Age gaps

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's a year older than me and been together 6 years - we were mates at uni but didn't get together til a couple of years later 😊 have had exes both older and younger though lol

Reactions: 2
Currently single but all my ex partners are 6 years older than me, for some reason I can’t escape men born in ‘79. There was a 24 year age gap between my parents though, they lasted 12 years and according to family members they were a fantastic couple and were so happy and brilliant together. Sadly my mum wanted even more, but I think she ended up regretting it.

Reactions: 1
Just under 4 years.
I'm 29, almost 30(female) and he's 26.
People were judgy at first about the age gap. We have been together 6 years, own a house and getting married. But I had to endure lots of jokes about me being a cougar.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Just under 4 years for us too, I’m 33, he’s 37.

god I feel old writing that down, I swear I’m still 25 really

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m curious to know (and super nosey!) what’s everyone’s age gaps in their relationships?
I seem to be searching the internet for an age gap as large as mine 😂🙈
Please share! What’s your age gap? How did you meet? How long have you been together?!

Our age gap is 26 years. We met at work. We’ve been together for nearly 2 years.
My sisters is about the same as yours. He is in his 90s and she is early 70s and they have been together since she was 21.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
About 15 years (him older), I wouldn't want to do much more personally. It doesn't make a difference often but I'm sure it will make more of a difference when we're older. I'm trying to get us into a financial position where we can have a paid off house and I don't have to work full-time up to state pension age.

I'm 4.5 years older than my husband. He was only 19 when we met. Was only supposed to be a bit of fun 🤣 (11 years ago!)

Don’t mind you being nosey at all! My nosey ness prompted me to create this thread! My partner is the older one. I’m 29 and he’s 55.
A girl I know from school has a husband with a similar age gap (I believe), but she's 38. They have two kids. Honestly it looks like grandad is out with his grandkids. Personal choice, but it's too big a gap for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
My husband is 18 months older than me. We met at work. Had the interview on the same day then started working together on the same day.
Together 13 yrs, married for 8 and have 3 kids

• Heart
I'm 4.5 years older than my husband. He was only 19 when we met. Was only supposed to be a bit of fun 🤣 (11 years ago!)

A girl I know from school has a husband with a similar age gap (I believe), but she's 38. They have two kids. Honestly it looks like grandad is out with his grandkids. Personal choice, but it's too big a gap for me.
Yeah he’s a similar age to my parents (partner is 55, my mum is 54 and my dad is 58.) I’m happy, obviously, but people do think he’s my dad a lot and that’s not nice to deal with!

My husband is 18 months older than me. We met at work. Had the interview on the same day then started working together on the same day.
Together 13 yrs, married for 8 and have 3 kids
that sounds so romantic! ❤

• Heart
Yeah he’s a similar age to my parents (partner is 55, my mum is 54 and my dad is 58.) I’m happy, obviously, but people do think he’s my dad a lot and that’s not nice to deal with!

that sounds so romantic! ❤
Does it bother your parents or do they all get along?

Does it bother your parents or do they all get along?
They get along incredibly well!
I think it helps massively that my ex husband was/is a total waste of space and always sponged off me. I paid for everything while he barely worked. My Dad especially always vocalised that he thought I could do better. In the end my marriage failed (as my Dad knew it would). I was nervous to tell my Dad at first when I’d met my partner but he was really happy for us! I think it helps that my partner is a surgeon and my Dad has quite old fashioned views about me being ‘looked after’. Obviously I can and do look after myself and make my own money but my Dad never liked how much my husband took advantage of that!

They get along incredibly well!
I think it helps massively that my ex husband was/is a total waste of space and always sponged off me. I paid for everything while he barely worked. My Dad especially always vocalised that he thought I could do better. In the end my marriage failed (as my Dad knew it would). I was nervous to tell my Dad at first when I’d met my partner but he was really happy for us! I think it helps that my partner is a surgeon and my Dad has quite old fashioned views about me being ‘looked after’. Obviously I can and do look after myself and make my own money but my Dad never liked how much my husband took advantage of that!
Really sorry you went through a crap time with you ex but it’s lovely you got your happy ending like we all deserve! Yeah I know what you mean about dads wanting us girls to be looked after. I’m really independent, earn my own money etc but my husband gives me a great life, yes we work together to achieve everything we have but his like mindiness makes it.
We’ve a 6 year age gap, I’m 34 and he is 40. Both of us married before and now trying for a baby together (I don’t have kids, he has a son)

• Heart
Six year gap husband is older.

Been married almost seven years and together ten.

3 years. I’m 25 and he’ll be 28 soon. We’re both still in uni so it feels like no difference at all honestly.

He’s 6 months and 5 days older than me 🥰 met at our local park. Childhood sweethearts lol we’ve been together from we were 15!

• Heart