Aja Barber

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread for Aja Barber.

Take from her website:

‘I am a writer, stylist and consultant whose work deals with the intersections of sustainability and the fashion landscape. My work builds heavily on ideas behind privilege, wealth inequality, racism, feminism, colonialism and how to fix the fashion industry with all these things in mind. I also like your dog, 99.9% of the time.’

Reactions: 4
Here's a couple of reddit threads that gives a little insight into Aja and how problematic she can be in regards to dragging people just because they dare have a different opinion to her: link, link, link. I suggest reading them!

There used to be another really great thread (title: Why is Aja Barber so mean?) but it's been deleted..... a lot of comments went into detail about how Aja picks and choses the people she considers "problematic" depending on how useful they are to her or if they're her friends. She lets a lot of crappy things slide if you're her a friend and/or can boost her social folllowing! For instance, her friend kate (a white knitter) did some racist tit (she asked an indigenous woman "what percentage" she was!!!) and somehow Aja is ok with that???? but not ok with someone disagreeing with some of the false "facts" aja likes to she on her instagram. if that was any other white woman aja would have dragged her through the mud and sent her minions after them!

Aja also rinsed people for money so she could move from the US to the UK by setting up a patron and getting people to "pay for the work she goes for free" instead of her running ads on her social media. guess who does ads on their social media now!!! reguarly, without properly declaring them!!! There's more detail on that HERE.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Remember when her bio was ‘don’t DM me Lauren’. Ripped ‘Lauren’ apart for questioning her on something.

Remember her calling someone’s kid ugly.

There’s plenty of examples.

She piled in on Lucy and Yak because they ‘used her emotional Labour’ and didn’t pay her. She suggested they were more size inclusive.

Mentioned it as well on the other thread this started on that she had a stinking attitude towards Jews for not wanting to vote for corbyn. She seems to think she has a monopoly on pain and prejudice. I find her views quite problematic and so argumentative.

She ripped a good few influencers apart and then when an influencer who was a PoC waded in with Holocaust comments, she defended them and said cancel culture was problematic. Honestly she baffles me.

Reactions: 9
Oh god, i forgot about a lot of that tit! When she called that kid ugly and then justified doing it. She's nasty and vindictive, and uses racism to excuse herself from any culpability.

Aja reposting tit about cancel culture when she's one of the major players on Instagram who drags anyone who dares disagree with her has my eyes rolling. She's such a bleeping hypocrite.

Reactions: 8
Oh god, i forgot about a lot of that tit! When she called that kid ugly and then justified doing it. She's nasty and vindictive, and uses racism to excuse herself from any culpability.

Aja reposting tit about cancel culture when she's one of the major players on Instagram who drags anyone who dares disagree with her has my eyes rolling. She's such a bleeping hypocrite.
Completely agree!!! Went on and on and on about the ugly kid comment to prove she was right. Wasn’t convinced to be honest... me think the lady doth protest and all that.

She is the definition of cancel culture when it suits her and her ‘movement’.

yet another undisclosed ad on Aja's instagram feed. her Shop Arq underwear was gifted therefore an AD, which should be disclosed at the beginning of her caption. doesn't matter if the post is about the underwear or not. If she didn't want to disclose it as an AD, she shouldn't have tagged them in the post!

I wonder how Aja justifies being so unethical when she claims to writer about sustainability and ethics???

Reactions: 10
Oh yeah something else I just remembered!!

When it was the American election, my husband was saying how it looked obvious that Biden was on track to win. But I followed Aja and she’d put up ‘well done white women you fucked it up’ or something to that effect!!! I thought that suggested Trump would win... but I was like wow! Imagine changing the words in that to quote another ethnic group... it would be unacceptable!!

The undisclosed ads seem to be part of her ‘god persona’

Reactions: 3
I was like wow! Imagine changing the words in that to quote another ethnic group... it would be unacceptable!!

A lot of things Aja says would be unacceptable if voiced towards any other group of people. She uses white people as her punching bag because I guess she has so many issues she hasn't worked through. I hope she's in therapy. I've never seen a more toxic person on the internet and I don't think it's healthy for her to be spending so many hours a day being outraged on the internet.

A lot of things Aja says would be unacceptable if voiced towards any other group of people. She uses white people as her punching bag because I guess she has so many issues she hasn't worked through. I hope she's in therapy. I've never seen a more toxic person on the internet and I don't think it's healthy for her to be spending so many hours a day being outraged on the internet.
Absolutely. It’s actually quite uncomfortable to listen to her 20 minute videos. There was an influencer who was dropped by Grazia (Stephanie Yeboah) and I don’t think I once heard Aja saying that Stephanie’s comments were problematic? I find it baffling!

Reactions: 4
Absolutely. It’s actually quite uncomfortable to listen to her 20 minute videos. There was an influencer who was dropped by Grazia (Stephanie Yeboah) and I don’t think I once heard Aja saying that Stephanie’s comments were problematic? I find it baffling!
No self-respecting ~expert~ spends all day screaming at their phone, recording +20 minute videos and doing Instagram Lives about individuals she hates on the internet. for what?? these rants make her look unhinged. I can't imagine anyone in the professional world taking her seriously.

Oh yeah something else I just remembered!!

When it was the American election, my husband was saying how it looked obvious that Biden was on track to win. But I followed Aja and she’d put up ‘well done white women you fucked it up’ or something to that effect!!! I thought that suggested Trump would win... but I was like wow! Imagine changing the words in that to quote another ethnic group... it would be unacceptable!!

I think I unfollowed her around this time as I was so fed up of her constant negativity. I don’t know why she was ranting on her stories about white women ruining everything, because Biden won and let’s be honest the white women who follow her are not the types to be voting for trump, plus I think a big chunk of her audience are British anyway, so couldn’t vote at all. So I don’t really know who she was ranting to, and whose mind that rant was going to change. Biden won, so I don’t know why she was focusing on the Trump vote at all, a majority is a majority no matter how many votes are in it.

Reactions: 6
I think I unfollowed her around this time as I was so fed up of her constant negativity. I don’t know why she was ranting on her stories about white women ruining everything, because Biden won and let’s be honest the white women who follow her are not the types to be voting for trump, plus I think a big chunk of her audience are British anyway, so couldn’t vote at all. So I don’t really know who she was ranting to, and whose mind that rant was going to change. Biden won, so I don’t know why she was focusing on the Trump vote at all, a majority is a majority no matter how many votes are in it.
I know. Like ok maybe she could have done some kind of post election breakdown with areas that were Republican strongholds with ‘there’s work to be done’ vibes. But it wasn’t. It was all pics of her family and how they’d ‘done the right thing’ and how everyone else was a huge issue. It’s mad to be honest.

Don’t even get me started on how problematic Biden is!!!! This stuff doesn’t even get a mention it’s like she loves to just rant and moan and do nothing but claims to ‘do the work’.

Reactions: 5
it’s like she loves to just rant and moan and do nothing but claims to ‘do the work’.
Aja rants loud enough and for long enough that it convinces people she really is ~doing something~ but really she's a bitter woman who loves the sound of her own voice too much!

• Haha
  • Wow
Also, her issue with voting on Boris Johnson was based on comments he made that were racist. So why would she expect Jewish people to vote for corbyn with a clear anti semitism issue in the party? You can’t have the monopoly on trauma.

Also, her issue with voting on Boris Johnson was based on comments he made that were racist. So why would she expect Jewish people to vote for corbyn with a clear anti semitism issue in the party? You can’t have the monopoly on trauma.
because she's blind to her own double standards. if you questioned her on this she'd send her followers to pile onto you for being racist because you "went in the DMs of a black woman uninvited" and she'd have some crappy excuse for why it's OK for her to be discriminatory towards Jewish people

womans got issues

Reactions: 7
because she's blind to her own double standards. if you questioned her on this she'd send her followers to pile onto you for being racist because you "went in the DMs of a black woman uninvited" and she'd have some crappy excuse for why it's OK for her to be discriminatory towards Jewish people

womans got issues
Totally agree. You’re spot on. It’s madness. Glad some other people agree. She seemed untouchable. There’s an influencer called Sarah Albertine who she piled in on and blocked. Strange when she’s all ‘cancel, cancel culture’

TStrange when she’s all ‘cancel, cancel culture’
that's a new thing Aja has started doing and I think it's because she went really hard on trying to cancel people and realised people were going to call her out on her own bullshit bullying tactics if she didn't pivot towards the anti-cancel culture movement that's kicking up right now.

I’m so glad someone has started a thread on her, I thought it was just me that found her so negative. I don’t like Lucy and Yak, and there fans seemed awful towards her, but I did wonder at the time why they were ‘outed’ as she must speak to lots of brands and most places aren’t sustainable and size inclusive?

I’m so glad someone has started a thread on her, I thought it was just me that found her so negative. I don’t like Lucy and Yak, and there fans seemed awful towards her, but I did wonder at the time why they were ‘outed’ as she must speak to lots of brands and most places aren’t sustainable and size inclusive?
there's lots of people who don't like aja and see through her bullshit but won't say anything (not publicly at least!) because they know she'll send her followers to pile onto them. It's part of the reason why Aja seems so popular in certain online spaces. she's literally scared people into not speaking out. even if she's politely told her "facts" are wrong, she claims she's being attacked.

Aja isn't an expert in sustainability. she doesn't have any credetials apart from her instagram following. She maintains her "authority" by bulling people with the threat of being called out as racist if you dare disagree with her. she's very manipulative. Especially now with this bullshit "anti cancel culture" stuff she's promoting. She must see her own hypocrisy?

I actually think aja is a very insecure woman whose response is to lash out at other people as a copying mechanism. It upsets her to hear it because it's true: she really is a mean person. I said it before and I'll said it again: I hope Aja is in therapy. It's not healthy to be online ranting as much as she does.

Here Aja, influencer, doesn’t want you to DM her... it’s emotional Labour it ‘pertains Labour’ I honestly can’t believe it... answering a Dm is £10 fee nowadays 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha