After Giving Birth - what was your first meal?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like a plate full of maggots :sick:
Are you allowed to bring food into hospitals? I was in for 4 weeks and had to eat the stinking slop wasn't even allowed a pre packed sandwich, but I obviously closed my bed curtains and did anyway.

Reactions: 2
Im in Spain. I gave birth at 10pm and didn't get back upto our bed until 1am. Dinner was already in the room when we got back- it was lukewarm at that stage, white fish, rice and peas and some noodle soup. I would have given anything for some simple tea and toast 🤣

Reactions: 3
I had some weird beef covered in sauce that was so overdone i was chewing for so long the midwife apologised for me! She even cut it up (or tried to) and fed me god bless her. I was so grateful!

i had the obligatory coffee and toast after my waters had been broken and it was god tier food. DELICIOUS!

Reactions: 4
Am I the only bastard who never got toast??

DS1 - Shitey dry baked potato after vomming my lovely Indian takeaway in the early stages of labour.

DS2 - Waters broke at 7pm just as I was about to have my dinner. Luckily I had packed a bag of Skittles in my hospital bag so I inhaled them after he arrived. Personally I would have eaten that curry in the OP as I was fecking starving. Because it was late evening, the kitchens were closed. The midwives raided their coffee stash for me and even scrounged a couple of biscuits too. BUT NO bleeping TOAST!

There were some quite overdone veggie burgers available on the lunch menu that day, but they still tasted fantastic and I devoured them! I also only remember it took an age to walk to the breakfast room to have bowls of cereal. I don’t remember any toast though! Plus you could miss out on a cup of tea if you weren’t in your bed (I can’t recall how it all worked now). It was so lovely to get home.

The toast at my hospital was tit. The meals were nice, mind.

Once home though, a curry. Every time!

Looks like a plate full of maggots :sick:
Are you allowed to bring food into hospitals? I was in for 4 weeks and had to eat the stinking slop wasn't even allowed a pre packed sandwich, but I obviously closed my bed curtains and did anyway.
My OH brought in stuff. Had a takeaway from a chicken shop after my second was born

Am I the only bastard who never got toast??

DS1 - Shitey dry baked potato after vomming my lovely Indian takeaway in the early stages of labour.

DS2 - Waters broke at 7pm just as I was about to have my dinner. Luckily I had packed a bag of Skittles in my hospital bag so I inhaled them after he arrived. Personally I would have eaten that curry in the OP as I was fecking starving. Because it was late evening, the kitchens were closed. The midwives raided their coffee stash for me and even scrounged a couple of biscuits too. BUT NO bleeping TOAST!
Same here. Once baby was born it was up to the ward to get ready to go home, no waiting around to snack 😛

Reactions: 1
Toast with butter on and cuppa tea after each labour. I don't eat butter, toast or drink tea but my god, it was the best meal after child birth for some reason.
Then the next day, it was NHS veggie Sunday roast which was ONE ROAST POTATO for child 1. Child 2 it was cornflakes and tomato juice courtesy of NHS again. Child 3 I just went home and called by McDs on the way home for a happy meal.

My mum brought in Christmas ham sandwiches wrapped in foil after the hubby called her as he tit himself i had a contraction (was induced). I was at the time like for gods sake mum why do I want that. Turned out after major surgery and blood transfusions, laid alone with my new bambino starving. Best dam sandwich I've ever had 😊

Reactions: 4
Tea and toast at the hospital straight after, with my son I went home the next day and had corned beef and cucumber sandwiches with my nanny, then my husband ordered us a massive dominoes, literally every side dish they sold as he knows me so well, it was amazing! We just had it on the side and grazed all night haha!
With my daughter I went home within a couple of hours of having her, so sat and ate a tube of pringles in the car lol my husband cooked us burger and chips for dinner the next day, It was a cheddar and chorizo burger, it was so good, But he's never been able to recreate it as well since.

Love this 🤣🤣 been reading the LG thread for a while but I don’t really comment. My jaw hit the floor when I saw that meal but why am I not surprised. Anyone eating spicy food is insane. Imagine her first poo 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴 which is hell regardless!!!

I obv had toast and a coffee, I went off tea and coffee my whole pregnancy so loved every last drop 🤣 then it was just fruit I think. I didn’t really eat much I was fucked and in agony haha

Im in Spain. I gave birth at 10pm and didn't get back upto our bed until 1am. Dinner was already in the room when we got back- it was lukewarm at that stage, white fish, rice and peas and some noodle soup. I would have given anything for some simple tea and toast 🤣
Same here! I was so jealous of all my friends at home in UK/Ireland with all the talk of the famous tea and toast. I gave birth at 9pm, back up to the room at 1am and cracked open my bag of snacks like choc rice cakes etc. Midwife offered me a yogurt or rich tea biscuits or a juice box, she balked when I said I wanted all three! I sent my husband out the next morning for tea, ham and cheese baguettes and plenty of pastries and that's what we lived on whilst in hospital as couldn't face the fish/lentils/fried veg on offer.

Babies 1 and 3 were born at night so toast .

Baby 2 was born in the afternoon so I got my tea. It was sweet and sour chicken and it was so nice

We got a leaflet in the door at home for meals on wheels and they had sweet and sour chicken that looked the same. I almost considered ordering some.

Toast and tea on the recovery ward! Fish and chips hospital food the next day. On the way home stopped off for chips and gravy from the chip shop!

Lauren Goodger gave birth, her meal??

SO Ladies, what did you feast on after giving birth to your children?
Lukewarm toast and marmalade with a brew from the midwives - best.meal.ever
Normally hate cold toast but after 48hrs of Labour and a traumatic few hours at the end I think I’d have enjoyed a scabby dog. Didn’t realise how hungry I was or how comforting tea and toast could be

The traditional tea and toast from the hospital all three times.
It's like nectar, I never had tea and toast that tastes that good again.

• Heart
I had an emergency c at 2 am and was a bit out of it after. Was brought some tea and toast in recovery and my fecking husband ate it! And they wouldn't give me anymore 🥺 he apologised but I was fuming. I literally wouldn't even look at him in recovery. There was nothing to eat on the ward, no more tea, no more toast so I think I had a battered Jordans frusli bar that I found at the bottom of my bag at about 4am. Had a dominoes when I got home - still wasn't talking to my husband at this point

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I must admit - the first poo post birth never bothered me? But then I have IBS so wonder if my body was being kind to me 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow