Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What body wash do people recommend for dry skin? I’ve used the Aveeno oil in the past but I don’t feel ‘clean’. I don’t like Sanex or Simple 😬
Not sure if your skin is sensitive dry going by the above but I always find the dove cream body washes lovely and very moisturising 🥰

Cerave do a hydrating body wash aswell if your skin is more on dry sensitive side. I haven’t tried it personally but ther other bits are good 🥰

Reactions: 2
Just wondering if anyone could recommend some products to treat psoriasis? My boyfriend suffers from it on his scalp and as you can imagine it affects his confidence. He’s tried the nuetrogena t gel and polytar shampoo which haven’t helped much. I’m in Ireland btw

Just wondering if anyone could recommend some products to treat psoriasis? My boyfriend suffers from it on his scalp and as you can imagine it affects his confidence. He’s tried the nuetrogena t gel and polytar shampoo which haven’t helped much. I’m in Ireland btw
My dad has psoriasis most of his life, he’s been through balls of creams and shampoos. The only one that he says works is this one called exorex. It’s specifically for psoriasis but unlike most of the creams and shampoos for it this brand doesn’t have any coal tar in it, he thinks that’s why it works for him and previous stuff didn’t work. You can get it online for handiness or in pharmacy. The cream seems pricey but the 100ml is cheaper 😘 the shampoo would defo be worth a shout as it’s £5.99 🥰

Attachments

My dad has psoriasis most of his life, he’s been through balls of creams and shampoos. The only one that he says works is this one called exorex. It’s specifically for psoriasis but unlike most of the creams and shampoos for it this brand doesn’t have any coal tar in it, he thinks that’s why it works for him and previous stuff didn’t work. You can get it online for handiness or in pharmacy. The cream seems pricey but the 100ml is cheaper 😘 the shampoo would defo be worth a shout as it’s £5.99 🥰
Thanks so much!!! 😘😘

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hope this is an okay place to ask this question, felt a bit silly starting a thread purely for it! -

Can anyone recommend any tanning products for a complete novice? I’ve been feeling a bit meh about my appearance recently, so I bought a gradual tanning moisturiser (amongst other things) and it surprised me just how much better I feel about myself with a slight tan to my skin!

I’d like to try some proper fake tan but I’ve literally never used it in my life (I’m in my 30s) so any tips/recommendations welcome 🥰

Hope this is an okay place to ask this question, felt a bit silly starting a thread purely for it! -

Can anyone recommend any tanning products for a complete novice? I’ve been feeling a bit meh about my appearance recently, so I bought a gradual tanning moisturiser (amongst other things) and it surprised me just how much better I feel about myself with a slight tan to my skin!

I’d like to try some proper fake tan but I’ve literally never used it in my life (I’m in my 30s) so any tips/recommendations welcome 🥰
Skinny tan in the spray bottle its so good really nice natural glow not a dark tan . And it's impossible too get wrong take the minimum effort x

Has anyone tried armani foundation its next on my list I so want it too be good x

I wondered if anyone had any good recommendations for moisturisers under foundation? For about 6 months I’ve been using the Superdrug day cream and it’s ok but I’m nearly running out and I wondered if there was a better option? On a similarly related topic, in the last year or so I have found my mascara always leaves a dark mark under my eyes, no matter which product or foundation I never used to get this only up until about a year ago. I’ve started using a NYX powder but it’s not made much difference under the eyes. Within a few hours I look in the mirror and I look like a panda. I use NARS sheer glow foundation and before that it was MAC. Any ideas would be great 👍🏼
Tubing mascara! Either on its own or a layer over your regular mascara. Clinique lash power & eyeko lash alert are good.

What body wash do people recommend for dry skin? I’ve used the Aveeno oil in the past but I don’t feel ‘clean’. I don’t like Sanex or Simple 😬
Goat milk soap or olive oil soap from Holland and Barrett.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
I wondered if anyone had any good recommendations for moisturisers under foundation? For about 6 months I’ve been using the Superdrug day cream and it’s ok but I’m nearly running out and I wondered if there was a better option? On a similarly related topic, in the last year or so I have found my mascara always leaves a dark mark under my eyes, no matter which product or foundation I never used to get this only up until about a year ago. I’ve started using a NYX powder but it’s not made much difference under the eyes. Within a few hours I look in the mirror and I look like a panda. I use NARS sheer glow foundation and before that it was MAC. Any ideas would be great 👍🏼
Weleda Skin Food is good for under make up

I like to use a hylauronic serum for the moisture boost and then spf/eye cream before foundation. What mascara are you using? The black marks under your eyes would be an issue with your mascara as opposed to your foundation. I would defo recommend a wee setting spray for after you’ve done your make up to help keep everything in place 🥰
Thankyou it’s actually just a primark one at the moment haha but I also use a rimmel one sometimes I’ve had some good suggestions thanks all

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before:

Looking for recommendations for hormonal acne. (Caused by the mini pill).

I double cleanse with Cerave in the evening and then tone with Pixi glow tonic.
In the mornings I use Soap and Glory vitamin C face wash.

I only moisturise before putting makeup on (naughty I know) which is just a cheap Superdrug own brand one.

These are the only products that don’t break me out so far. I get flare ups of spots and acne clusters all over my jaw and cheeks. Any recommendations of products that I can add to my routine please:)

Hi all, apologies if this has been asked before:

Looking for recommendations for hormonal acne. (Caused by the mini pill).

I double cleanse with Cerave in the evening and then tone with Pixi glow tonic.
In the mornings I use Soap and Glory vitamin C face wash.

I only moisturise before putting makeup on (naughty I know) which is just a cheap Superdrug own brand one.

These are the only products that don’t break me out so far. I get flare ups of spots and acne clusters all over my jaw and cheeks. Any recommendations of products that I can add to my routine please:)
Can I ask how often are you using the pixi Glow tonic? It can be very harsh on the skin. The glycolic acid in the pixi glow tonic is very reactive with vitamin c (re:your cleanser), those two ingredients don’t work well together. If it was me personally I would stop using the pixi glow.

I would use your cerave cleanser morning and night. I’d try to do a mask a few times a week just on the areas you have the breakouts-Q & A do a fab charcoal clay mask and it’s not pricey. I’ve used it personally for ages and think it’s great. Great for texture and breakouts on your chin and for maskne aswell. Please don’t apply it to your whole face tho as clay masks can be quite drying. xxxx

eta: if your not a fan of thicker moisturiser try a bit of hylauronic acid, great way of plumping the skin and not as heavy on the skin either.

Can I ask how often are you using the pixi Glow tonic? It can be very harsh on the skin. The glycolic acid in the pixi glow tonic is very reactive with vitamin c (re:your cleanser), those two ingredients don’t work well together. If it was me personally I would stop using the pixi glow.

I would use your cerave cleanser morning and night. I’d try to do a mask a few times a week just on the areas you have the breakouts-Q & A do a fab charcoal clay mask and it’s not pricey. I’ve used it personally for ages and think it’s great. Great for texture and breakouts on your chin and for maskne aswell. Please don’t apply it to your whole face tho as clay masks can be quite drying. xxxx
Oh wow I had absolutely no idea about vitamin C and glycolic acid. Thank you so much for the heads up!❤ Atm I’m using the glow tonic once a night before bed.

I’ve got an Australian pink clay mask that I’m going to start and heard good stuff. So thank you so much I’m going to experiment with only using the glow tonic and cerave for a while. Then use the vitamin c wash and cerave for a while.

• Heart
Oh wow I had absolutely no idea about vitamin C and glycolic acid. Thank you so much for the heads up!❤ Atm I’m using the glow tonic once a night before bed.

I’ve got an Australian pink clay mask that I’m going to start and heard good stuff. So thank you so much I’m going to experiment with only using the glow tonic and cerave for a while. Then use the vitamin c wash and cerave for a while.
No probs 😘 if you can, defo cut down on the pixi glow use. It will definitely help 😘

**Only person in the world who hated the ordinary and loves the inkey list**
😂😂

I’ve now heard that with the ordinary you can get a bad “batch” 😯
so I’m wondering if that’s what happened when I tried the niacinimied (made up my own spelling of that)

but the natural moisturising factors was just as problematic so who knows 😐
I hated the ordinary. Their cleanser was a right faff and moisturiser left me oily

I used the ordinary vitamin c in silicone ONCE the other day and got a chinful of spots in return for my efforts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.