Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

eggbutty

Member
the old one was bad enough
'I wannabyaabarrachocklit.............................................." ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH 🤬
Bring back the gorilla playing the drums!
Hahaha I was gonna say the 'wannabyaabarrachocklit, itsformamum' advert!
I haven't heard it on Youtube for a while though thank feck (y)
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

emmer_moans

VIP Member
The tiktok advert on youtube. "That's what tik tok's for". "dooo do doo" then again "that's what tiktok's for!"

:eek:
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 3

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
It would be interesting to know how many viewers fully/properly take notice of adverts these days. Years ago with very few channels, adverts were just an extension of a programme's entertainment. These days, If watching on catch up, I quickly skip past them. When watching live, I use the opportunity to do something else. I notice the ads with music I know and like, but just to hear not to watch.

When I am actually concentrating, I've noticed so many adverts just have people dancing and prancing - what's that all about? Something on the cheap and lazy that doesn't require any thought of a storyline?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
That soddin older couple dancing,when advert starts the bloke is just dad dancing then dances with the wife,I can’t remember the name but it’s older people insurance I think..It’s for British Seniors.☹
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 3

Sancrow

Well-known member
That car advert with that blonde woman,the way she says 'Jonathan' like she is waiting in the bedroom for him wearing a leather catsuit and holding a whip.

The one for a cheap funeral/cremation package with the old girl 🤬 it says, Mum always said, if it’s good enough for the rich and famous, it’s good enough for her. But she didn’t though did she?! Like who would say that?! 🤣 then the bit she pretends to sing with headphones on, hate it so much haha
I think that advert is really distasteful.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
That bloody advert for men's pants (underwear) that "don't ride up".They look like they're sprayed on and I can't zoom in quickly enough 😳🤣🤣
Step One pants - perhaps some of the worst adverts I've ever seen alonside Calgon and Verisure

I get Irish telly here on my satellite box (no I have no idea why seeing as it was bought in Kent).

Currently they are running this truly bizarre ad to which I can readily state completely baffles me, its not for a Product nor a service, its just a collection of unconnected random images like two blokes snogging or a dozen or so boulders levitating over a river with the soundtrack of some geezer witterring-on equally random drivel. All you get at the end are three letters onscreen - I can't recall what they are - and thats it!

I'm wondering because its so weird if its irish Channel 4 pr something?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 3

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
deffo the Galbani adverts as above

add to that the Gala Bingo advert with that girl from tattoo fixers playing the guitar with her feet 🤢

oh and that ducks in a row advert that I think is for an estate agent company
HATE the Galbani one. Ga-baaaan-e

There's also one about releasing equity from your home and the stupid family are singing in the street. I just googled it and it's called 'Key equity release' :mad::mad::mad:
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
That Omaze competition advert. The woman is beyond annoying "you could win a 3 million pound house"
I never seen anybody talk the way the Omaze woman does. She’s talks while grinning at the same time and she has a strange tone to her voice

Also the houses they give away are beautiful but they would be a nightmare to maintain and clean
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 3

emm

VIP Member
The ones trying to flog the Royal Mint coins, and the ones with the word searches in to win prizes. Piss off 🤣
I had never really watched daytime TV until lockdown and being furloughed, but pretty much ALL daytime advertising is this, who is buying things like these coins?!

I never seen anybody talk the way the Omaze woman does. She’s talks while grinning at the same time and she has a strange tone to her voice

Also the houses they give away are beautiful but they would be a nightmare to maintain and clean
I always think about this, if I won a house like this (not that I would ever enter such a competition) I would deifnitely sell it, maintaing the house would be so much work, not just in terms of cleaning but in terms of heating etc, it would be so expensive
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3

House of Tea

VIP Member
I'm actually incredibly surprised they used real tweets. Presumed they were all made up.
I'm conflicted about Claudia Winkleman. I quite like her but she irritates me to death. And I can't watch her. So not that conflicted then.
Yes, it would have been just as easy to make them up. The one that sticks in my head that they used (not mine as explained) was the one about her being an annoying personality vacuum, or something like that, they could have taken the gist of that and played about with it. As it was they had to contact us by tweet, and arrange to send NDAs out for us to sign. Which I didn’t because I was not bothered about it being used in an ad campaign. They went to a lot of trouble for a lot of naught really.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3