Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He has an obssession about money.
In just 3/4 months he posted +7 videos were he talks about money, earning, cryptocurrencies, income streams etc.

Apparently he is not only a medicine graduate, but he has postgraduate diploma in finance and accounting.

What a boy, oh dear god.

Reactions: 6
Bit of a rant here but I hate when people in the developed countries underpay the ones in the developing countries. I get that labour is cheap there and okay, maybe in England or the USA, you gotta pay $50 to a person doing a job, whereas in developing countries, it's much cheaper but he mentions $7 for the entire work? Fine, don't give 50, but how about $40 for that? They are putting in the same effort too! I hate how these rich people from a privileged background say their time is not worth doing a particular work but willing to underpay someone who's financially struggling in a poorer country.

Definition of a punchable face
this was what my first-ever post was about. i lost bit of a respect for him after this. I am all for productivity but this is too much lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Bit of a rant here but I hate when people in the developed countries underpay the ones in the developing countries. I get that labour is cheap there and okay, maybe in England or the USA, you gotta pay $50 to a person doing a job, whereas in developing countries, it's much cheaper but he mentions $7 for the entire work? Fine, don't give 50, but how about $40 for that? They are putting in the same effort too! I hate how these rich people from a privileged background say their time is not worth doing a particular work but willing to underpay someone who's financially struggling in a poorer country.

this was what my first-ever post was about. i lost bit of a respect for him after this. I am all for productivity but this is too much lol
I don't watch him anymore - what work did he outsource that he paid so little? Even a measly Ā£20 here would go far in the countries these privileged assholes export their work too. Paying Ā£7 is disgusting and not something I would EVER brag about. He should be ashamed of himself.

Esp considering he thinks doctors are paid so little for their work in their NHS (which I agree with) but shouldn't he sympathise with those in other countries who are doing these jobs at a much lower price, selling themselves short just so people like HIM, don't go to someone who can offer a "better price".

Where he did say that?

Edit: ok in the last video.
This is insane.

Ali, We know you follow this thread - cheers from Poland, why don't you outsource your fascinating stuff to myself. Please pay me 1 GBP (5.20 PLN) (that includes VAT and tax duties cause you are outside EU) I am screaming to experience your persona! I begging you, this will be a privilege to work with such an amazing guru. Oh my god. You will be able to save my life for just one pound!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I only just watched his passive income videos and... oh great, another business dude telling other business dudes to start a podcast because we def don't have too many of those as it is šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 8

Okay, my bad - people in the comment saying that he talked about paying $7/hour (I cannot verify because I do not feel like watching the video again). However, I still do not think that it is a fair price - even to someone in developing countries. I have done freelancing for 2 years and trust me, the amount of work is too much at times, especially when people think they can ask you to redo something over and over again with the same settled price. And yes, they do that. almost 95% of them think it's justified.

Someone asked what kind of work he outsourced. I have no idea but he mentioned UpWork so my guess is content writing and stuff.

This person in the comment section worded it pretty well. Ali didn't like the comment (I am mentioning this because he has a knack for liking even the most meaningless comments. but he liked newer comments too, so I am guessing that he saw and didn't bother to acknowledge it.)

I would also like to point out that I was shocked he suggested that because he is of South Asian descent himself.
Also from what I know about him, someone like Ali can offer to pay more than just $7/hr even when he did not have 1M+ followers on YouTube. But we all know how business-minded he is, which is good when you balance it properly. But, I cannot expect that from someone who believes in applying a business-like mindset while trying to find a wife.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
His latest video really pissed me off. Mostly because of what you guys have already mentioned about outsourcing to developing countries and paying people $7/hr when he values his own time at $25/hr. But also the way he talks about how we are all in control of our own time and schedule? That is a very privileged way to look at it, most people do not have the luxury of doing "what they most want to be doing at any given moment". He is profiting off of peoples' cheap labour while at the same time preaching about how we all (the people he exploits included i guess!!) have a choice in what we do. Really off-putting.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
His lack of empathy is showing. Again. And the first time it was literally from the horses mouth, no? He admitted it was something he struggled with IIRC.

Reactions: 7
Okay, my bad - people in the comment saying that he talked about paying $7/hour (I cannot verify because I do not feel like watching the video again). However, I still do not think that it is a fair price - even to someone in developing countries. I have done freelancing for 2 years and trust me, the amount of work is too much at times, especially when people think they can ask you to redo something over and over again with the same settled price. And yes, they do that. almost 95% of them think it's justified.

Someone asked what kind of work he outsourced. I have no idea but he mentioned UpWork so my guess is content writing and stuff.

This person in the comment section worded it pretty well. Ali didn't like the comment (I am mentioning this because he has a knack for liking even the most meaningless comments. but he liked newer comments too, so I am guessing that he saw and didn't bother to acknowledge it.)

I would also like to point out that I was shocked he suggested that because he is of South Asian descent himself.
Also from what I know about him, someone like Ali can offer to pay more than just $7/hr even when he did not have 1M+ followers on YouTube. But we all know how business-minded he is, which is good when you balance it properly. But, I cannot expect that from someone who believes in applying a business-like mindset while trying to find a wife.
Thatā€™s a really lovely and introspective comment that the poster left on his video, but I fear itā€™ll get thrashed and tagged as a ā€œhater commentā€ against Ali

Reactions: 3
This came up in my reccomended today and I still cannot believe it's real, and he now talks about toxic productivity šŸ˜¶ prime example

F*cking pathetic. Part of the art of cinema is voice acting, building tension slowly, being immersed in the moment. Distilling art down to "how can I streamline this experience so I take less time doing it" is an utter insult to creators in artistic medium.

Not really surprised he is still looking for a girlfriend after all this time with his current mindset on relationships and friendships and productivity.

Friendships are not something you can optimise, relationships even more so.

He brags that his Hinge profile says that his perfect relationship is one where he only spends 10% of his time with his partner. That's not going to go well down with most girls in the UK. There's nothing wrong with being your own person and enjoying your own company but going into a new relationship wanting to only spend 10% of your time together is not going to be particularly fun. Take out work (8 hours) and sleeping (8 hours) from your 24 hour day, you are left with 8 hours for yourself. 10% of that is 48 minutes. Ali wants to spend 48 minutes with you every day. Who's going to sign up for that?

On paper this man should be a catch. He's wildly wealthy for his age. He's tall, he has a great education and desirable job. But he can't get a girlfriend. I think it says a lot about his problematic attitudes to productivity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
And would he be able to be spontaneous and romantic? Like I could definitely see him planning and scheduling in sex lmao, which would have to be done productively, of course. Maybe listen to an informative podcast on 2x speed while doing it? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
And would he be able to be spontaneous and romantic? Like I could definitely see him planning and scheduling in sex lmao, which would have to be done productively, of course. Maybe listen to an informative podcast on 2x speed while doing it? :ROFLMAO:
Oh god, productive sex. Can you imagine. šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 3
He brags that his Hinge profile says that his perfect relationship is one where he only spends 10% of his time with his partner. That's not going to go well down with most girls in the UK.
Do you remember where he said it?
I don't think it is only a matter of UK girls / boys. If you are serious about relationship, you have to be able to invest time to develop it.
I am gay, I am 30, my life partner is 45. We spend most of the time together now and back then when we met. He is, and will be on the first place.

Ali does not understand how relationships work.

I've recently seen a video with him and Sheen on her channel where they talk about the French law to ban hijab for girls under 18 y.o in France. No matter if you agree with French attitude towards muslim girls or not, Ali seemed not interested at all. Maybe he is afraid to have clear and strong opinion on a such sensitive topic, but if he wants to get a girl he should be able to make a clear statement about this part of life.

And sorry that I am coming back to his outsourcing to Asia. He is a person of color, he should be more aware that his words may be considered as racial-offensive. At the end of the day he as a privileged, colored person from first-world country outsourced a job to developing country only because he wanted to save some cash.

Do you remember where he said it?
I don't think it is only a matter of UK girls / boys. If you are serious about relationship, you have to be able to invest time to develop it.
I am gay, I am 30, my life partner is 45. We spend most of the time together now and back then when we met. He is, and will be on the first place.

Ali does not understand how relationships work.

I've recently seen a video with him and Sheen on her channel where they talk about the French law to ban hijab for girls under 18 y.o in France. No matter if you agree with French attitude towards muslim girls or not, Ali seemed not interested at all. Maybe he is afraid to have clear and strong opinion on a such sensitive topic, but if he wants to get a girl he should be able to make a clear statement about this part of life.

And sorry that I am coming back to his outsourcing to Asia. He is a person of color, he should be more aware that his words may be considered as racial-offensive. At the end of the day he as a privileged, colored person from first-world country outsourced a job to developing country only because he wanted to save some cash.
Uhh it was in either one of his short videos rambling about things, or one of the podcast episodes. Perhaps this one:

Taimur continues to be the brother who actually has emotional intelligence and lives in the real world.

I think learning to be alone in your 20s is a really important skill to have but also you can't go too far the other way and want to be alone all the time especially when you want a relationship. Being in a relationship happens because you want to spend time with one another. And even when people say they barely want to spend any time with each other on dating apps, that is 100% not going to be actually true. Except for Ali, he probably does actually think he's going to get a girlfriend who does not want to spend any time together, and that's probably why despite all of the premium app subscriptions he is not getting anywhere.

I recently unfollowed him on Twitter after having had followed him for a while. All the money focused content is just getting me down. Felt like he posted something really annoying that didn't align with my left wing views. Either way is Twitter is so bleeping garbage. No personal insight into the person just chopped up bits of his videos. Extremely boring.

Reactions: 6
Just seen his ā€œwhatā€™s in my bagā€ video - who the hell carries that many expensive things around with them every day?! Heā€™s a muggerā€™s wet dream.

• Haha
Just seen his ā€œwhatā€™s in my bagā€ video - who the hell carries that many expensive things around with them every day?! Heā€™s a muggerā€™s wet dream.
Would require him to actually leave his house? Which I doubt he does?

• Haha
Reactions: 4