Adverts you hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is an atrocious perfume advert on All 4 at the moment which uses a downright offensive cover of Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence sung by some wailing banshee with the most generic-sounding EDM backing music. I have taken to muting it whenever it comes on as with the Nationwide spoken poetry adverts. Just tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Claudia Winkleman doing another awful head and shoulders shampoo advert

Reactions: 6
Omg Philip schofield on the steering wheel of the car. What company thought he’d help sell?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This has me in a rage every time LOL but I can’t decide if it’s genius for making you look at the screen every time in confusion about hearing Christmas music or just lazy and annoying
Why are they not using "On the Beach" by Chris Rhea anyway ? Its more appropriate than a Christmas song surely?

Reactions: 5
Why are they not using "On the Beach" by Chris Rhea anyway ? Its more appropriate than a Christmas song surely?
On The Beach isn’t as perky & positive as The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year. Chris Rea wasn’t exactly known for his breezy personality. I do remember a dance song that sampled On The Beach many years ago, again it was a cool calming version of the song.

They could remix it to make it sound a bit more happier

Reactions: 6
Saw an ad last night for Thortful cards. Some weird couple making screeching animal noises at eachother. Hideous.

ETA: Sorry, just seen that it's been mentioned recently. Haven't been on this thread for a while but I had to make an exception for this abomination.

Reactions: 10
There is an atrocious perfume advert on All 4 at the moment which uses a downright offensive cover of Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence sung by some wailing banshee with the most generic-sounding EDM backing music. I have taken to muting it whenever it comes on as with the Nationwide spoken poetry adverts. Just tit.
Oh that advert brings me to rage. I love the original. They do it all the time. Electric Dreams being another. Just stop it 🤢

Reactions: 5
The advert that uses an acoustic version of Stand By Me by Oasis. I think it's a bank advert. Ear-spltting.

Reactions: 9
I think they’re for Tui but I can’t stand those ads that use the Jess Glynne song ‘Hold my Hand’. They’re usually really loud and all of a sudden you’ll get ‘DARLIN’ HOLD MY HAND’ blasted at you, sung by someone who sounds just like one of those screaming goats you see in YouTube videos.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think they’re for Tui but I can’t stand those ads that use the Jess Glynne song ‘Hold my Hand’. They’re usually really loud and all of a sudden you’ll get ‘DARLIN’ HOLD MY HAND’ blasted at you, sung by someone who sounds just like one of those screaming goats you see in YouTube videos.
Its Jet2. I’ve never been on a Jet2 flight but apparently that song gets played when you are on/getting on the plane as well so there is no escaping it

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Its Jet2. I’ve never been on a Jet2 flight but apparently that song gets played when you are on/getting on the plane as well so there is no escaping it
Imagine starting your holiday like that and having it stuck in your head for the rest of the fortnight 😵

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The advert that uses an acoustic version of Stand By Me by Oasis. I think it's a bank advert. Ear-spltting.
It's a Halifax one - I HATE their "#ItsAPeopleThing" campaign

The ad also shows different people using a completely normal bench. Like hell a busy town centre will have a bench that isn't modified into hostile architecture so that homeless people can't sleep on it!

Reactions: 4
Dear God, that’s definitely a human rights issue. Imagine if your takeoff is delayed and you have to listen to that for hours and hours and hours and …

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Every other advert banging on about their green/vegan/plant-based/carbon-neutral credentials.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.