Adam Hattan #11 The sidekick in his own life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here's the entirety of Adam's letter to himself.
1000004891.png

1000004892.png

Interesting acknowledgement.
1000004893.png

Adam and I are the same age, so we both turned 25 when Love, Simon the film came out in 2018. It's a bit old to be having a coming of age, IMO.

Also, am I reading this phrase wrong, doesn't X walked so Y could run imply that Y is better than X?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Well done Emerald for taking one for the team 👏

Adam stans are going to be incredibly disappointed in their hopes for a sequel because we all know Adam hasn't mentally or emotionally progressed beyond his teens to move his Cam's Fantasies Story on.
---
View attachment 3030541
View attachment 3030542

View attachment 3030543

Adam and I are the same age, so we both turned 25 when Love, Simon the film came out in 2018. It's a bit old to be having a coming of age, IMO.

Also, am I reading this phrase wrong, doesn't X walked so Y could run imply that Y is better than X?
Oh duck off Adam. He's so full of his own tit he really needs to see a gastroenterologist.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
View attachment 3030541
View attachment 3030542

View attachment 3030543

Bold of him to compare to Love Simon and imply his character is better (spoiler...he isnt)

That letter to himself is so problematic. He really has unresolved issues doesn't he. He was clearly bullied (whether it was brought on by himself is one question, knowing his attitude). He is also clearly a late developer (nothing wrong there) but I don't know how much experience he really has. He seems lost and trying to find something, all while having deep insecurities and a massive ego

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The fact it’s generic tit doesn’t really bother me, most queer YA fiction is absolute toss. But Adam’s is so badly written it’s almost unreadable.

Reactions: 10
The unbelievable ego and arrogance. He is saying his work is superior to all those other creators and his is the pinnacle and should be the example. There are plenty of books out there already for those who need it.

Screenshot_20240702_213511_Samsung Internet.jpg

---
From Gary Cs thread 🤣

Is this a reflection of the real Adam 🤣🤣

The sad eyes and aged by 15 years

IMG_1724.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Just going to state some final thoughts. I'm being earnest and fair.

It was not good. Let me say that plainly 😂 The writing was bad, it was probably the worst written book on a purely syntax level that I've ever read and I love hate reading stuff. Adam desperately needed more proof reads and for someone to tell him "no". It's no wonder he had to self-publish because it's just so low quality. The characters were boring, there were no real stakes, the chapters felt like separate sitcom episodes and didn't flow like one book. It seemed serialised.

The misogyny, as you've seen in my highlights, was REALLY UGLY AND CONSTANT. I hated it. Pure bleeping hated it. Adam has serious underlying issues. The way the only female characters who escaped getting slated for their looks or didn't behave like bimbos, idiots, hysterical, hyper-reactive, bossy/violent, ignorant, easily manipulated and led on, or scary by virtue of having an Eastern European accent were the nice lesbian couple is just MIND BOGGLING. It wasn't like women didn't appear like you get in some media, there were plenty of female characters and all but two of them were ugly or stupid or aggressive. It's actually astounding to me.

Positives. Honestly, I don't have any other than I hope Adam got some catharsis out of it (and I mean that genuinely) and maybe, just maybe, a young gay kid gets something out of it. God knows what, mind you. It didn't feel satisfying when Finn was outed/came out because everyone just went "OK" and they all had lunch and went to a festival. I felt nothing. I guess the "spice level" I was so worried about actually felt appropriate, so there's some faint praise. It did amuse me that the dark room scene he was wittering on about was just a kiss with someone in between someone's legs. But I really wouldn't want it to be any more than that.

So yeah, it's exactly what I expected. Whilst I love snarking, I like to find *something* in everything. And I really couldn't tell you anything.

• Heart
The letter to himself is basically just Disney, Taylor Swift and kissing boys and a bunch of positive adjectives about himself that don't make sense :unsure: Drive says the man who admits he only got up before 11am to write this. Perseverance says the man who couldn't finish the Disney program.

The book itself mentioned Disney and Swift and was about trying to kiss a boy so that's the limit of his references. He has nothing else.

I've never met a 30 year old who is so shallow and the way he puts ''Adam Hattan, the author of Hiding Him, writing a letter to his younger self'' as though people would think he was adding in a letter from St Paul to the Corinthians :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Don't mind me coming back six times after I say "final thoughts". 👀

I'm not much of a romance person, I enjoy them a lot but I'm nowhere near an avid reader or viewer of them. This romance was so dry, man. They get together so quickly and easily. They meet properly on Bonfire Night in chapter 2 and get together at the end of chapter 6 just before Christmas. There's not much wondering if Finn is gay or much pining at all. Cam just thinks he's "cheddar gorgeous". They have no banter or shared hobbies other than they both have dogs. I know the real conflict of the book is (apparently) their hidden relationship and West being closeted and confused but other than the dark room scene, none of it is tense or thrilling.

Romance is built in the back and forth and "will they/won't they". Adam clearly just wanted/wants an extremely simple instant love story. It's no fun to read and doesn't exist in real life.

Reactions: 5
Read a chapter last night. There were a couple of obvious errors (I knew he would insist on the "and I" thing when it isn't always correct. It's a pet peeve of mine!). Mostly it does just read like it hasn't been proofread and feels clunky. It's very reminiscent of his speaking voice, which is fine for speaking. It comes across robotic and clinical in text, to me at least. A couple of wank jokes which just feel weird coming from Hattan. All of the characters except Cam feel quite annoying so far.

View attachment 3029073
View attachment 3029074
Say "shoe" again.

View attachment 3029075
View attachment 3029076

That is uncomfortable to read. It really is clanky. I wanted to keep an open mind, especially after hearing about the part with him touching the poop bag in his pocket, but this is rough. The first two highlighted sentences are a mess.

Reactions: 6
Madam previously stated his boundaries and said he would not, NOT, be offering signed copies at this point in time. He had NO PLANS. Where should the fans send the lawsuit 🤣

Reactions: 3
Why does this twit need to go on a summer hiatus?!? Is he actually saying he needs to take a break from doing nothing? Good grief 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Thanks to @emerald for sharing all the screenshots and comments.

From what I have seen it is like most other standard self published books that are littered with mistakes and bad grammar and not really much of a story but someones attempt to pull together their take on other books. If it wasn't for his fanbase giving him an initial boost, it would go by unnoticed in a very cluttered reading space

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So, let me get this straight.

Mr businessman, at the precise time he should be ramping up the marketing and promotion of his new book (like prettymuch every author), is taking time off and away from his 'business' and creation.

Yep, that makes sense.

Adam, the work doesn't stop when you release a book/product. If anything this is the time the work really starts.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.