Adam the Woo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
B-b-b-ut he bought Disney stocks and DVC ...
Ah yes the woo wisdom, put all your money into one thing/ place that you end up spending all your money at....maybe if he spends enough money at Disney his stock will go up, it’s a money hack. “Want unlimited money like the Sims? Just buy Disney stock and then go spend thousands of dollars at Disney and soon enough you’re printing money!” - Adam the Woo, probably

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So I've watched the latest ATW video (God give me strength), butv
This new video of Adam's is so ridiculous. He keeps trying to say Patreon made it so hard to delete it. This new video is such ebegging. He literally bought a $175 light sabre in the previous video. Why is trying to guilt his fans to donate now through PayPal.

Adam is trying to say his Spreadshirt is now not for profit. That's not true at all. The shirts are still the exact same price.
So I've watched the latest ATW video (God give me strength), and he doesn't mention donating to his PayPal (does he even have one?!).

Will say, he reeks of a midlife crisis, there is no direction of his channel, and he just falls back to Disney content where he blows $200 on a lightsaber. Quite the stark difference to a man who said to live life simply.

Looking at his most recent metrics, the road trip did not translate to the views he expected so he has to fall back on Disney content. Maybe his next road trip should be to New York. There's no Disney, but I'm sure he can procure a many piping hot caffeinated beverages...

Reactions: 4
Looking at his most recent metrics, the road trip did not translate to the views he expected so he has to fall back on Disney content. Maybe his next road trip should be to New York. There's no Disney, but I'm sure he can procure a many piping hot caffeinated beverages...
Beyond the predicted-NYC-booty-call-with-the-"girlfriend"-that-never-came-to-be, what's with everyone's obsession with "sending" Woo off to NY lately?

Did I miss something somewhere where he referenced NY profusely!?!? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I suspect financially ATW is not doing too bad I also get the vibe he’s going through a bit of a mid-life crisis, while planning for the future. It seems clear to me ATW is realizing that bouncing between a bunch of location on various trips on end is not quite the same thing when you are nearing 50 as when you are in your early 40s. As someone close to his age, I can tell you I have less spring in my step now than when I was 42 or so. I suspect he has been socking away money especially since he does not have TTT expensI’ve tastes and overhead to worry over. He has hinted and outright said he wants to buy a house to “retire” to a few times over the last few years, and how much he loves the Pigeon Forge area of Tennessee. I do not think him buy DVC was random either. I think he sees it as pre-paid investment so he can travel to DL and WDW with having to make the same out of pocket expenses. I strongly suspect his plan is to buy a place in Tennessee and have his DVC to pay for Disney trips and cut back or end his channel in a few years. Given living expenses in Tennessee compared to California and the rising costs in Central Florida it is not a terrible plan. He could fall flat on his face if he does not have enough money saved. I do think ATW is feeling his age, but given his line and type of vlogging I think he knows he cannot do it much longer. I just suspect he is too impulsive to stick to a plan, and could see him moving to Tennessee or wherever getting bored and then doing some random stuff that he is not financially prepared to do. Rambling, speculative, but my thoughts.

Reactions: 5
Beyond the predicted-NYC-booty-call-with-the-"girlfriend"-that-never-came-to-be, what's with everyone's obsession with "sending" Woo off to NY lately?

Did I miss something somewhere where he referenced NY profusely!?!? :ROFLMAO:
Yep, it's because the booty call that never happened. I was quoting the guy that originally claimed this, and also mentioned Adam also had a PayPal, he doesn't (at least not to my knowledge)

I suspect financially ATW is not doing too bad I also get the vibe he’s going through a bit of a mid-life crisis, while planning for the future. It seems clear to me ATW is realizing that bouncing between a bunch of location on various trips on end is not quite the same thing when you are nearing 50 as when you are in your early 40s. As someone close to his age, I can tell you I have less spring in my step now than when I was 42 or so. I suspect he has been socking away money especially since he does not have TTT expensI’ve tastes and overhead to worry over. He has hinted and outright said he wants to buy a house to “retire” to a few times over the last few years, and how much he loves the Pigeon Forge area of Tennessee. I do not think him buy DVC was random either. I think he sees it as pre-paid investment so he can travel to DL and WDW with having to make the same out of pocket expenses. I strongly suspect his plan is to buy a place in Tennessee and have his DVC to pay for Disney trips and cut back or end his channel in a few years. Given living expenses in Tennessee compared to California and the rising costs in Central Florida it is not a terrible plan. He could fall flat on his face if he does not have enough money saved. I do think ATW is feeling his age, but given his line and type of vlogging I think he knows he cannot do it much longer. I just suspect he is too impulsive to stick to a plan, and could see him moving to Tennessee or wherever getting bored and then doing some random stuff that he is not financially prepared to do. Rambling, speculative, but my thoughts.

I could get onboard with your theory of him buying DVC if ATW was able to plan his trips more than a couple of months out at a time. DVC is running pretty close to sold out within that 7 month timeframe at all the WDW and DL resort areas. Easiest to find an opening at is SSR, but, and this tells us how bad the overage of points in the system is, even there is selling out.

To give an example, let me show you what I see on my end for just a studio sized room at Riveria, his home resort. It's like this across the board at all WDW/DL resorts... try stringing together a weeks stay at less than 7 months out. Even at 11 months out it can get hairy depending on which resort you own at, the dates, and room category/size one is looking for.

ATW's "investment" is going to be turned around on him and he'll be complaining to his viewers about all the rules and restrictions on reservations/cancellations.

1622035032669.png

1622035127963.png

His PayPal donate link is as he would say "fully operational":

I don't remember the last time he's asked people to PayPal donate to him and for all I know that link is a fraud but oh wait it is a direct link from his decrepit website (which who knows is this legitimate?):

Reactions: 1
His PayPal donate link is as he would say "fully operational":

I don't remember the last time he's asked people to PayPal donate to him and for all I know that link is a fraud but oh wait it is a direct link from his decrepit website (which who knows is this legitimate?):

Oh sh*t son

• Haha
So I've watched the latest ATW video (God give me strength), butv

So I've watched the latest ATW video (God give me strength), and he doesn't mention donating to his PayPal (does he even have one?!).

Will say, he reeks of a midlife crisis, there is no direction of his channel, and he just falls back to Disney content where he blows $200 on a lightsaber. Quite the stark difference to a man who said to live life simply.

While dodging bullets. NYC isn’t the “safe” place it used to be. Best to wait a year.

While dodging bullets. NYC isn’t the “safe” place it used to be. Best to wait a year.
Lived in New York all my life. I've heard about more shootings in Florida on an Orlando trip, than the 5 boroughs back home. Orange Blossom Trail is worse than 90% of Manhattan or Brooklyn.

U.S. Cities have been poorly invested in since WW2. They only began rebounding in the late '90s/early 2000's. 42nd. was the murder capital of the city, in 1987. Cops feared to tread there. Subway incidents are largely perpetrated by the mentally ill.

ATW has always been "flight or fright", living the nomadic life. The dude lived in a van. Forget "mid-life" crisis. He's had a post "high school" crisis since 18. His channel has always repeated theme park content, Kissimmee, and stuff along Rt. 192. The "road trips" were filler. The Viking Motel alone has at least 3 videos (one touring the former adjacent mini golf course, after the motel was demo'd). I don't think he's changed. We're all just tired of the same crap.

The Road Trip earned as many, if not less views than the Disney content. At a far greater cost. At least spending time with his father added a personal bonus. Considering COVID damn near shut the country down for so long, I can understand why he falls back to greatest hits mode. How many closed road side attractions can one stand? Even the small abandoned "downtowns" get boring. Abandoned store front after store front. It begins to look the same.

Adam took forever to shut down his Patreon. Meh. I don't care as long as he stopped pushing it. If people want to donate him money, that's their prerogative. It's hardly in my face. He doesn't even do the "like and subscribe" stuff any longer. He's not gifting cash via "super chats".

His channel will likely end sooner, rather than later. Adam seems tired. It's not hard work. Just repetitive and boring. As long as Adam can cover his Disney expenses via YT repeats, he'll likely feel content.

DVC and time shares in general are foolish. The hidden maintenance and ancillary fees are murderous. While DVC holds some resale value, the rest are toxic. The only good thing timeshares did for my family, was provide free tickets during the tours we took. We sure as heck weren't buying that stuff.

DVC and time shares in general are foolish. The hidden maintenance and ancillary fees are murderous. While DVC holds some resale value, the rest are toxic. The only good thing timeshares did for my family, was provide free tickets during the tours we took. We sure as heck weren't buying that stuff.
Careful not to paint every family with the same brush. DVC is dumb for anyone like Adam to have bought into as he will not be able to use it as intended, and the prices are now through the roof.

DVC was the best thing I could have done for my kids and myself when I bought in back over a decade ago. With it I was able to take them on about 20 trips in much better accommodations on Disney property than I otherwise would have been able to afford as a single mom with no child support coming in.

No regrets, it's been great and I look forward to many, many more trips to come.

Careful not to paint every family with the same brush. DVC is dumb for anyone like Adam to have bought into as he will not be able to use it as intended, and the prices are now through the roof.

DVC was the best thing I could have done for my kids and myself when I bought in back over a decade ago. With it I was able to take them on about 20 trips in much better accommodations on Disney property than I otherwise would have been able to afford as a single mom with no child support coming in.

No regrets, it's been great and I look forward to many, many more trips to come.
I'm glad DVC worked out for you. Getting in when you did, probably helped. Perhaps DVC isn't as draconian with the hidden maintenance and ancillary fees, as the outside time shares. You can find horror story after horror story on them. DVC can be sold, without taking a huge bath. So that's a plus over the rest.

I toured so many properties as a kid. Those free disney tickets helped fund our vacations. Watching Dad read through contracts in front of the salesman, shaped my opinion. They're insane for a majority of people. DVC was in its infancy, when we did the tours. So I can't comment about their "ToS" as much.

Adam is a college drop out (1 semester or less I think?) and had a career in retail where I think he never rose to management. So he was making peanuts in a dead end job. Even though he's talked about maxing out his credit cards to pay his taxes I suspect he is more financially savvy than he lets on. The pouring everything into Disney stock if true and if timed at the beginning of the pandemic might make him a tidy sum of money. DVC isn't a great investment but he can likely write most if not all of it off on his taxes as he is using it you produce his videos. I can see DVC working out for people who bought in early or just buy the points as a way to get a better on property experience.

Going back to his rambling video he mentioned going a giveaway later this year. If he comes through with this and it isn't tied to some merchandise sales (see a ton of car vloggers pulling this BS) I will be impressed. Hitchcock would be (mildly) proud.

I know this is an Adam thread, but we also talk BLAB here. You'd think maybe Katie could give it a rest about her disgust and frustration about mask rules. She keeps posting story after story on Instagram going off on strict mask rules she doesn't like. But she keeps saying how triggered and bothered people are getting in her stories, rolling her eyes at them, while she is... constantly bothered and whining about mask rules. She LOVES hearing herself talk. We subbed to their channel and now are unsubbing. It seems dumb AF to constantly witch on social media about rules and then say how so many people are triggered by what she says. Believe what you want about masks and rules, WHO CARES, just stop going on and on every day about it. Losing viewers seems like a great strategy just to chime in with 12 stories about how much you hate mask rules.

One thing I thought Adam might not have been aware of is the restrictions on Riviera resales. If you buy Riviera from Disney you can use points for whatever, but if you bought resale the points are only good at Riviera. So pretty much means if he decides not to keep it he will be reselling back to Disney for pennies because nobody will want it.

I see a trip to California in his future.
I know he said he decided to go to Cali a few months later than originally planned but I can’t remember if he said a month or not. I can see this working in his timeline though

One thing I thought Adam might not have been aware of is the restrictions on Riviera resales. If you buy Riviera from Disney you can use points for whatever, but if you bought resale the points are only good at Riviera. So pretty much means if he decides not to keep it he will be reselling back to Disney for pennies because nobody will want it.
I imagine he sat there with a glazed look in his eye when the fine print details were being discussed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.