After Giving Birth - what was your first meal?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
C section for both births. First sandwich and soup. Second was during lockdown and they had no food for me. Midwife found oats on the breakfast trolley for me

• Sad
Reactions: 1
This thread made me have tea and toast for breakfast. Left the toast to go slightly cold before spreading salted butter over, the best 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had a home birth and still had toast after but I did have peanut butter on mine.

I had my baby late at night so hubby got us McDonald’s breakfast the next day and that was delicious!

Reactions: 3
A couple of hospital biscuits which I threw up right away 🤣
My hospital don’t do toast 😮 bread only apparently. Who wants bread & jam!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Tea and toast first time.
Tea and toast with a side of Oramorph second time. Top notch 👌

Last edited:
  • Haha
Ok bonus question,
did anyone take a photo of their hospital food/post birth meal.

i love this tit.

888F87EB-7D32-4CB0-98E7-1C62D4B61812.jpeg

best photo 😆
67137F6F-D095-4788-A448-65C863C442F6.jpeg

too classy, you’ll be hungry again in no time.

8DD84438-7395-457C-8343-7EC33178E51D.jpeg

husband is a wanker sleeping with the office girl ordering a post meal delivery from the ivy clearly.

17D96DB1-C471-426F-B3F4-B053E5F2CA66.jpeg

bloody hell the japan meals!!!!!!!!! An ex pat in Japan.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
A Chinese when I got home on the Monday night. I gave birth on the Saturday at 11pm and hated the hospital food so I didn’t touch it 😳 I don’t know how I survived and it was before the days of ordering from food apps (2009) 😅

Reactions: 2
Weetabix 🤣

I did save some jelly from the night before that had melted over night 🤣 tasted vile.

Toast every time. Absolutely shockingly bad, cold, hard, dry toast. I'm fairly sure I packed snacks though.

The first meal at home was far better. After our second my husband made me a picnic of all the things I hadn't been able to eat - sushi, runny eggs and paté etc. Similar after the third but more last minute, near sell by date, supermarket sushi, kind of style.

He'd clearly lost will to live by the fourth and fifth time around though - we ordered pizza 🍕😋.

• Heart
Best post of this thread, glad I started it.. :LOL: :LOL:
I love a good hospital food photo anyway 😂
I love when people upload something that resembles congealed slop from the Oliver Twist film set 😂

Best post of this thread, glad I started it.. :LOL: :LOL:
excellent thread by the way, I love the random ones so much 😂😂

• Heart
Ok bonus question,
did anyone take a photo of their hospital food/post birth meal.

i love this tit.

View attachment 672804
best photo 😆View attachment 672806

too classy, you’ll be hungry again in no time.

View attachment 672805

husband is a wanker sleeping with the office girl ordering a post meal delivery from the ivy clearly.

View attachment 672807

bloody hell the japan meals!!!!!!!!! An ex pat in Japan.
OMG this is amazing!!! It’s making me want to do it all again and do the post birth meal Properly 🤦‍♀️🤣🤣 I just felt too tired to be arsed eating or thinkin g about what to eat. Sis in law brought maccies later that day and I couldn’t be arsed and that is not like me at all! I could have had one of everything and no one could say anything but it just felt like too much effort.

• Haha
Tea and toast, it was so nice. I couldn’t stop thinking about it afterwards 😍😂

• Heart
I honestly can’t remember what I had with my 1st son 21yrs ago but my 2nd son who turns 12 in October they gave me Luke warm coffee & selection of biscuits that you get complementary in hotels 2 custard creams & 2 bourbons, He was born on a Monday 2:11am & we was back home at just gone 9:30am 😂 i didn’t register my youngest until 43 days later got a right telling off from the registrar 🤦‍♀️

Same here! I was so jealous of all my friends at home in UK/Ireland with all the talk of the famous tea and toast. I gave birth at 9pm, back up to the room at 1am and cracked open my bag of snacks like choc rice cakes etc. Midwife offered me a yogurt or rich tea biscuits or a juice box, she balked when I said I wanted all three! I sent my husband out the next morning for tea, ham and cheese baguettes and plenty of pastries and that's what we lived on whilst in hospital as couldn't face the fish/lentils/fried veg on offer.
That was the best part of it all, the knock on the door in the evening offering biscuits, yogurts or coffee! We had snacks packed but everyday was just a game of wtf will we get today? 🤣🤣 same as yourself, lentils, fish...will never say no to tortilla though! Did you have a room just yourself and hubby or did you have to share?