Alex Turner - Arctic Monkeys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it’s fine to be proud of your boyfriend and good to be nice to his kid with his ex but this comes off like fan behaviour. Shes celebrating her friendship with Louise but has to name drop Alex and Matt and all their friends. Cringe

If it doesn’t work out she’s gonna feel so stupid.

If this is what Matt wants in a girlfriend, Breana dodged a bullet. Just because he’s a super successful musician doesn’t mean she needs to bumlick him. duck that shite

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can’t lie I’m so confused by this tweet...
My first thought was that he has proposed and she's referring to an engagement ring. That's what she wants people to think anyway...

Or maybe she got a tattoo of his face on her hand which would not surprise me since she seems so completely OTT. Haha!

Reactions: 6
I like them, and really like the new stuff. I don’t know too much about them as people; I prefer it that way!
(I think Alex seems to be uncomfortable in his own skin sometimes, and from what I read on here, Matt is a knob, but that’s as much as I know!)
Like I say, I like the new stuff - but I guarantee that in a few years time they’ll be doing a “returning to our musical roots” type album and tour! Happens to the best of them 😂
We've probably got another 3 albums of Alex trying to perfect singing in falsetto first though unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I found this Matt posted about his gf Amanda. Idk why but I find it so ick worthy and childish
A8B34433-ADC6-41C6-971F-13B55D3E8D50.jpeg

“Matt cleans up real nice” does he though? He looks well grubby lol

AFAF5A4D-E3BE-4757-BBF3-F06D9D8B06BD.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh my god I love The Car it's such a great album its bonkers in places but Body Paint is bleeping amazing. It's my fave new album of the year

• Heart
Reactions: 3
In an AM mood since I saw them on NYE and although I never was particularly fond of Taylor, I believe she genuinely loved Alex for Alex and not so much his fame.

Louise is the ultimate ick. The Alexa Chung Pinterest board, the secret Alex Turner playlist she had on Spotify, using the #marrymealexturner tag on Instagram years before they met, she’s the ultimate stalker and a desperado. And he’s a moron for falling for it. It’s funny she sees herself as some kind of muse, yet in 4 years she’s managed to do nothing with her newfound connections. Her music career has gone nowhere, she’s not modelling, she just does nothing all day. At least his ex girlfriends had jobs. She can barely speak English and I just wonder wtf they talk about.

Matt is a creep and his girlfriend is a POS. I feel for Breana. I don’t listen to her podcast but I’m sure these two cause her endless amounts of bullshit in their private life.

No, sacked off their tours after the way Alex acted at the last one. It was a rescheduled gig after the previous one was cancelled whilst people were waiting at the venue (pictured emerged of him coked out of his face at the NME after party!). The rearranged gig was half full and he spent most of the time moaning about it and putting zero effort into the songs. Ruined it for me really, was the 6th AM gig I’d been to and the last!
Ugh I just saw them live and although he sang well, something was off. He just sort of sauntered around the stage in his own world. It felt like he couldn’t be arsed and he didn’t really interact with the crowd at all which was a shame since their set literally started at 11pm on NYE and they paused for the midnight fireworks. Idk, he could’ve said Happy New Year at least. It was really odd and once it ended they just walked off the stage abruptly. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It makes me so uncomfortable seeing the way Amanda shows off Amelia on Instagram… Amanda posts her way more often than either of her actual parents, it’s so weird and comes off as almost territorial? I hope breana is cool with it, I definitely wouldn’t be if I was in that position though.

Ugh I just saw them live and although he sang well, something was off. He just sort of sauntered around the stage in his own world. It felt like he couldn’t be arsed and he didn’t really interact with the crowd at all which was a shame since their set literally started at 11pm on NYE and they paused for the midnight fireworks. Idk, he could’ve said Happy New Year at least. It was really odd and once it ended they just walked off the stage abruptly. 🙄
I’ve seen them multiple times going back to ~2006 and every single time they (especially Alex) gave off the vibe that they didn’t want to be there. They always sounded good but zero stage presence imo (last shadow puppets shows were way better in my experience). Disappointed but not surprised that that doesn’t seem to have changed!

Reactions: 8
It makes me so uncomfortable seeing the way Amanda shows off Amelia on Instagram… Amanda posts her way more often than either of her actual parents, it’s so weird and comes off as almost territorial? I hope breana is cool with it, I definitely wouldn’t be if I was in that position though.

I’ve seen them multiple times going back to ~2006 and every single time they (especially Alex) gave off the vibe that they didn’t want to be there. They always sounded good but zero stage presence imo (last shadow puppets shows were way better in my experience). Disappointed but not surprised that that doesn’t seem to have changed!
One of the few live acts I'll recommend to anyone to go and see if they get the chance, even if they don't know the songs, is Miles Kane because he always just has such a great energy about him whenever I've seen him live on his own tours. But he definitely brings out a different, more comfortable/playful side to Alex during TLSP. If nothing else, it's probably just less pressure on Alex having someone else share the spotlight and take the attention off him.

I always think about Alex mentioning years ago that he used to get nightmares before big gigs like Glastonbury about people just either not turning up or them all leaving mid-song because he couldn't play right. He very much comes across as somebody that'd rather be behind the camera than in front of it, but accidentally fell arse first into centre stage anyway 😂

Reactions: 6
I’ve heard that Louise didn’t spend NYE with the rest of the band and their girlfriends/friendship group? Ie they all went to Australia and she stayed home in France or London or wherever it is that she lives.

Why would AM bother to fly all the way out to Australia to do a NYE show they didn’t want to do? Maybe they just wanted to a paid trip to Australia (?)

I’ve always gotten the impression Alex is a bit socially anxious and awkward and felt maybe that’s why he comes off poorly, but then at other times he comes off as a twit no question. He clearly fancies himself a big thinker so it doesn’t reflect well he’d shack up with a fan who doesn’t speak much English for example. It makes it look like he doesn’t want someone who’ll contradict him etc.

can’t remember whether this has already been posted but it’s a photo of breana shortly after she and Matt broke up. There’s a higher def pic out there somewhere but it says “I do nut have time for cheaters”. The photos stuck to the donut are of matt

84E86125-74E6-4084-B55C-66429BCE7FB8.jpeg

Reactions: 9
Breana said on a recent podcast that she was a single parent for 3 or 3.5 years following her divorce from Matt and her parents dying…sounds like he wasn’t around at all to parent his kid until around the time Amanda came into the picture. Really disgusting, I’ve been an AM fan since their demos were circulating on MySpace (not to age myself lol) but I have to say, learning tit like like this leaves a really bad taste in my mouth and ruins their appeal for me a little bit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Breana said on a recent podcast that she was a single parent for 3 or 3.5 years following her divorce from Matt and her parents dying…sounds like he wasn’t around at all to parent his kid until around the time Amanda came into the picture. Really disgusting, I’ve been an AM fan since their demos were circulating on MySpace (not to age myself lol) but I have to say, learning tit like like this leaves a really bad taste in my mouth and ruins their appeal for me a little bit.
I listened too, she also said he didn’t go to her Dads funeral and they were still together?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Mindbend podcast, hope it’s ok to post the link:

Wow I missed the part about Matt skipping the funeral, I’ll have to go back and listen.

Reactions: 2