Actually Honest - skincare and makeup reviews #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser with spf (at least spf 30) that doesnt irritate your eyes? I dont know if it is just my eyes are really sensitive but every moisturiser with spf stings my eyes if I sweat even a little and it gets in my eye. Regular moisturiser is fine so I assume it is the spf. I have tried La Roche Posay, Cerave and No 7 and all irritate them.
I used to use LRP and found it stung my eyes. I only wear SPF50 and the only two brands I've ever found that were comfortable to wear - Canmake (Japanese, but I don't like the smell or whitecast and I think I read it isn't broad spectrum) and Beauty of Joseon the rice prebiotic one (Korean, my holy grail, no smell, lovely texture, no pilling, now whitecast, hydrating, affordable, will rebuy forever).

Reactions: 1
I used to use LRP and found it stung my eyes. I only wear SPF50 and the only two brands I've ever found that were comfortable to wear - Canmake (Japanese, but I don't like the smell or whitecast and I think I read it isn't broad spectrum) and Beauty of Joseon the rice prebiotic one (Korean, my holy grail, no smell, lovely texture, no pilling, now whitecast, hydrating, affordable, will rebuy forever).
Delighted to hear this as after I posted this last week I did some googling and ordered the Beauty of Joseon rice prebiotic one as reviews came up really good for sensitive eyes. Fingers crossed it doesnt irritate them.

Reactions: 3
Can anyone recommend a good quality eyeshadow palette please? Looking to buy for a friend who usually wears neutrals or smokey colours. Shes really in to her make up but is on a tight budget and her palettes are old so I wanted to treat her to a nice one for her birthday but I don’t know where to start because I only ever use the same 3/4 eyeshadow colours 😅 Budget up to £100.
You are an amazing friend 🥰🥰 as someone else said the jeffree star ones are good and so many to choose from especially if you are after a non neutral one

• Heart
Can anyone recommend a good quality eyeshadow palette please? Looking to buy for a friend who usually wears neutrals or smokey colours. Shes really in to her make up but is on a tight budget and her palettes are old so I wanted to treat her to a nice one for her birthday but I don’t know where to start because I only ever use the same 3/4 eyeshadow colours 😅 Budget up to £100.
Will you be my friend? 😯
---
Hi everyone I'm looking for a cellulite cream. I usually get clairins body skulpt and find it good but looking for alternatives thank you
I've been using good old Nivea's Q10 cellulite gel cream for ages and I find it to be great.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Will you be my friend? 😯
---

I've been using good old Nivea's Q10 cellulite gel cream for ages and I find it to be great.
I'm always on the hunt for a cellulite cream, I have the worst! But lately I've been using castor oil with a massage tool and massaging it in before bed each night. Definitely feel like it's helping whether its the massage or the castor oil I'm not sure

Hi everyone I'm looking for a cellulite cream. I usually get clairins body skulpt and find it good but looking for alternatives thank you
Ziaja Fit Mango Moisturising Body Serum.

It smells amazing, soaks in really quickly and leaves my skin feeling and looking so so good! I get it in Tesco!

For rosacea peeps: I have no idea if this person has a good or bad rep on YT. She may be shilling more expensive products, but it’s the ingredients that are important. I found it very helpful. TO azelaic acid and niacinamide works very well for me.

Depends how big you want the pallette I love Lisa Eldridge's palettes they are easy to use, blend beautifully and don't have a fallout. For £100 you could get her a couple of those

Byredo have just released a gorgeous pallete which I have my eye on. I've not used any of their makeup before

• Heart
FINE, I’ll buy it
I actually already have the PT shade in one of the collagen bath gloss but wow this one hits different. Didn’t know if it was worth buying the same colour in a diff formula - it was. Goes on like a charm. Promise xxx

I’ve finished my refy cream blush and thoroughly enjoyed it but there’s only one shade that suits me. Any cream blush recommendations before I repurchase?

I bought the newest bondi sands face fluid (SPF 50) a few days ago as a replacement for ultra violette supreme screen.

Wanted to find something a lot cheaper so far so good, different texture and I need to shove a bit of moisturiser under it. I'm impressed for the price

Someone on this thread mentioned letting Cerave hydrating cleanser sit on their face (🤣) for a few minutes before washing off.
I've been doing it at least once a day since reading the tip and my skin is looking and feeling fantastic! Strangers and my hairdresser have commented on it etc.
I was on the fence about that cleanser tbh (despite using it for a couple of years out of habit) as I felt it didn't do a whole lot but I'm loving it now - it's like a mini face mask every day!
Also loving the ELF Holy Hydration! Hydro-gel moisturiser. I use a scary 4 to 6 pumps each morning but my skin bloody loves it. It's good value at €15 (I'll still try to get it on 3 for 2 at Boots) and I like the pump applicator.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Someone on this thread mentioned letting Cerave hydrating cleanser sit on their face (🤣) for a few minutes before washing off.
I've been doing it at least once a day since reading the tip and my skin is looking and feeling fantastic! Strangers and my hairdresser have commented on it etc.
I was on the fence about that cleanser tbh (despite using it for a couple of years out of habit) as I felt it didn't do a whole lot but I'm loving it now - it's like a mini face mask every day!
Also loving the ELF Holy Hydration! Hydro-gel moisturiser. I use a scary 4 to 6 pumps each morning but my skin bloody loves it. It's good value at €15 (I'll still try to get it on 3 for 2 at Boots) and I like the pump applicator.
Here for using products in the wrong order/different methods
because I have been putting face oil on my face BEFORE moisturiser and it looks so much better
is that bad?

Here for using products in the wrong order/different methods
because I have been putting face oil on my face BEFORE moisturiser and it looks so much better
is that bad?
I tried a kind of layering/slugging with active > serum > snail mucin > skin food patted on top for a week or so.
Skin hasn’t felt so soft or balanced for years.

I’ve decided to go for it and invest in Obagi for melasma/pigmentation in a few months when baby arrives. Any good or bad experiences gratefully received.