Aja Barber

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WOW

she actually said "I know there's a cost of living crisis but..."

does aja post anything of value on her patreon?

Reactions: 6
The recent stories are bleeping WILD. So comments in her post, with two ladies disagreeing which she didn’t have to insert herself into and could have just deleted as led to her doxxing someone and saying online spaces are going to kill her and berating people to sign up to her patreon? If anyone has signed up after that because Aja wants to pay for private surgery in a cost of living crisis and her content is that groundbreaking, you’re a fuckkkking mug.

the level of entitlement and delusion

• Wow
Reactions: 9
A hiatus to me is not posting at all, rather than reposting posts about her post saying she’s taking a hiatus. That’s exceptionally meta and it hurts my head.

• Haha
Aja is absolutely unhinged.. not only begging for people to give her money, BERATING them for not having done so already. Completely disregarding that many of her followers will be suffering the effects of the cost of living increases in the UK. Wild that she thinks it's ok to demand money from people just because they're white so they must be wealthy huh. Quite classist of you, Aja!

She's the one that chose to take up this role of "educator" on Instagram. Now she expects people to pay her for her ranty social media posts. If she hates it so much she should go and do another job.

She's one of the most toxic people on Instagram.. she also brought a lot of this on herself by fostering an incredibly hostile "fan base" that she's encouraged to attack people. The fact that Aja is now crying about how it's affecting her mental health is laughable.

What goes around comes around I guess! Go outside and touch grass, Aja.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Aja is absolutely unhinged.. not only begging for people to give her money, BERATING them for not having done so already. Completely disregarding that many of her followers will be suffering the effects of the cost of living increases in the UK. Wild that she thinks it's ok to demand money from people just because they're white so they must be wealthy huh. Quite classist of you, Aja!

She's the one that chose to take up this role of "educator" on Instagram. Now she expects people to pay her for her ranty social media posts. If she hates it so much she should go and do another job.

She's one of the most toxic people on Instagram.. she also brought a lot of this on herself by fostering an incredibly hostile "fan base" that she's encouraged to attack people. The fact that Aja is now crying about how it's affecting her mental health is laughable.

What goes around comes around I guess! Go outside and touch grass, Aja.
The hypocrisy is real! She has organised pile ons and used her naive followers to help her go after people. Now she is turning on her bafflingly loyal audience aggressively telling them they owe her money! Truly, truly shocking. I do not want to downplay mental health issues but she is a manipulative bully. She has not invented the wheel and when it comes to these issues I prefer to listen to scientists who are far more trustworthy than a loud mouth bigot who lived off of her parents until she figured out a way to grift. I really hope these demands for money mean that the grift is finally up. Seriously f*ck this woman.

This is starting to remind me of when Chidera (slumflower) started demanding money from anywhere and everywhere (including the royalties from Florence’s book) under the guise of ‘reparations’. Different circumstances but a similarly manipulative, toxic vibe.

Eg from Aja’s Stories she’s now talking about ‘financial redistribution’:
“Before today my Patreon was half of what it was in June 2020 and that tells me that what I'm asking for is entirely achievable if people practice what they preach about ethical and equitable landscapes. I know the numbers that I want absolutely can be achieved. What I give is an opportunity to be honest with yourself. Being honest with yourself about your shopping habits and being honest about your wealth and being honest about whether or not you can actually space $5 a month for a resource you consider valuable (I don't know how many times I've been tagged as a "resource" instead of a human being.”

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Oh my god. The entitlement is off the scale. So she is asking people to sign up to her Patreon so she can access private health care? Sorry what?! No one owes you anything Aja.
I unfollowed her a few years ago due to her negative comments about “white people”. It’s nasty and unnecessary. I was confused when I saw that she is married to a white man. In desperate need to therapy.

Reactions: 12
Oh my god. The entitlement is off the scale. So she is asking people to sign up to her Patreon so she can access private health care? Sorry what?! No one owes you anything Aja.
I unfollowed her a few years ago due to her negative comments about “white people”. It’s nasty and unnecessary. I was confused when I saw that she is married to a white man. In desperate need to therapy.
And this is why she has half the Patreon subscribers she had three years ago - tbh I can't believe she has any. What exactly are people paying her for? She needs to grow up and get an actual job. Shouting on various social media platforms ain't it.

Reactions: 8
See she’s on threads with a predictably dumb take on the Oppenheimer movie

Reactions: 2
See she’s on threads with a predictably dumb take on the Oppenheimer movie
I can’t imagine having time in my day to dress in ugly creased expensive clothes and be so pressed about two movie names being merged because they released the same day.

Reactions: 6
This is starting to remind me of when Chidera (slumflower) started demanding money from anywhere and everywhere (including the royalties from Florence’s book) under the guise of ‘reparations’. Different circumstances but a similarly manipulative, toxic vibe.

Eg from Aja’s Stories she’s now talking about ‘financial redistribution’:
“Before today my Patreon was half of what it was in June 2020 and that tells me that what I'm asking for is entirely achievable if people practice what they preach about ethical and equitable landscapes. I know the numbers that I want absolutely can be achieved. What I give is an opportunity to be honest with yourself. Being honest with yourself about your shopping habits and being honest about your wealth and being honest about whether or not you can actually space $5 a month for a resource you consider valuable (I don't know how many times I've been tagged as a "resource" instead of a human being.”
The irony of the ‘say nothing’ which she is completely unable to do. I’ve never known anything like her attitude, if she was white, she would have been cancelled. Remember the whole Lucy and Yak debacle??? Lucy and Chris almost crying on camera because of her rants and tagging and getting her followers to do so. She’s so toxic.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if she bullies her white husband into 'financial redistribution'?

I really don't like the way she assumes that all white people have money. I am currently on the bones of my arse and the last thing I am going to do is sign up for an influencer's patreon.

I wonder if she bullies her white husband into 'financial redistribution'?

I really don't like the way she assumes that all white people have money. I am currently on the bones of my arse and the last thing I am going to do is sign up for an influencer's patreon.
She’s so rude with it too. The example above where people are saying they are disabled and out of work and she’s attacking them back. Or someone saying ‘I’m sorry’ and she’s like ‘I don’t need your sorry I need your money’… I would love it if people would just pay for me to sit on my arse too, Aja, but there’s a real world out there.

She’s so rude with it too. The example above where people are saying they are disabled and out of work and she’s attacking them back. Or someone saying ‘I’m sorry’ and she’s like ‘I don’t need your sorry I need your money’… I would love it if people would just pay for me to sit on my arse too, Aja, but there’s a real world out there.
I find that part the worst. If she pulled her head out of her self absorbed victim mentality and read a paper or maybe even interacted with social media other than demand money, she’d see that globally, people are seriously struggling, more so here in the UK. We’re on the verge of another recession and her “I don’t care, just pay me because you are white” is deplorable

Reactions: 11
And if her patreon income (or subscriber numbers, i don’t think it’s clear which) has halved in a couple of years, that is telling you something, no? People subscribed for a while and decided to stop, for whatever reason it wasn’t worth it to them any longer (or possibly never was). That is their choice, you don’t get to demand others then step in to make up the perceived shortfall.

The lack of transparency around subscribers is interesting too. No problem with people not sharing but don’t keep ranting you deserve more. Pick one.

And then there’s her saying on stories she’s “shifting my content in a direction of being paid for my thoughts over there instead of putting them over here for free” whilst her patron says “Your subscription allows me to keep making the resources I put out into the world free for all! It also makes it sustainable for me to write for free and share my work with the world.”
She needs to make up her mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I really feel like telling these people who beg for patreons (or bully for patreons like Aja) that if this whole 'content creation' thing is not working for them financially they need to find another way to earn a living JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. You ain't special.

Reactions: 10