After Giving Birth - what was your first meal?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby 1 - toast and a coffee which was promptly thrown up.

Baby 2 - toast and coffee which (of course) I threw up. Managed a sausage and egg bagel with extra sausage on the way home though. (Managed to keep that down)

Can’t remember what my first proper meal was, probably McDonald’s or something. But I remember after having my second, I absolutely devoured the toast they gave me after giving birth, like I’d never eaten in my life. I’m usually quite fussy with regards to the brand of the bread and butter when I have toast, but after Labour I honestly didn’t care. It’s was the most glorious slice of toast I’ve ever had. Low blood sugar is a hell of a drug.

Didn’t eat the toast provided with my eldest as I just didn’t want it. I was induced and ended up with an epidural.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
With my first I don't remember but with my second I had orange squash and toast. It honestly tasted amazing I had about 3 glasses of squash and then threw up everywhere

A Yoghurt 🤣 I'm gluten free so the hospital couldn't give me toast 🤣

Still not got my appetite back despite breast feeding either (5 days pp) can't wait for a steak dinner with a rare steak but 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Toast which I ate one slice of and then husband ate the rest as I felt too sick. Then I was nil by mouth for 5 days following some complications. Think I just snacked on yoghurt until I came home and then my mum made me chicken casserole and it was the best thing ever!

That was the best part of it all, the knock on the door in the evening offering biscuits, yogurts or coffee! We had snacks packed but everyday was just a game of wtf will we get today? 🤣🤣 same as yourself, lentils, fish...will never say no to tortilla though! Did you have a room just yourself and hubby or did you have to share?

So true about wtf will it be today, we were the same and kept taking photos of the food that arrived cus it was so random. We got pasta delivered both nights we were there cus I just couldn't face fish 😂 We had a room to ourselves thankfully which was great - how about you? It was September last year so all the COVID protocol in place and I was v thankful to have a room to ourselves and that my husband could be with me throughout.

After my first a mcdo double cheeseburger with large fries and Coke.
After my second a bacon double cheese XL meal from BK 🤣 rank but enjoyed every single bite of it.