Alex Turner - Arctic Monkeys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a pair of dickheads!

Didn't he leave his ex right after her mother (or both her parents?) had died? Don't know much about him or his personal life, but that was such a dick move, it tells me all I need to know. I'd guess he was cheating on her too.
Yep breanas father died then a few months after her mother also died and she said on a podcast that he left the day after her mother’s funeral (like how selfish can you be)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
What a pair of dickheads!

Didn't he leave his ex right after her mother (or both her parents?) had died? Don't know much about him or his personal life, but that was such a dick move, it tells me all I need to know. I'd guess he was cheating on her too.
It was the day after her mothers funeral (ex wife said on a podcast), I'm sure her dad died not long before it either. I heard back then rumours they split up because he was cheating and this kinda confirms it to me. Must be hard for his ex wife seeing him with the girl she probably got told not to worry about

Reactions: 5
Ah that post is so 🥴. Matts still a nice lad obviously he’s made some terrible moves in regards to his marriage and the little girl involved. I really don’t see it with this woman though she must have got a good personality….

Reactions: 1
I swear Matt wasn’t half as arsed about seeing Amelia until he got with his new piece!!! Now she’s everywhere on his Instagram story. Well done to Breana for holding her head up high

Reactions: 9
I swear Matt wasn’t half as arsed about seeing Amelia until he got with his new piece!!! Now she’s everywhere on his Instagram story. Well done to Breana for holding her head up high
YES! I didn't think he saw her that much anymore because he rarely posted anything of her the way he used to even after the split

Reactions: 3
Yes exactly I actually remember breana saying on a podcast that Amelia asked if he was dead because she’d been surrounded by so much death that she thought him leaving meant him too. Breana is such a queen

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Yes exactly I actually remember breana saying on a podcast that Amelia asked if he was dead because she’d been surrounded by so much death that she thought him leaving meant him too. Breana is such a queen
I remember hearing this podcast too and it broke my heart! I think Breana posted a lot on Insta after the split saying how he never visited Amelia anymore etc. Now he’s all over her like a rash. She must be raging at him and Amanda playing happy families with her now!

Reactions: 4
His new girlfriend sounds like such a pickme lol. Their behaviour is so insensitive like come on man don’t be a head. putting it in this moist paragraph about how gRaTeFuL she is as well makes it seem even worse. Like IG it’s a thrill to have a relationship be realised after 15 years but there are some things you just don’t say publicly like that on social media

I know I sound judgemental but the way they carry on is a bit mad

Also unfortunately it’s classic scrub daddy behaviour to be really uninvolved in your wife/daughter’s life and then become reinvigorated in a new relationship and suddenly want to give the appearance of being a better dad lol

Reactions: 7
Did anyone else see the tweets from Matt's girlfriend that he retweeted? I can understand feeling frustrated for a loved one but the whole 'wahhh, we weren't nominated' seems totally against the usual Monkeys agenda, where I'm reminded of Alex's quote after winning multiple BRITs that "As wonderful as it is to be acknowledged for something you've created, I don't necessarily think that the talent, or how good a group of musicians is, is directly proportional to the size of their trophy cabinet."

(Bottom tweet is the first one but wanted to show he's retweeted the full tirade.)
Screenshot_20221211_112425.jpg

Just leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Did anyone else see the tweets from Matt's girlfriend that he retweeted? I can understand feeling frustrated for a loved one but the whole 'wahhh, we weren't nominated' seems totally against the usual Monkeys agenda, where I'm reminded of Alex's quote after winning multiple BRITs that "As wonderful as it is to be acknowledged for something you've created, I don't necessarily think that the talent, or how good a group of musicians is, is directly proportional to the size of their trophy cabinet."

(Bottom tweet is the first one but wanted to show he's retweeted the full tirade.)
View attachment 1798940

omg the “i’m a musician and i know how these things work” 🤦🏼‍♀️

it’s a bad look to retweet it from him (unless he just wanted to acknowledge she’d done it) but also her argument makes no sense. rolling stone are entitled to pick what they truly believe are the best albums of the year, not basing that on big names or streaming hits (and if she’s a musician and knows how these things work then she would know that am still counts for a huge amount of their streaming numbers, not the last two albums). snl are also entitled to pick what bands and artists they want 🤷🏼‍♀️

given that they’re a band who have never craved that type of mainstream recognition (like you say) this seems completely at odds with what their actual ethos is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
if you told me this was a teenage fangirl i'd believe you, i find it so embarrassing he's retweeted that

why are they acting like it's some conspiracy theory?! i'm sure they could easily book snl if they wanted

Reactions: 18

View attachment 1798940

This is just embarrassing really. Wonder what the rest of the band think of it?

She didn't even get the name of the band right. 'The Arctic Monkey.' 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
God she’s so bleeping embarrassing and Matt retweeting it is even more so. Breanna is well rid.

Reactions: 16
omg the “i’m a musician and i know how these things work” 🤦🏼‍♀️

it’s a bad look to retweet it from him (unless he just wanted to acknowledge she’d done it) but also her argument makes no sense. rolling stone are entitled to pick what they truly believe are the best albums of the year, not basing that on big names or streaming hits (and if she’s a musician and knows how these things work then she would know that am still counts for a huge amount of their streaming numbers, not the last two albums). snl are also entitled to pick what bands and artists they want 🤷🏼‍♀️

given that they’re a band who have never craved that type of mainstream recognition (like you say) this seems completely at odds with what their actual ethos is.
Exactly. Saying this won't change what's already been published and if anything, there's every chance it'll make journalists less inclined to list them next time, because it might be seen as compromising their own integrity if they'll praise someone just because they kicked up a big fuss last time.

If he wanted to show support, he could have just liked it so it'd still pop up on some timelines but relatively hidden. But retweeting it broadcasts it to everyone, so they'll no doubt be setting the most rabid of fans on the official accounts that she's tagged(!) (not to mention flooding their mentions in general because people rarely untag when they reply). If she just wanted to publically praise the band for their hard work, there are much nicer ways of doing it than throwing toys out the pram 🙈 Just comes across as so egotistical that I haven't stopped cringing about it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A lot of the latest album was about Alex and the rest of them doing it for creative expression and according to their own tastes, that they shouldn’t feel pressured to stay the same for the sake of other people’s approval. So why are we seeing this salty behaviour around a lack of recognition from Matt and his girlfriend?

The girlfriend complained AM haven’t been featured by SNL for more than a decade, but really, that’s around the last time they released a critically acclaimed, hugely culturally influential album.

I get being sad that what you do isn’t resonating as much with people anymore and there is something to be said for people pigeonholing artists, but to suggest AM are being ignored because of some kind of conspiracy is a bit of a reach. A lot of the instrumentation that people liked - the guitar riffs and bass, and the drum rhythms - hasn’t really been in the last couple albums as much. I like the new album but I honestly don’t think it would’ve been noticed were it not for the AM name, and the previous one less so.

Even Alex said in one of the recent songs that he sometimes tries to be too clever and misses the mark so maybe that’s been a factor too.

None of this means there’s no artistic merit to their new stuff, or that they’re bad. This kind of response from Matt and his gf just looks petulant

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A lot of the latest album was about Alex and the rest of them doing it for creative expression and according to their own tastes, that they shouldn’t feel pressured to stay the same for the sake of other people’s approval. So why are we seeing this salty behaviour around a lack of recognition from Matt and his girlfriend?

The girlfriend complained AM haven’t been featured by SNL for more than a decade, but really, that’s around the last time they released a critically acclaimed, hugely culturally influential album.

I get being sad that what you do isn’t resonating as much with people anymore and there is something to be said for people pigeonholing artists, but to suggest AM are being ignored because of some kind of conspiracy is a bit of a reach. A lot of the instrumentation that people liked - the guitar riffs and bass, and the drum rhythms - hasn’t really been in the last couple albums as much. I like the new album but I honestly don’t think it would’ve been noticed were it not for the AM name, and the previous one less so.

Even Alex said in one of the recent songs that he sometimes tries to be too clever and misses the mark so maybe that’s been a factor too.

None of this means there’s no artistic merit to their new stuff, or that they’re bad. This kind of response from Matt and his gf just looks petulant
Bolded for clarity: It's not like they've not been on US TV at all this era. They performed Body Paint on Jimmy Fallon just after it came out so they've hardly been shunned 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Also how deluded can this woman be? Never seen a band with so much love and respect for their fans? Have they ever once used social media to reach out for fans and thank them for spending their hard earned money on albums and tour tickets? Even their awards show speeches are just them trying to act cool and unbothered about winning yet they still turn up to the event? I mean I don’t personally feel deprived of their social media presence but don’t pretend like they have such an amazing relationship with their fans because they don’t😂😂

Reactions: 28
Matt and his new piece have the cringiest relationship on the planet, as someone said above Breanna is well rid

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Also how deluded can this woman be? Never seen a band with so much love and respect for their fans? Have they ever once used social media to reach out for fans and thank them for spending their hard earned money on albums and tour tickets? Even their awards show speeches are just them trying to act cool and unbothered about winning yet they still turn up to the event? I mean I don’t personally feel deprived of their social media presence but don’t pretend like they have such an amazing relationship with their fans because they don’t😂😂
i mean if this is the sort of social media content we're getting from matt i'd rather he stayed offline 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
THIS!!!!

Amanda acting like that at her age. She needs to grow up 😂

Reactions: 10