Alex Turner - Arctic Monkeys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh I feel vindicated in not buying tour tickets, I hate the way he sings now, it's so arch and distanced and I get why but I just find it sucks the joy out of all of the older songs.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ugh I feel vindicated in not buying tour tickets, I hate the way he sings now, it's so arch and distanced and I get why but I just find it sucks the joy out of all of the older songs.
my exact feelings! his singing style now is so affected and carefully acted out that it’s lost all its charm. i get its the lounge singer vibe that he obviously loves but it absolutely puts a distance between himself and the audience. i’m not into it.

Reactions: 9
I agree, I’m finding some parts uncomfortable especially 505 😬.

But Body paint was perfect 👌.

Reactions: 5
my exact feelings! his singing style now is so affected and carefully acted out that it’s lost all its charm. i get its the lounge singer vibe that he obviously loves but it absolutely puts a distance between himself and the audience. i’m not into it.
I always think to myself, one day after they had brought out AM, I imagine Alex just walking in to the studio and being like, right lads we are all wearing leather jackets now, girating like Elvis and writing weird jazz songs…

Surely they didn’t all go, ok mate let’s do it!?:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m sure it’s not it really but sometimes the archness does come over like he’s taking the piss out of the audience.

I mean not a 1 of em looked like they enjoyed that.

Reactions: 6
I’m sure it’s not it really but sometimes the archness does come over like he’s taking the piss out of the audience.

I mean not a 1 of em looked like they enjoyed that.
sadly, yes. i wish he’d just be himself and not “tonight, signing live, alex turner is elvis!” even his interactions with the crowd now feel so deeply “in character” that it’s odd.

it was interesting to watch the little montage the bbc did and to see how genuinely loving the moment they were the last two times they headlined.

I actually don’t mind the lounge singer style on the newer stuff but the older songs just sound weird in that style. And when he talks in that affected accent I wanna scream “You’re from bloody Sheffield man” 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Reading these comments is telling me I absolutely shouldn’t watch the replay on iplayer tomorrow 🥴 I just really hate that they’ve become the thing they used to take the piss out of in earlier songs. You’re not from San Francisco indeed 😞

Reactions: 10
Manchester was way better although I only watched half the gig as I was catering on it and was exhausted

Reactions: 2
I actually don’t mind the lounge singer style on the newer stuff but the older songs just sound weird in that style. And when he talks in that affected accent I wanna scream “You’re from bloody Sheffield man” 🤣
Absolutely. Change your style if you like but if you're going to do the older stuff do it properly for us old schoolers.

Last two songs showing he CAN do that so just bloody do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He’s a parody of himself which is hilarious and I think he knows he’s just taking the piss!

I missed the very start of the Glasto set but watched till the end. Did they start with when the sun goes down? Cos they didn’t do it at the end!
Gutted if they didn’t do it, it’s one of my faves as takes me straight back to the uni days!

I would say watch it, it was really good and fully enjoyable but also a but curious I suppose.

I missed the very start of the Glasto set but watched till the end. Did they start with when the sun goes down? Cos they didn’t do it at the end!
Gutted if they didn’t do it, it’s one of my faves as takes me straight back to the uni days!
They opened with Sculptures Of Anything Goes.

Reactions: 1
I was just popping in here to say I really enjoyed it! I’m not a fan in particular but enjoy their music. I didn’t notice their older songs sounding like they were being sung differently but I probably wouldn’t.

They're musically incredible as always but not one member of that band looked like they wanted to be there. Put some fecking enthusiasm into it lads. You're headlining Glasto.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Idk if it’s the laryngitis but his voice sounds so strained when he sings in that crooner style. It’s like it could snap any second. It doesn’t work with the old songs either

Technically speaking, the band were excellent. But all around it just felt it was missing a bit of soul.

Reactions: 8