Alex Steinherr

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah probably deleted it its on the latest la roche posay balm video so the newest one
It's not the first time she's deleted a comment that calls her out. Any time she's accused of using beauty filters, when I check back later, the comment has disappeared. Alex says she's an honest "tell it like it is" beauty journalist but she's just not. She's wildly dishonest, non-transparent and she censors anyone who rightfully calls her out, even when they express themselves politely and merely say, "It looks like you're using a filter, though?"

It doesn't feel good that La Roche Posay paid her to advertise their Cicaplast Baume B5 in a video where she is filtered so heavily. Her face looks almost cartoonish because it's so blurred and brightly lit. These companies do not exercise integrity when they choose their ambassadors.

Reactions: 3
😁
Someone needs to start a tiktok exposing her bullshit
I've fantasised about creating a TikTok account exposing her dishonest use of filters but

a) I don't have the technical skills or patience to do it well or at least, it would take me bloody ages to figure out editing, sound etc

b) I pathetically wonder if she will use her connections to uncover my true identity and sue me for slander. 😱 I don't know what the possible legal implications are or what the potential backlash could be. Seriously, you just never know the consequences or how people will react. They may be all "Leave her alone! Why do you even care? Just scroll on if you don't like her videos!" which is a valid point, I suppose.

c) I feel I have created enough bad karma as it is for myself from posting about Alex the way I do on Tattle and starting a TikTok account devoted to "bringing her down" will just make me uneasy that I may attract excessive levels of bad, negative energy into my life. It's bad enough I'm here, shaming her but it's such a strong compulsion because I just find her persistent denial of using beauty filters so outrageously cheeky and unethical and just not cool.
When I see her getting paid to promote skincare and lapping up praise for her "amazing skin" and how young she looks, it just feels annoying AF and I come to Tattle as an emotional outlet for how Alex's extreme catfishing irks me. It's like Tattle is a support group for people who find her dishonest practices maddening but have no one else to talk to about it.😁

d) She appears to have very loyal followers and industry colleagues who are determined to praise her/her "perfect skin" no matter what and they'll probably trash me and accuse me of being jealous. Alex is very friendly with Nikki Wolff, Hung Vanggo, Patrick Ta, Lisa Eldridge and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and I think they'd defend her rather fiercely.

Fun fact. I actually love Hung Vanggo's make-up skills but I notice he's just as bad as Alex, using extreme retouching on his celebrity clients' images. He has filtered, retouched and altered facial features so heavily, the likes of Selena Gomez or Rose Byrne don't even look like themselves so one day, more than five years ago, I left a comment saying, "Hung, I think you're very talented and I love the makeup you do but I think you use beauty filters too heavily sometimes and I can't see any natural human skin texture at all." He BLOCKED ME! He and Alex are very friendly and I guess they are all about beauty filters. I guess the beauty industry is just based on presenting unrealistic beauty standards no matter what. It feels like everyone has body dysmorphia to some degree.

But yeah, can't deny I'd gain some satisfaction from Alex being publicly called out for her catfishing.

I'd love to see someone confront her in front of a crowd at one of her public appearances for brand promotions at Harrods or Selfridges. Just for someone with the balls I don't have, to stand up and say, "I need to address the elephant in the room ...." hold up an iPad showing her heavily beauty-filtered images and videos and continue, "What I see standing before me right now just isn't the same woman shown in these images taken from your Instagram account. It is clear to me you have edited your face so drastically to appear slimmer and younger - you've even changed your face shape drastically and yet you have taken to Instagram a few times to deny that you retouch your images. Once and for all, will you admit, Ms Steinherr, that you retouch your images quite heavily?" Man, wouldn't you just LOVE to see how Alex would react and attempt to defend herself when cornered like that? To walk up to her and hold up one of her heavily retouched Instagram photos on an iPad and hold it right next to her face for the live audience to see and say "See, everyone?! How is this the same woman?!"
Mind you, if Alex suddenly burst into tears and ran off crying, I'd probably feel awful about it.

Alex has doubled down on this issue so often on social media even when there is overwhelming evidence against her so I wonder if she'd still continue to double down in a public discussion? I seriously think she might still stick to her guns and cry out, "I NEVER use filters or edit my face! I'm just retaining a lot of water in my lower face today and the lighting in here is very harsh!"

Anyway, that's enough WattPad / fan fiction writing from me for now. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 8
RE: Soda app

Just saw today's Sunday Facial video and I think I may know which app Alex uses to film her Sunday Facials. A man on TikTok mentioned an app that allows you to change your face shape and features in videos, not just still photos. So I downloaded the 'Soda' app which he mentioned. He also mentioned the Kardashians use this app to look their best on social media. I thought, "Hmmm wonder if this is what Alex uses ..."

I just used the video option on the app and went into the 'beauty' settings. You can use this slider to change the shape of your lower face and as I moved the slider up and down, it either lengthened my chin and made my jawline slimmer or I could widen my lower face. I tried to recreate the face shape Alex presents in her videos and I feel completely convinced she uses the Soda app or something like it when I noticed how large and elongated my fingers looked. I wanted to test if the effects visibly glitched if I tried to rub my lower face with my hand the way she's rubbing her skincare products into her lower face in her Sunday Facial videos. Whilst it doesn't glitch, my hands look weirdly elongated and large which is exactly how Alex's hands appear in her Sunday Facial videos.

As soon as I saw my jawline become sharper and narrower through the Soda app, I was all "OMG this is soooo what she's using!"

I just couldn't. I mean, I don't have a very round face like Alex at all and I quite like my own face shape but even if I didn't, I couldn't present a fake face shape I don't actually have on social media. My friends and family would think I'd lost the f*cking plot.

Alex really underestimates people's intelligence or awareness. I honestly think she thinks most people don't know beauty filters that not only blur but change face shape and features can be used within *videos* now. I feel she's occasionally implied "How can I be editing my face when this is a video recording?!" and I strongly suspect she's thinking, these idiots won't know about the Soda app!
BDB8810D-67F6-4D32-AD72-47FF66192D52.jpeg

This is the Soda app

ECA8D14B-95F1-4EE7-9FF0-CA528FE54DC2.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I keep thinking that she's now trapped in a hell of her own making. If she wanted to stop she either needs to:
a) come clean and go cold turkey, at which point she'll totally lose any credibility that she has.
b) slowly phase out using them and have to deal with the inevitable wtf happened to your face questions, and have more people realise what was going on.. or
c) go the surgical route and get whatever procedures to make her look more like her filtered self (which is pretty horrifying to me. I know it happens, I know a lot of people want to change things about themselves because they don't look like their filtered selves)
This is why you don't filter yourself to that degree online...

Reactions: 4
I keep thinking that she's now trapped in a hell of her own making. If she wanted to stop she either needs to:
a) come clean and go cold turkey, at which point she'll totally lose any credibility that she has.
b) slowly phase out using them and have to deal with the inevitable wtf happened to your face questions, and have more people realise what was going on.. or
c) go the surgical route and get whatever procedures to make her look more like her filtered self (which is pretty horrifying to me. I know it happens, I know a lot of people want to change things about themselves because they don't look like their filtered selves)
This is why you don't filter yourself to that degree online...
Perfectly explained @LauraL
This is a hell of Alex's own making.
Her dishonesty and persistence in denying it all so vehemently is cringey. I mean, she really bites back at people who call her out on something she is so blatantly guilty of.
The evidence is right there and she will still say NO, this is how I really look, guys!!!!
I mean, look at this!
F4A799BC-A847-4389-AC34-101C784B2410.jpeg

I've mentioned this before, I think, but I see her boyfriend, Joseph leaving all these fire and rocket emojis under her content on social media, implying she looks hot AF which is sweet and every boyfriend should make his girlfriend feel beautiful BUT I would love to know what he REALLY thinks when he sees his girlfriend looks so drastically altered on Instagram because it's so far removed from how she looks in person. I would love to know if he has noticed and if he is a little weirded out by it.

If I dated a guy who altered his physical appearance on his Instagram to the same degree Alex does, I gotta say, I'd be creeped out and I'd be seriously questioning his mental health. It's such a creepy, weird, silly thing to do - and I really do find it so creepy. If my boyfriend looked like Seth Rogen (who I do find very attractive FYI) and yet on Instagram, he's used filters and apps to look like a young Brad Pitt, I'd be thinking WTF?!!! This is SO embarrassing! Quit that!!! My friends and family are going to see what a weirdo you are!

I'm just fascinated by Alex's self-delusion.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think she's also one of those people whose weight is very up and down. No judgement, I'm the same myself. But there's multiple videos of her on YouTube with notable fluctuations in weight.

Sometimes I really feel for her because it must be awful being on camera if you're that self-conscious. But then again she's chosen the worst industry to work in for self-image.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think she's also one of those people whose weight is very up and down. No judgement, I'm the same myself. But there's multiple videos of her on YouTube with notable fluctuations in weight.

Sometimes I really feel for her because it must be awful being on camera if you're that self-conscious. But then again she's chosen the worst industry to work in for self-image.
This is when Alex was at her skinniest. She lost a lot of weight and as you can see, it didn’t change the fact she has a longer, heavier jawline / chin area because it’s her natural BONE structure/development.

She can get as skinny as she likes but it won’t change her lower face structure much.

7B764313-9BDB-41D7-BB71-80B74E99EC9E.jpeg
B790224F-274C-4681-9205-C488380D003E.jpeg

• Wow

I agree that it must be awful but I find it intriguing how someone who is clearly very insecure and unaccepting of her natural appearance would choose to showcase her face so excessively. Nobody is holding a gun to her head and forcing her to create all these very self-indulgent vanity reels. Sali Hughes and Caroline Hirons just sit there and talk about the products and they do just fine.

I imagine she must feel quite nervous and self-conscious attending glamorous public events where she has to look her best knowing how compelled she feels to appear "perfect".

Alex's social media content became very "vanity project", and very self-indulgent to me since she started doing Sunday Facials. It irks me how she does all these glamorous, sensual, arty montages of herself applying products to her face, posing in a very self-indulgent, dramatic way when she's closing her eyes in ecstasy and sensually caressing her face. She gazes lovingly at herself into the camera lens and looks quite smug about how great she looks .... BUT very often, especially on TikTok, she doesn't even list the product names, she doesn't even talk about the products in detail and I see a lot of people commenting, "You never list the products you've used!"

My point is, when she constantly neglects to mention the products she's *pretending" to promote, it just goes to show since so little emphasis is put on the products and offering useful skincare advice, she's primarily on social media to flaunt her retouched face because she appears to be more interested in cosplaying at being beautiful/hot and glamorous. I really do think she looks addicted to cosplaying as a hot chick and she gazes so lovingly into the camera lens like she's so pleased with how she looks even though it's filters and apps. I personally feel that she comes off as being very vain.

Her videos are just a vanity project. It's all about looking glam, hot, sensual, young and sexy when in real life, she's very matronly and dresses quite frumpy. It's like she's playing 'Second Life' online, where she gets to be the young hot popular chick and she's addicted to the dopamine rush from the compliments she gets for looking so flawless.

Reactions: 1
I've always thought that the real Alex is good looking and rather than hot and gorgeous, I think like her fake version just looks unreal, distorted and bizarre.

I've always thought that the real Alex is good looking and rather than hot and gorgeous, I think like her fake version just looks unreal, distorted and bizarre.
This is a genuine lovely & very pretty pic of Alex but I’m pretty sure it was taken at least 8+ years ago

FF9C4333-6C85-4DF6-860F-A20EA498F251.jpeg

No bloody idea who the man in the photo is.

When I first became a follower of Alex's from her Glamour days, I thought she was very attractive. It's partly what drew me to her because I thought she was quite striking and I liked that she seemed passionate about make up and skincare. I was a fan, to begin with.

I am not proud of it but I've developed a harsh critical eye of Alex's appearance because of her hyper-retouching. My brain compares the unfiltered, un-retouched images I see of her on third-party social media platforms and compares them to the digitally enhanced and beautified version of her as presented on her IG and I harshly think, "Oh!!😲 She's not that hot!" when she actually does have lovely eyes, a cute nose and pretty lips. Alex looked like a classy, refined person but she's trying to serve JLo or 90s Christy Turlington looks when she's more of a modern-day Jackie Collins type.

Oh my gosh. She’s too thin in those pics. Lollipop head springs to mind!
I was surprised by how much weight Alex lost but she did mention that she'd lost it during a period of serious gut issues. She didn't stay skinny for very long though. I only remember her being that skinny for a few months before she started looking fuller-figured again.
She has mentioned several times how she has a massive sweet tooth and can't seem to resist sugary desserts. I can relate to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I do envy how she can afford to have her coloured, cut and styled at Josh Wood on a very regular basis. I’m such a “povo” 😂 and would have to carefully save for months at least to get my hair coloured there.

DEC434DF-1932-4563-821D-14A43D63545E.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder why she feels so compelled to pull these faces. The wink-pout combo. Why the winking every. time? Why is she so into winking?
It’s what cutesy Japanese & Korean 18-22 year old beauty influencers do.
Not so easily pulled off when you’re a 47 year old Austrian-German beauty journalist.

9B225381-39E8-48E8-BF1A-3349418A57F9.jpeg
61817112-3EC4-4249-9B8C-77DC1BFECCD3.jpeg

Oh to have another camera in the corner filming her doing these poses for her iPhone camera for that ‘Influencers in the Wild’ perspective 😄

Alex’s boyfriend: What are you doing in the bathroom, babe?!

👇🏼

115D4184-5EB3-45DE-91B1-61D624DD20B3.jpeg

Strike a pose 😎

E1D69A2D-9EC0-40A2-BD76-3D781FD28293.jpeg
A4E62579-C09C-4D32-B30E-DDDB8D7F987A.jpeg
B647AB7D-794A-485E-A2C8-1C405F35434F.jpeg
9911986A-518D-49F4-ABD3-1D543074DB52.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Today’s TikTok video started off with the ‘A Star Is Born’ / signature Barbara Streisand pose again

She’s really feeling herself in this vid. She’s in love with what she sees.

45DD1AA8-E6F4-47B4-9698-CF3E7835CCC3.jpeg
A459CF2C-8A01-4FCD-ADE3-94D2B869E5F4.jpeg
DDE93597-0695-433F-BA1D-5161DB662FAC.jpeg
1387A68C-BF10-4C81-A6DF-DBD4CBAA4A8A.jpeg

“Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful, folks.” 😎

89C2BED7-804E-443E-96A2-C538966EBE16.jpeg
F99088B7-5A9F-4904-9298-F3E03E2CF885.jpeg
9FACD300-7D82-46E5-AACC-D3231175F054.jpeg
E5AE6B70-6E6D-4A5B-9A76-BBCACDD3A22B.jpeg
A61283CA-DD60-4D8A-B1B0-14AC5BB050BC.jpeg
AF5FDE9C-0E7D-40D4-A9A5-99C972D610A9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
She looks lovely in the last pic ⬆ well, the edited version of looks lovely, should I say.
I was surprised she posted this…

View attachment 1787530
Yeah, I was a little surprised because when I observed how she seems to never want to scrape her hair back into a bun when she does a Sunday Facial, I assumed she had an insecurity about being seen with her hair scraped back. I thought maybe she was self conscious about her forehead. But maybe she’s trying to feel more accepting of her forehead.
I have a big forehead too, although it’s not as egg-like and as rounded as Alex’s. I don’t mind my forehead at all. Happy to wear my hair in a slick bun in public.

She looks like an upside down ostrich egg most of the time she meddles with the filters and what not.

• Haha