Alex Belfield

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems like the judge threw the book at him. I always thought he was a harmless twit and the people he went after were just overly sensitive luvvies. I'd better re-think my position!

Reactions: 4
Apparently he revealed he was gay during his grovelling apology before sentencing. Perhaps hoping that would get him some leniency?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Apparently he revealed he was gay during his grovelling apology before sentencing. Perhaps hoping that would get him some leniency?
It's been obvious for years, his attempts to talk about women in the way he thought straight men do was always cringe. Good to have it confirmed for his followers though, that should put a few of the thickos off if today's sentencing didn't.

Reactions: 3
The sentence seems disproportionate to me.
I don't know what to think tbh. I might be wrong, but I believe it was one of the first cases of its type. I'm sure the judge took advice. I am pretty sure though that representing himself wasn't a good idea.

Reactions: 8
I don't know what to think tbh. I might be wrong, but I believe it was one of the first cases of its type. I'm sure the judge took advice. I am pretty sure though that representing himself wasn't a good idea.
After reading the sentence, before I read some of the alleged details, I was expecting to hear some awful things, such as petrol bombs through letter boxes and threats to stab etc. The justice system in this country is a disgrace. Someone threatened to stab me and the police took no action against them. They didn't even investigate it properly.

Look at Anna Brees's Twitter. She has received several messages from lawyers saying that the sentence was too harsh. Alex should definitely appeal against it.

Reactions: 5
A man who represents himself had a fool for a client 🤣

Reactions: 6
Why would Alex being a homosexual make him lose followers?
The kind of people he appeals to are very right wing. They have questionable views on most things and are more than likely homophobic.

Anna Breese is also a twit BTW. She talked complete and utter tit during the pandemic. I wouldn’t take any notice of what she says given that she’s a rabid conspiracy theorist nut job . I’m all for freedom of speech, but that doesn’t include harassing and bullying others.

Reactions: 7
I remember Belfield was very critical and snide about Schofield being a "secret homosexual" as he put it.

Reactions: 4
Why would Alex being a homosexual make him lose followers?
Because they're as homophobic as he is, otherwise why would they not only tolerate but actively enjoy and financially support him when he regularly comes out with homophobic content?

After reading the sentence, before I read some of the alleged details, I was expecting to hear some awful things, such as petrol bombs through letter boxes and threats to stab etc.
Didn't he dox several of his victims and encourage his followers to harass them? You don't need to engage in violent behaviour yourself to be responsible for it when you're inciting others to do it on your behalf. I wonder what he was hoping to achieve sending a picture of a baby scan to the pregnant partner of some guy he fell out with on Twitter...

Love him or hate him or indifferent to him this sentence should shock everyone !!!!!
I nearly burst out crying when I saw it. And I think he's a twit.
It could be you next.
And people calling him vile are rejoicing at a man being sentenced for not really doing much harm except by words, compared to other criminals.
We all speak venom about others on Tattle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Love him or hate him or indifferent to him this sentence should shock everyone !!!!!
It could be you next.
And people calling him vile are rejoicing at a man being sentenced for not really doing much harm except by words, compared to other criminals.
I think you're having trouble understanding the difference between talking about someone and sending them endless abuse and threats, encouraging others to harass them and contacting their families and workplaces. It's funny how those who bang on about free speech never seem to be able to comprehend what it actually is.

Reactions: 11
Not really, I followed the trial and the sentence should shock decent people even if you don't like him.

Reactions: 2
It could be you next.
Not doing much harm?! He has harassed and bullied several people over a long period of time and also encouraged his followers to abuse them as well. He was warned about it in the past and still continued this behaviour. Locking him up is clearly the only way to stop him.

so many were taken in my this madman
Its really concerning. He has stolen thousand of pounds from these people under the guise of ‘paying for legal fees’ and spent the proceeds on long holidays to Miami and Vegas, flying first class and staying in five star accommodation.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Not really, I followed the trial and the sentence should shock decent people even if you don't like him.
What's shocking is he chose to represent himself despite being given over £300k in donations to "sue the BBC". He might have been able to shave a couple of months off if a good lawyer dwelled on his self-hating homosexuality and mental health issues.

Reactions: 9