Alex Steinherr

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to hell anyway, so might as well post this…

she reminds me of the sugar puff monster in the pic above with the striped shirt

IMG_6820.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Isn’t there somewhere she can be reported? How dare she advertise skincare using filters!!? Is that even allowed?? Never mind the idiots fawning over her skin saying it’s flawless. Are they completely thick!??
I wish there was a body she could be reported to. If she wants to look hyper-perfected on social media for an ego boost, fine but to profit off the image she's created digitally by attracting paid endorsements on the basis that her skin appears so remarkably youthful is maddening. So many skincare brands use her IG videos as part of their own IG content to showcase the "amazing results" they claim their products gave her. Women are leaving comments that suggest they are deeply envious and in awe of how utterly flawless they think Alex's skin looks. Must admit, I think exactly what @Deevee47 said, are these people completely thick?! How can anyone not see the blatant use of blurring/smoothing filters? Every time I see those comments left for Alex, "OMG your skin is flawless!" and she just replies with "🥰" instead of 'Thank you but I am using a ring light and filters!' the way I've seen Samantha Chapman do on occasion, it bugs the tit out of me. And yes, I probably do need to get out more and touch some grass. LOL

Alex is lavished with compliments for what I consider to be her avatar NOT the way she actually looks in "real life" and yet she laps up the compliments, tells us she's just genetically blessed and committed to her skincare routine and proceeds to make her IG a constant slew of vanity content. As @Callan said, she looks so damn smug in her videos. It's giving Zoolander's Blue Steel. It's giving "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" but then she shows up to public events looking awkwardly self-conscious, desperately trying to hide behind extremely oversized, baggy clothes. It's such a remarkable contrast.
---
I’m going to hell anyway, so might as well post this…

she reminds me of the sugar puff monster in the pic above with the striped shirt

View attachment 2167138
Oh no you di-n't! Man, I haven't had Sugar Puffs in YEARS! Now I'm hankering for a bowl.

Alex's posture doesn't look great in that pic. It's not a flattering photo because she looks like she's hunching over a bit. Think it's a bad habit us tall gals have. I'm the same height as Alex I think. I'm 5'11" and I tend to hunch until I catch myself doing it and often friends and family will ask me to sit up straight.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Agree 100% and the rest!!

what skincare brands are you aware of that use her content? I would happily message every single one of them to show my disapproval.
Infact like Lorna luxe was called out over over filtering her face over lockdown and then she stopped it on her lives (def stilll used filters on her photos) she should be called to task over it. The companies need to be too. Blatant lies and she’s getting away with it too!!! It makes me so angry… and yes I need to get out more and touch the grass clearly 😂😂😂

I wish there was a body she could be reported to. If she wants to look hyper-perfected on social media for an ego boost, fine but to profit off the image she's created digitally by attracting paid endorsements on the basis that her skin appears so remarkably youthful is maddening. So many skincare brands use her IG videos as part of their own IG content to showcase the "amazing results" they claim their products gave her. Women are leaving comments that suggest they are deeply envious and in awe of how utterly flawless they think Alex's skin looks. Must admit, I think exactly what @Deevee47 said, are these people completely thick?! How can anyone not see the blatant use of blurring/smoothing filters? Every time I see those comments left for Alex, "OMG your skin is flawless!" and she just replies with "🥰" instead of 'Thank you but I am using a ring light and filters!' the way I've seen Samantha Chapman do on occasion, it bugs the tit out of me. And yes, I probably do need to get out more and touch some grass. LOL

Alex is lavished with compliments for what I consider to be her avatar NOT the way she actually looks in "real life" and yet she laps up the compliments, tells us she's just genetically blessed and committed to her skincare routine and proceeds to make her IG a constant slew of vanity content. As @Callan said, she looks so damn smug in her videos. It's giving Zoolander's Blue Steel. It's giving "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" but then she shows up to public events looking awkwardly self-conscious, desperately trying to hide behind extremely oversized, baggy clothes. It's such a remarkable contrast.
---

Oh no you di-n't! Man, I haven't had Sugar Puffs in YEARS! Now I'm hankering for a bowl.

Alex's posture doesn't look great in that pic. It's not a flattering photo because she looks like she's hunching over a bit. Think it's a bad habit us tall gals have. I'm the same height as Alex I think. I'm 5'11" and I tend to hunch until I catch myself doing it and often friends and family will ask me to sit up straight.

• Haha
Agree 100% and the rest!!

what skincare brands are you aware of that use her content? I would happily message every single one of them to show my disapproval.
Infact like Lorna luxe was called out over over filtering her face over lockdown and then she stopped it on her lives (def stilll used filters on her photos) she should be called to task over it. The companies need to be too. Blatant lies and she’s getting away with it too!!! It makes me so angry… and yes I need to get out more and touch the grass clearly 😂😂😂
If you go to her tagged images on Instagram - that bit that shows you the posts she's been tagged in from other IG accounts, you'll see a bunch of skincare companies that repurpose her skincare application videos and boast that she's using their product. A lot of them are brands I've not heard of.

Maybe we both need some serious grass-touching activity but you know what? Alex just brings out an ugly side of me. I don't actually engage too much with beauty influencers in the last 3 years. I used to religiously follow Lisa Eldridge, the Chapman sisters, Estee Lalonde, Sali Hughes and Caroline Hirons and lost interest after 2020 but never had an issue with those creators. I see people criticise them for various reasons and I find them rather harmless and they don't trigger me at all. Generally, I am not someone who is easily irked by others and I think I'm generally quite a tolerant person, and I try to exercise patience and compassion as much as I can but Alex - it surprises me how I've become obsessed with her case of beauty filter abuse - I've never had a reputation as a witch or a bully. But there's something about Alex that just grabbed my attention and made me feel so disapproving. I just find it so astonishing how she denies using beauty filters and when she morphs her face into that weird egg/alien shape and protests "This is how I really look!"- I just can't with her. She intrigues me. I think it's terrible that I think this way but it's just one of my dreams to see her called out in public at a recorded live event where she is put on the spot and I want someone to hold up her images from IG and demonstrate how drastically different she looks from her IG content and for her to be confronted in a way she cannot get out of about how she has lied about using beauty filters. Her use of beauty filters is so ridiculously extreme, I'll never not be flabbergasted every time she denies it so passionately. She is just something else. I find it so unethical of her and isn't she embarrassed to be so blatantly dishonest?? Or does she really believe her IG images are an accurate representation of how she really looks???

I need to quit this thread and let it go. It's weird that I'm this bothered. I have no beef with anyone but Alex. I just think there's something so cringeworthy about her practices. Every time she posts a new video where she's trying to "make love to the camera" and looking soooo smug. She looks at herself like 'That's right. I'm pretty bleeping hot, guys.' and yet in real life she's a matronly frump with an attractive face but she's not a smokin' hot chick in her late 20s/early 30s in real life and yet that's the image she is desperately trying to present on her socials. It's so weird.

I better go and meditate.

IF Alex really had the kind of skin she creates the visual of on IG, the kind of skin NO human being has ... she would film herself without blurring, smoothing filters the way Katie Jane Hughes does. I feel, with Katie Jane Hughes' make-up content, she really lets you see her skin as it is with the natural shadows, expression lines, under-eye shadows etc and she still looks good and has very healthy skin. You can see her skin clearly when you zoom in. With Alex, you can tell it's heavily blurred right away and if you zoom in, holy duck, you realise, every inch of her face has been filtered to smooth the appearance of her 48-year-old complexion. Alex does have exceptionally good skin but she has texture (like every human) and she has quite a few wrinkles too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So. Bloody. Filtered
4D8D2936-60F4-44FA-AA39-BB9613E8314C.jpeg
A6A7855C-2AF0-43C3-B991-4DBDB6C39173.jpeg

---
I think Alex must spend *at least* £10,000 to £15,000 per year alone on hair salon trips unless she gets A LOT of freebies. I'm straight-up jealous. I only have my hair cut once every 4 months 😭 and I haven't coloured my hair since early 2017.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Not sure about her hair but I do remember reading that her beauty routine costs in the tens of thousands per annum. All that and still can't stop using filters

• Wow
She has quite a large full jaw that seems to go to one side…there is nothing wrong with this..she is very attractive lady but it’s nothing like the pointy chiselled jawline that the “good lighting” gives her! It’s not something you would notice normally but it is such a contrast to the faces she puts on her IG. I am so surprised that people are still being drawn in by these heavily filtered images

Reactions: 3
I don't think anyone really believes that the heavily filtered images are a true reflection of her skin. All those 'OMG your skin is flawless!' comments are indulging in polite fiction

• Haha
The money shot of all of Alex’s Sunday Facial videos. Where she just selects ‘bordering on skeletal’ in the ‘how skinny do you want your face to look?’ section of SodaApp

Knowing what her face shape really looks like, it’s just SO f**king weird she does this. How is her boyfriend not completely turned off and weirded out about this?! If I dated a guy that distorted his face on his IG the way Alice does, we’d be breaking up because I’d be like, he’s clearly INSANE.

BE1BC0CA-6A95-4006-8FA2-987630C4EDFE.jpeg
7F757C28-A0A9-4856-A242-E43A87E2A4A5.jpeg

• Wow
As a photographer who does her own retouching and therefore spends oodles of time looking at pores from up close: no light in the world makes skin look like this. And why does the light suddenly stop "correcting" around her eyes? Pull the other one...
I know you are absolutely right. I have a few friends who have incredibly beautiful skin and I can never really see their pores BUT even the most beautiful, flawless complexion does not look like this on camera. Any half-reasonably intelligent person can see there are smoothing filters being used here. I cannot find a single image of Alex's face from any of her social media platforms that have not been blurred/smoothed out. EVERY damn photo is treated with a beauty filter. It's maddening that someone who harps on and on about how great her skin is cannot bear to show us raw, high-def, 100% unfiltered images of her face without ring lights. You have to go to YouTube or look at third-party content to see what she really looked like. She's a 48-year-old, German-Austrian white woman who eats a lot of sugar. I've seen her in person. She has wrinkles, eye bags and skin texture like the rest of us. Her wilful dishonesty makes me cringe. I think her dishonesty is absolutely despicable.

Reactions: 6
How do you know she eats a lot of sugar?
She has mentioned several times in live talks how she cannot stay away from sugar, particularly pastries and desserts and how it’s one of her downfalls and that it’s contributed to her poor gut health. Also, I constantly see her post on IG stories the desserts and ice creams she’s about to eat in cafes and restaurants. She seems to dine out in restaurants most of the time rather than eat at home. It always seems to be 3 course meals with dessert. I eat dessert like once a month.

This exceptionally gaunt face shape is not real. It just isn’t.

IMG_1596.jpeg
IMG_1597.jpeg

---
I saw this on YouTube for the first time last week. An interview Alex did with Estee Lalonde 6 whole years ago when Alex was at least 2 dress sizes smaller. Yet the face shape is still quite round and there’s no gaunt cheekbones.

IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1611.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.