stupid though and the way he's handled it afterwards has been even more stupid especially considering 80% of the hype around him was because he was a "doctor". His fear that people will lose interest now is justified and realistic. I hope people do lose interest because outside of the doctor hype, there's not much else there.
Considering the estimated cost of training 1 medical doctor in the UK is around £250,000, I don't he's paid 20x that amount in tax. A doctor working for 40 years would also be paying tax annually and their UK patients who are helped to get better would work and pay taxes too. But the tax argument misses the point. The government has provided medical schools to provide a medical workforce in the UK which is better for UK patients than just importing doctors which would save the government money. No UK medical school would accept a student using the degree as a conduit to make money. It's shameful that he is so open about medicine never being his passion from the start.

Anyway, I figured the way he talks is a good prototype for how artificial intelligence robots will converse with us in the future:
Me: Good morning, I'm tired and just had some orange juice for breakfast.
Robot: Hey, did you know that research shows you can reduce your tiredness by XYZ. You could increase your productivity today by combining another superfood as theorised by author XYZ. Isn't this really insightful and life-changing? o_O As our goal today is to save lives, remember to donate and use your time well, and don't forget to include some fun time too which will increase productivity in the long run. 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Considering the estimated cost of training 1 medical doctor in the UK is around £250,000, I don't he's paid 20x that amount in tax. A doctor working for 40 years would also be paying tax annually and their UK patients who are helped to get better would work and pay taxes too. But the tax argument misses the point. The government has provided medical schools to provide a medical workforce in the UK which is better for UK patients than just importing doctors which would save the government money. No UK medical school would accept a student using the degree as a conduit to make money. It's shameful that he is so open about medicine never being his passion from the start.

Anyway, I figured the way he talks is a good prototype for how artificial intelligence robots will converse with us in the future:
Me: Good morning, I'm tired and just had some orange juice for breakfast.
Robot: Hey, did you know that research shows you can reduce your tiredness by XYZ. You could increase your productivity today by combining another superfood as theorised by author XYZ. Isn't this really insightful and life-changing? o_O As our goal today is to save lives, remember to donate and use your time well, and don't forget to include some fun time too which will increase productivity in the long run. 🤡
Ok wasn't aware of precise figures. Even if it's 250k, he's probably paid back at least double by now with the inflow of money from suckers. Plenty of things the country wastes money on, this would just be a small droplet in a large pond. Personally not a fan of glorifying the NHS like it's some sacred institution. It's whatever really. Probably for the best that this clown didn't continue pursuing medicine, the fewer tit doctors there are, the better. However, let's not pretend that if he hadn't gone to med school, someone with passion would have taken his place. It might've happened or it might not. This isn't a fact, it's just wishful thinking. I get the feeling the discussion is trailing off towards "if... then..." hypotheticals too much.

What remains fact is that Ali used the perceived value or prestige that Cambridge has to boost his personal brand of shittery and now has abandoned the very thing that constituted a large part of his appeal with a get-out-of-jail-card type argument that a sociopath would invoke such as saving more lives through donations. He doesn't actually give two flying shits about sick children in Africa, he just wanted to outsource "doing good" so that he can bring it up whenever someone attacks him for being a bleep. It's a ticked box on his list of characteristics a real human should have but the less he has to think about or actively work on those characteristics, the more time he has for "productivity" in the "business".

He would probably outsource wiping his arse to someone if it meant he could answer 3% more emails per day.

Ok wasn't aware of precise figures. Even if it's 250k, he's probably paid back at least double by now with the inflow of money from suckers. Plenty of things the country wastes money on, this would just be a small droplet in a large pond. Personally not a fan of glorifying the NHS like it's some sacred institution. It's whatever really. Probably for the best that this clown didn't continue pursuing medicine, the fewer tit doctors there are, the better. However, let's not pretend that if he hadn't gone to med school, someone with passion would have taken his place. It might've happened or it might not. This isn't a fact, it's just wishful thinking. I get the feeling the discussion is trailing off towards "if... then..." hypotheticals too much.
Yeah no way should doctors be glorified. A lot of them are great people, hard workers and a positive net on society. A fair amount of them are also arrogant and only in it for prestige, and can be pretty bad at their job.

The super high grades required for medical school as well as the entrance tests are mainly due to the super high competition. A lot of students doing biochem, chemistry and biology degrees would definitely be able to complete a medicine course. However they are pushed out by the ultra-clever like Ali who do it for prestige, family expectations etc.

Wager you get a fair amount of doctors trained now who aren't in it for the passion of the subject, and get a lot of people who could be doctors going down different career paths because the former type of people take up spaces from the later due to the absurd high requirements.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Off topic of Ali but KharmaMedic did a Notability sponsored video with no "ad" in the thumbnail right on the day that Notability started forcing users to pay a subscription fee even when they had paid for the app before in full. They got absolutely destroyed by users in the App Store for it. Big L for my personal opinion of him after this.

Off topic of Ali but KharmaMedic did a Notability sponsored video with no "ad" in the thumbnail right on the day that Notability started forcing users to pay a subscription fee even when they had paid for the app before in full. They got absolutely destroyed by users in the App Store for it. Big L for my personal opinion of him after this.
Dunno who you've seen use #AD in a thumbnail but that basically guarantees you won't get any views. The FTC requires youtubers to disclose in the description, in the actual video and via the "Includes sponsored product" option in the upload dashboard.

I thought exactly the same. I use Notability a lot, and the change of their app was significant. Nasir made a terrible mistake going into that cooperation. Anyway he is Team Ali “Almighty Productivity Guru” Abdaal.
So his business practices may be from Abdaal’s business and guru school

Reactions: 3
Dunno who you've seen use #AD in a thumbnail but that basically guarantees you won't get any views. The FTC requires youtubers to disclose in the description, in the actual video and via the "Includes sponsored product" option in the upload dashboard.
He's in the UK so has to adhere to ASA regulations rather than FTC:

Basically the viewer needs to be able to tell it's an ad before they click on the video to watch (ie. AD needs to be in the title/thumbnail). So many influencers don't do this :rolleyes:

You can report UK influencers here: https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 1