Aja Barber

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really feel like telling these people who beg for patreons (or bully for patreons like Aja) that if this whole 'content creation' thing is not working for them financially they need to find another way to earn a living JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. You ain't special.
Oh absolutely!!!
Also, as @PineappleQueen19 said about the free resource situation, imagine sharing something on a social off her patreon and her wading in on you. She’s seriously scary!
I completely understand that she’s faced prejudice and racism but her approach is mind boggling. Saying things as derogatory as ‘I hate it when white ladies come into my dms’ and ‘it’s super stinky when you say you feel for me but you take my labour for free’— I think she’s missing the point that she CHOSE to create this following and this platform, no one forced her to! And I’ve seen plenty of high end holidays and clothes suggesting she’s not poverty stricken, unlike those who she has no idea about and assumed due to their skin colour that they are wealthy! It’s insane.

Reactions: 8
think she’s missing the point that she CHOSE to create this following and this platform, no one forced her to!
when i used to follow aja, whenever she ranted about her "unpaid labour" I often felt like responding with "NOBODy ASKED YOU TO DO THIS." she's got such a chip on her shoulder over something she decided to dedicate her entire online prescence to.

sounds like she's desperate for money the way she's begging people to pay her for her "work." maybe if she provided something of substance instead of spewing hatred all the time maybe people would want to pay?

I'm wondering if more and more of her followers are waking up to how toxic aja is. honestly there are so many other better content creators out there to follow who actually teach people about sustainable fashion and race issues that don't constantly hate on you.

I just read Aja's recent instagram post about the Edinburgh Festival and... WHAT A bleeping HYPOCRITE. so it's ok for Aja to still attend the event and be paid for it despite one of its biggest sponsors is literally the fossil fuel industry. didn't aja go absolutely bat tit crazy when Oatly got funding from a similar source? but I guess it's alright for her to take the blood money because... why exactly?

Reactions: 12
And providing the so-called “free content” is hardly a benevolent gesture on her part (despite the martyr act). It’s just part of her business model - it’s the shop front that enables her to secure patreon subscribers, speaking slots, paid writing gigs, clothing collaborations etc. That is the business model you’ve chosen so either get on with it or do something else?
So now of course she is still posting stories to satisfy the algorithm and tying herself up in knots to justify it 🥱

It is bonkers that Aja lost her tit on twitter, telling people to shut up etc. Then turns around and whines people have told her to shut up so is taking time away for her mental health.

Meanwhile Sophie Benson is making the point about fast fashion Barbie merch a thousand times better and not causing a binfire while doing it.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
And providing the so-called “free content” is hardly a benevolent gesture on her part (despite the martyr act). It’s just part of her business model - it’s the shop front that enables her to secure patreon subscribers, speaking slots, paid writing gigs, clothing collaborations etc. That is the business model you’ve chosen so either get on with it or do something else?
So now of course she is still posting stories to satisfy the algorithm and tying herself up in knots to justify it 🥱

It is bonkers that Aja lost her tit on twitter, telling people to shut up etc. Then turns around and whines people have told her to shut up so is taking time away for her mental health.

Meanwhile Sophie Benson is making the point about fast fashion Barbie merch a thousand times better and not causing a binfire while doing it.
'Credit for my labour'. Aja's 'labour' = 'eat me'. Waaaaaaah everyone is mean and not paying me, I'm leaving, please sign up to my Patreon. What a colossal asshole.

• Haha

Exhausting writing a tweet 🤣🤣🤣 Christ alive! Mad that she is ok to say whatever but no one else is allowed an opinion!

Reactions: 5
The classism in all this bleeping reeks. The only way she is able to go so hard on the ‘pay me what I’m worth’ is because she was born in to so much wealth and continues to benefit from that.

If you’re not wealthy you can’t operate like that. If you’re stuck doing a low paid (but still so vital) job like cleaning, caring, supermarket work, you will never ever be paid what you’re worth and you know that. You can’t even demand to be paid that. How is she SO insensitive to the fact so many people go on social media to while away time cause it’s free and that most people do not have the money to spare to pay people like her right now. Even if they wanted to! And her ableist attitude to shaming a disabled person who can’t work and afford to give her money. She needs cancelling ASAP

I follow Aja Barber and found her taking a sponsorship from Prada odd and not in line with her brand due to their poor Good On You score — their beauty products aren’t cruelty free either…

edit: came to tattle after seeing this sponsorship to see if there was any tea and I’m glad I looked it up!

Reactions: 10
I'm so glad she has a thread because she is utterly vile and disgusting towards people who have a difference in opinion.

Reactions: 5
Did anyone see her recent post saying she doesn’t want to wealth hoard (that would be greedy), just acquire enough wealth so that she doesn’t have to work. She had these inspired brainwaves because she had such a lovely time on holiday 🤣
She's just ridiculous. Does she think that every white person now needs to pay her because of what their ancestors did? I don't understand.

Also generational wealth? Her parents are minted aren't they lol

She will not get support from a lot of people, only the ones she has brainwashed. But I'm telling you right now, if someone I supported and commented to on an Instagram post spoke to me the way she speaks to people trying to send love or reach out with kind words, they would instantly lose my follow.

How dare she speak to people like that.

Reactions: 6
Why the word salad? Three words would have sufficed “give me money”. Such a victim. Does anyone know how many patrons she has?

Reactions: 3