Age gap in a relationship?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My biggest was 10 years but I would go up to 20, depends on the person really.
I know someone who is 21 who goes out with a 61 year old and i find that iffy, not morally or anything but more becasue they are at very different points in life at those ages.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Update. We are still currently talking and getting to know each other I really don’t see the age as a problem as he seems to be everything I’m looking for! Is it too good to be true?!

Reactions: 1
Update. We are still currently talking and getting to know each other I really don’t see the age as a problem as he seems to be everything I’m looking for! Is it too good to be true?!
I would personally say enjoy it and go for it - but cautiously so! Make sure you're on the same page with things you want to do over the next years if you can find that stuff out without sounding too creepy 😂I love my older boyfriend and couldn't ever imagine dating a man my age now (late 20s). We've been together 4 years now and have a gap of 14 years.

There are a lot of benefits an older person can have (maturity, gone through their fuckboy years already, know what they want in life) but there is a risk of them being immature, having lots of baggage, things like that. Just trust your gut on the downsides and the vibes you get from that.

I would personally say enjoy it and go for it - but cautiously so! Make sure you're on the same page with things you want to do over the next years if you can find that stuff out without sounding too creepy 😂I love my older boyfriend and couldn't ever imagine dating a man my age now (late 20s). We've been together 4 years now and have a gap of 14 years.

There are a lot of benefits an older person can have (maturity, gone through their fuckboy years already, know what they want in life) but there is a risk of them being immature, having lots of baggage, things like that. Just trust your gut on the downsides and the vibes you get from that.
I’m just wondering why there’s no ex wife or kids?? Sometimes I feel it’s a little suspicious

With me it's because he was with a partner for over ten years who didn't want kids or marriage. So it could just be fortunate that they avoided that.

But yeah think that's why it's important to go forward cautiously firstly so if it does go wrong you can protect yourself. But honestly I feel like in life the stuff you regret the most in your 20s is the stuff you didn't do haha.

I think I win the chat? My ex was 20 years older than me 😇

Saying it now does sound a bit weird. But he looks a lot younger and aside from that I have never met someone that is exactly like me on all levels. He was very active (more than me and I’m quite active), we’d go for adventures, we had the same outlook on life and constantly looked for ways to improve ourselves, he was open to new opinions and views. I’m also very ‘mature’ I’d say, I don’t drink and I’m a home body who just wants to be happy.

It took me a long time (while we were friends and deciding if we wanted to take it further) to really decide if I could commit to the life long journey with him (I.e would I want to care for him when he gets older) and the answer was yes, any day.

I’d be skeptical if a friend were in my position as I know it’s not the norm but we had beautiful times and experiences together.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have a friend in his early 50's who has never married or had kids. He looks young for his age and is nice looking. He travelled a lot and I suppose he never met the right person but he says when he uses dating sites women don't believe he's single or that he's never married or had kids!

I’m 40 and husband is 51. Can’t say it’s ever made any difference in all honesty. Maybe just the era of music we’re into?! He starts talking about all the 80’s music he was into in his teens and I’m like “Erm yea I was still in nappies when that came out 🥱.”

Reactions: 3
When I was 16 I was seeing a 32 year old, I was tall and lied and said I was 20. I dont know if we believed it. It was a summer thing and so I wasn't it school. September came and he saw me in town in my school uniform. Rather oddly it didn't stop him trying it on. I looked him up on Facebook, his daughter is in her 20s with a family of her own and so he's a grandad and his current girlfriend looks about mid 20s too. Grim. My husband is 8 years older and it is just perfect

Reactions: 2
25 years. :) Absolute time of my life, nobody else’s judgement matters. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m 27 and my partners 37 & the age gap rarely pops in my head, we both act the same age (I don’t know if that’s me behaving older or him behaving younger)

We do cringe when we talk about things we used to watch on tv (programmes that weren’t around when he was a kid) and things like school, I left in 2009 & he left in 1999 which just seems mental!

When I was 24 my ex was 44. Loved being with an older man but it made me realise how different we were due to the age gap and how we were at different stages in our life. It really opened my eyes up. Not saying I wouldn’t do it again but I’d be more picky and would needed to suss out what they want and don’t want

When I was 24 my ex was 44. Loved being with an older man but it made me realise how different we were due to the age gap and how we were at different stages in our life. It really opened my eyes up. Not saying I wouldn’t do it again but I’d be more picky and would needed to suss out what they want and don’t want
Same age gap as me and my ex! I love an older man. Only issue was he wasn’t sure on kids (I mean you kind of should have an idea if you want them at 46) and I very much do! But I had no issue other than that so I’d still welcome a 20 year gap if the right person came along 😂

Same age gap as me and my ex! I love an older man. Only issue was he wasn’t sure on kids (I mean you kind of should have an idea if you want them at 46) and I very much do! But I had no issue other than that so I’d still welcome a 20 year gap if the right person came along 😂
Older men are SO attractive! My bf now is 7 years older but I’m always checking out men who are 20-30 years older 😂

My partner is 16 years older and I met him when I was 23. Personally I like older men.
The only times when age gaps really bother me is when they look like your grandad or nan.
My friend married a guy 14 years older than her but because he works outside in the sun all day he looks like a raisin. And she is incredibly petite and baby faced. At 38 she can still pass for 25. So they look super creepy together

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Well i'm 45 now and think i've done the full spectrum, been with someone 12 years older, 14 years younger and have recently been hit on and asked on a date by a 19 year old 😂

• Haha
My ex was 12 years older than me. We were only together for about a year until i went off with a Turkish guy I met on holiday! 😂😂
But he was 39 I think and had 4 kids (All boys aged 6,11,13 and15) and had been married before. He was also a very successful business man.
I was about 27 when we met and we were total opposites. It didn’t work.
I wasn’t as mature or Independent as him and he couldn’t have ever made me happy and I’m sure I couldn’t have made him happy. We were in completely different pages. I was well out of my depth because I’d never had children and still don’t. I wanted to go out and go on dates, I didn’t want to sit in and babysit. He was always working and never really dedicated any time to us. He expected me to cook for the kids when it was his time to have them and sort of be a babysitter. We went on our first holiday with the kids and it was disaster- he slept by the pool and I just looked after the kids - one night he promised we could have a drink by the bar, so I got all ready and then he just lay on the bed and said he was going to watch the football match!! and that’s when I went to the bar myself and got with this Turkish animation guy! And we then got separate rooms and that was it. Was a brilliant holiday after that!
But we weren’t compatible, I wasn’t mature enough back then and he had lived his youth and had all this responsibly and I was a free spirit.
I don’t regret the relationship because I went on to fall In love with the Turkish guy, have my heart broken by him and learnt many lessons in love (we still remain friends however) and now Iv met my perfect guy who was at the same stage of his life than me, he is 4 years younger but he has no kids and we now live together and are trying for a baby.
But I would never have got with my ex if I had known what I know now. It was all just too much of an age gap for me.