Alex Turner - Arctic Monkeys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve chosen to listen to Midnights before work and The Car when I get home😭😭gonna be counting down the minutes all day now though

I'll probably get slated here but I'm really disappointed. I like Mr Schwartz & body paint but most of the rest of the album sounds like the same song. Nothing sticks out for me.I think lyrically it's really disappointing & you have one of the best drummers of late & we barely get anything that shows that.

Reactions: 9
I'll probably get slated here but I'm really disappointed. I like Mr Schwartz & body paint but most of the rest of the album sounds like the same song. Nothing sticks out for me.I think lyrically it's really disappointing & you have one of the best drummers of late & we barely get anything that shows that.
That's how I feel as well but tbh I only liked their first two albums, not a fan of their slow depressing songs. Just not my thing so I'm not disappointed as didn't expect anything from this album

Reactions: 6
this is where i’m at too. i love body paint and sculptures… but it is still very much hotel bar lounge music to me. all the songs seem to come alive on the bridge/chorus but alex is in full jazz crooner mood on the verses and i kinda find it dull.

both this and tbhac are a complete waste of matt helders. imagine having such a great drummer and have him just keeping time to slow grooves 🤣

(their ballads are always my favourites too. cornerstone is still the best am song ever imo but i just don’t know about this yet)

THIS! I thought I was the only one hahah.

I have followed them since the early days, and I do love how their music is changing but this album is just not it. It sounds more like an Alex Turner solo album than an arctic monkeys album (even though Hello You does have a certain familiarity) and I'm really missing Matt! I let slip his absence on TBHC because I really liked that album but this one is really underwhelming. I love a slow song too but a full albums worth is boring

Reactions: 5
nah i bloody love this - orchestral rock is my favourite ever genre so its like they've made this for ME

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Not mad on it - no real energy. It's like he wrote it singing in front of the mirror with a hairbrush thinking he's Elvis or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I like it, but their first 5 albums I could listen to anytime - this and TBHAC i have to be in the mood for and I’m not usually. It’s a shame because lyrically they’re brilliant. Also agree it’s a waste of Matt!

body paint and sculptures def my favourites

Reactions: 5
I really like the new album. I was worried it was a little underwhelming at first listen but I think it's more of a grower. I've been having little snippets of different tracks getting stuck in my head over the past few days.

Sculptures Of Anything Goes is very much a stand out (because anything Moog is always good) but I like Hello You and IAQWITIA too ✨

Reactions: 1
I don't think Alex's vocals on the new album are good. The high notes are upsetting. His falsetto technique is poor. I actually like the style of the new album, very much like elton, jamie cullum and bowie, but he can't really sing.

Omg Matt helders girlfriend has done a post on Instagram about how Matt fancied her 15 years ago and “always had a thing for her” which I find in very poor taste considering he had a wife and a child during that time 🤢 she’s even limited comments on the post. I used to think Matt helders was so cool but the way he acts like an idiot teenager online has put me right off him. Kind of glad Alex turner doesn’t have social media so I can still pretend in my head that he’s cool and not an absolute melt

• Angry
Reactions: 22
Omg Matt helders girlfriend has done a post on Instagram about how Matt fancied her 15 years ago and “always had a thing for her” which I find in very poor taste considering he had a wife and a child during that time 🤢 she’s even limited comments on the post. I used to think Matt helders was so cool but the way he acts like an idiot teenager online has put me right off him. Kind of glad Alex turner doesn’t have social media so I can still pretend in my head that he’s cool and not an absolute melt
Yes and matts comment on it 🤮 they act like 13 year olds

Reactions: 2
They’re insufferable! The way she parades Amelia around doesn’t sit right with me either, poor Breana.

God she’s just a twit isn’t she? He’s probably told her loads of stories about his ex-wife that paint him to be the poor victim and Breanna to be an evil witch and she’s lapped it right up.

Yes and matts comment on it 🤮 they act like 13 year olds
What a pair of dickheads!

Didn't he leave his ex right after her mother (or both her parents?) had died? Don't know much about him or his personal life, but that was such a dick move, it tells me all I need to know. I'd guess he was cheating on her too.

Reactions: 7