Actually Honest - skincare & makeup reviews #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a hydrafacial today and there were some satisfying bits in the liquid at the end. It’s been 3 months since my last so well overdue! I bought a course of 3 because their prices are going up from January.

My forehead and eye area is still dehydrated, has anyone got any recommendations of products that could help? It’s so tricky because my cheeks/chin/jawline tend to get congested easily 😩
I like the cosrx rice mask- it’s more like a moisturiser that you put on at night, not too thick but makes your skin nice the next day. I used to use niod’s hyaluronic serum (think it’s called mmhc)?) under moisturiser and that was gorgeous and hydrating. I just had my first hydrafacial and really liked it, though I did come away feeling pretty crappy about my skin as the nurse kept telling me how greasy and congested it was 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
What’s best for large pores and redness please. Without make up my skin looks blotchy and rough. Up until recently it’s been not too bad

Looking for metallic eye crayons- any recs?
The white gold and dusty pink by AYU are gorgeous. I bought a full set of all colours last year!

Here is the link to the full set!

Reactions: 4
The white gold and dusty pink by AYU are gorgeous. I bought a full set of all colours last year!

Here is the link to the full set!
That brand looks lovely, hadn't heard of them before

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It’s probably effecting your gut. I’d take a probiotic each night before bed with a cold drink. Stop the exfoliating twice a week for now as it won’t help
I'm back with a review!

I have been taking probiotics in the evening for just over a month now and my skin has cleared up a lot!

I seem to have red marks on my face from where a lot of the spots were, I'm using salicylic acid which is helping a little but I wish it could all go away. I seem to have two skin coloured bumps on my skin that won't come to a head and I can't get rid. Any ideas??

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm back with a review!

I have been taking probiotics in the evening for just over a month now and my skin has cleared up a lot!

I seem to have red marks on my face from where a lot of the spots were, I'm using salicylic acid which is helping a little but I wish it could all go away. I seem to have two skin coloured bumps on my skin that won't come to a head and I can't get rid. Any ideas??
Sometimes it can take a while for that to go away. You could try a retinol or a niacinamide as they are great with texture etc. Or if they’re more spot like then hydrocolloid spot stickers like Zipsticka may help x

• Heart
Sometimes it can take a while for that to go away. You could try a retinol or a niacinamide as they are great with texture etc. Or if they’re more spot like then hydrocolloid spot stickers like Zipsticka may help x
Thank you so much! I've tried zit stickers but they don't seem to be helping, they are just little bumps really. Do you have any recommendations on the other two products? Xx

Thank you so much! I've tried zit stickers but they don't seem to be helping, they are just little bumps really. Do you have any recommendations on the other two products? Xx
There’s different types of zitstickas to be fair! I really like the superdrug Niacinamide if you want something fairly decent price point, retinol wise I love the inkey list retinol if you’re just starting out with it and they do a 1% one too which will be a bit stronger! If not I also love the medik8 crystal retinal which I think you can start at 1 or 3 depending on how sensitive you are! But if you’re using retinol then build up your tolerance and make sure you’re wearing spf the following day (well everyday lol). I used to get loads of like bumpy or under skin spots and I generally don’t anymore xx

• Heart
I'm back with a review!

I’m so happy to hear that 🥰🥰 I know it sounds crazy but time will really help with those red marks. look into environ sebu ACE oil, it’s a great facial oil. It would just be used at night as an all in one face oil! It’s loads of brill vitamins in there and tea tree oil aswell which would help with healing and any kind of inflammation. It literally lasts forever too lol

• Heart
I'm back with a review!

Can I ask what probiotics you’re taking? I wouldn’t mind helping my face and my gut health all at the same time. My stress is worn very physically so my face and my guts are the first things to suffer!

• Sad
Can I ask what probiotics you’re taking? I wouldn’t mind helping my face and my gut health all at the same time. My stress is worn very physically so my face and my guts are the first things to suffer!
Of course - these are the ones I am using at the moment:

They had pretty good reviews so I took a chance!

• Heart
I'm back with a review!

I use niacinamide to get rid of red marks left by hormonal spots 👍🏻

• Heart
Of course - these are the ones I am using at the moment:

They had pretty good reviews so I took a chance!
I have been duly influenced! Hopefully it will ease my suffering a little, but they were a fair price compared with some of the ones I was looking at so no harm done if they’re not right for me!

• Heart
My eyelids are very dry and creased looking with make up on, they feel raw at times but don’t look particularly red or anything. I think I used an eye make up remover that doesn’t agree with my skin type. Is there anything I can use to get them back to normal?

My eyelids are very dry and creased looking with make up on, they feel raw at times but don’t look particularly red or anything. I think I used an eye make up remover that doesn’t agree with my skin type. Is there anything I can use to get them back to normal?
ren overnight recovery balm, or la roche posay cicaplast baumé is really good to use when you’ve got dry bits or when your barrier has been damaged/you’ve had an allergy x

Aquaphor at night time… lifesaver

If might be worth calling into your pharmacy and asking the pharmacist for a consultation. He/she would know if there was an over the counter product that would help or if you’d need a prescription for a steroid! Good luck with it…they sound sore and sensitive!

I had my second hydrafacial today (bought a course of three in a Black Friday deal). Came away much happier than the first time- my skin looked nice the first time but shiny (due to the spf the nurse put on me at the end). This time, my skin is almost flawless and feels lovely and mattified. The aesthetician doing the facial helped me find a lovely spf which doesn’t feel or smell like spf if that makes sense (epionce ultra shield spf 50), and I’ve got some zo skincare products to try too- has anyone tried these and how have you gotten on? Hoping to make the hydrafacials a habit if I can afford to because my skin just looks a million times better!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.