Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes, i know he wanted to take some rest from medicine and he said he'd like to work in the US (i believe he's studying for the USMLE exam but he must be studying just a very few hours a day, i don't think that's his top priority right now) and i may be wrong, but i don't see it because he has a real interest in working abroad/learn new things/be a better doctor, but making more money, as doctors are better paid in the US...does that make sense or am i looking too much into it?
I agree with you very much. Imho initially he wanted to go to USA primarily for the better compensation, but in the meantime his youtube and other streams of income exploded so the usa 80+ hour work week enthusiasm has evaporated a bit lol.

Which is fair enough, but again shows that money is #1 priority, before opportunities for better medical education or medicine at all (something to keep in mind when he tries to sell something to you). Wouldn't be surprised if he openly nixed going to usa very soon. Watch him try to justify it with the usmle system changes that are going on

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I am european and I live in the US, to be honest now is not a great time to get any sort of visas approved, so I understand why he would postpone

Reactions: 1
I am european and I live in the US, to be honest now is not a great time to get any sort of visas approved, so I understand why he would postpone

Agree 100%

However he has yet to pass dozens of hoops in regards to matching a US residency before even applying for a visa... USMLE tests (in uk), waiting for the application and interviews cycle, match day... he'd be applying for a visa in more than a year or even two from now

Reactions: 2
EE3FC367-51CB-44FB-830E-821DD4D17411.png

4A52A19F-F68B-4EC2-BD00-530A303AF980.png

3412691D-CAED-4C56-A91E-46102D3C67E1.png
This is not necessarily what I’d have expected? 😂 Idk, it seems a bit out of left field. Though I will admit I would probably find it useful, the idea of ‘productive’ cooking somehow doesn’t jive with me. Doesn’t he mean being efficient? Productive is a huge buzzword atm and doesn’t match with everything. Do you think he’s trying to cater to his student followers?

Reactions: 5
View attachment 340322
View attachment 340323
View attachment 340324This is not necessarily what I’d have expected? 😂 Idk, it seems a bit out of left field. Though I will admit I would probably find it useful, the idea of ‘productive’ cooking somehow doesn’t jive with me. Doesn’t he mean being efficient? Productive is a huge buzzword atm and doesn’t match with everything. Do you think he’s trying to cater to his student followers?
I don’t religiously watch his videos, but didn’t he do a “what I spend in a week” video where he openly admitted to ordering takeaway/convenience food/food at the hospital because he doesn’t enjoy cooking?
Feels like a bit of a cash grab IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t religiously watch his videos, but didn’t he do a “what I spend in a week” video where he openly admitted to ordering takeaway/convenience food/food at the hospital because he doesn’t enjoy cooking?
Feels like a bit of a cash grab IMO
Yooo I had forgotten about that video! No wonder I was confused by this notification. 😂

Reactions: 3
I respect his transparency in the latest video but cannot believe he made £350k from Skillshare! That’s insane to me! How much does it cost to watch the courses on there? Tbh I think he has tapped into a market appealing to people who want the same success and financial freedom as him, hence why a lot of his money is made from courses. People hanging on his every word to find a glimmer of the success that he has had.
220k he earnt from the Part time YouTuber academy - again, tapping in to people who want a piece of the pie.
He’s clearly very business minded with good branding/marketing, and knowledge around SEO etc but I’m not sure that there is a formula that you can teach people on how to be successful youtubers. So much of it is right place, right time,
connections, the luck of a viral video etc. I really do wonder what he teaches on the courses/the academy.

• Wow
  • Heart
I respect his transparency in the latest video but cannot believe he made £350k from Skillshare! That’s insane to me! How much does it cost to watch the courses on there? Tbh I think he has tapped into a market appealing to people who want the same success and financial freedom as him, hence why a lot of his money is made from courses. People hanging on his every word to find a glimmer of the success that he has had.
220k he earnt from the Part time YouTuber academy - again, tapping in to people who want a piece of the pie.
He’s clearly very business minded with good branding/marketing, and knowledge around SEO etc but I’m not sure that there is a formula that you can teach people on how to be successful youtubers. So much of it is right place, right time,
connections, the luck of a viral video etc. I really do wonder what he teaches on the courses/the academy.
Thats insane!! I remember listening to steven bartlett podcast and he said if the people selling you courses about being rich or how to do certains were rich, they wouldnt be selling you courses

Selling courses seems to be the new in thing to do

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m so glad I’ve found a thread for this idiot, I’ve reported him to the ASA for his lack of disclosure, with the amount he made off skill share no wonder why he doesn’t give a duck!!

• Haha
Thats insane!! I remember listening to steven bartlett podcast and he said if the people selling you courses about being rich or how to do certains were rich, they wouldnt be selling you courses

Selling courses seems to be the new in thing to do
So true! I’m not sure how he’s going to go back to training as a doctor in the NHS, income is around 40-50k when training.

Here to say that I honestly find it hilarious he wants to be a Gymshark athlete sorry not sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So true! I’m not sure how he’s going to go back to training as a doctor in the NHS, income is around 40-50k when training.
Thats why he was looking into doctoring in the USA because of the pay lol

I would hate to be a doctor in a place that deniers healthcare to the poor so its not accessible for all

He must have known medicine in the UK doesnt bring in much money until consultancy or if you decide to go into private care

He is jsut following the money

• Heart
I was looking into skillshare myself but read some awful reviews about them stealing money

Makes me wonder if any influencers actually research what they promote

• Wow
I was looking into skillshare myself but read some awful reviews about them stealing money

Makes me wonder if any influencers actually research what they promote
Eugh those reviews are bad! One saying that the content is no better than what you can get on YouTube, which tbh was my suspicion. What more does this guy have to say than what he hasn’t already got on YouTube?
Also - how scammy is it in general, all of these courses? It doesn’t sit right with me that he does this alongside his doctor title. I wouldn’t wanna be a patient in an NHS hospital and have this guy come in, he’d probably try and sell you stuff 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm not sure he's that interested/passionate in medicine when it's ever more transparent he's in YouTube/SkillShare/influencer territory for the cash. He's never (at least to my knowledge) really hidden this fact with his videos on his money and spending habits, but even a year ago he seemed a lot more down to earth. Then all the sponsorships and ads started in earnest, plus the SkillShare courses no one really needs, and he we are.

Reactions: 6
I’m so glad I’ve found a thread for this idiot, I’ve reported him to the ASA for his lack of disclosure, with the amount he made off skill share no wonder why he doesn’t give a duck!!
Probs just me being thick and I also have t watched him much lately but what lack of disclosure? Generally or a specific video?

Reactions: 1
Probs just me being thick and I also have t watched him much lately but what lack of disclosure? Generally or a specific video?
On the large majority of sponsored videos (mostly) he doesn’t disclose in the correct format, not marked in the thumbnail or title, not clearly shown in the description box and only states it at the end

On the large majority of sponsored videos (mostly) he doesn’t disclose in the correct format, not marked in the thumbnail or title, not clearly shown in the description box and only states it at the end
Interesting. I’d have thought he would know better, but seems like he’s trying to disclose while ultimately misleading the viewer. Probably doesn’t want AD on every video thumbnail 😂

Reactions: 2
Ahhh I was hoping there was a thread on this guy.

I enjoyed his study tips videos as I sucked at school and started uni later in life with my head screwed on... then I saw his "what I spend" video and cringed at his dating apps. I dunno, you do you and I appreciate he may want to find a partner... but Tinder Gold? 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ahhh I was hoping there was a thread on this guy.

I enjoyed his study tips videos as I sucked at school and started uni later in life with my head screwed on... then I saw his "what I spend" video and cringed at his dating apps. I dunno, you do you and I appreciate he may want to find a partner... but Tinder Gold? 🤦‍♀️
whaaat I thought he had a gf?? Was this video recent