Actresses and Actors you can’t stand for no reason

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know that Helena Bonham - Carter is regarded as one of the greatest actors of our age but I can't bear her, she played Noel Gordon in Nolly and Sir Nicholas Winton's Mum in One Life and she played both characters identically whilst swishing around in fur coats, I just can't bear her and its a case of fur coat and no knickers. She is from a prestigious family, if she was from an ordinary baclgrpimd I don't think she would got any further than the odd advert or voiceover, but then again what do I know, the great and the good in theatre think she is a goddess!

Reactions: 13
I know that Helena Bonham - Carter is regarded as one of the greatest actors of our age but I can't bear her, she played Noel Gordon in Nolly and Sir Nicholas Winton's Mum in One Life and she played both characters identically whilst swishing around in fur coats, I just can't bear her and its a case of fur coat and no knickers. She is from a prestigious family, if she was from an ordinary baclgrpimd I don't think she would got any further than the odd advert or voiceover, but then again what do I know, the great and the good in theatre think she is a goddess!
I agree, she has very limited range.

Reactions: 7
I'm not a fan of her acting either

Reactions: 6
I was going to say James Nebitt aswell TBH till I saw a prior post.
I know people IRL who like him so a divisive character.
I've never really liked him but he was in a Hobbit film IIRC as an unpleasant dwarf goblin type and I thought he was reasonable in that.
It may be a case of getting the right role he can really get into IMO.
Like method acting.

Reactions: 2
Kate Bosworth. One of the worst actresses I have ever seen make it to mainstream films. If anyone remembers her. I think Hollywood mostly forgot her thankfully.

Reactions: 2
Billie Ellish gets on my tits for some reason, especially when I see her posing at some awards ceremony with that stupid, deadface pout of hers.

Reactions: 15
I think it's her early career that made her, she was good in some of the period drama stuff from 80s and 90s but she is rather type cast. I was actually surprised when she turned up in that female Ocean's film alongside Rihanna. I don't mind her myself but recently she plays everything as 'Helena'. A bit like fellow actress, Emma Thompson.

Speaking of Emma Thompson, I recently watched Why Didn't They Ask Evans? Agatha Christie adaptation on Britbox, apparently produced by Hugh Laurie. It was actually very good, but of course his friend Emma Thompson had to have just one scene/cameo, playing an eccentric aristo mother. It was a completely unnecessary scene. However, the adaptation was great, Will Poulter as the lead was brilliant, alongside Lucy Boynton. But yes, Emma seems to pop up in things and plays herself.

---
I have realised I can't stand that bloke who is in Saltburn. I haven't seen the film but I have seen the trailer and it was enough to make me think urgh about the Keoghan guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I think it's her early career that made her, she was good in some of the period drama stuff from 80s and 90s but she is rather type cast. I was actually surprised when she turned up in that female Ocean's film alongside Rihanna. I don't mind her myself but recently she plays everything as 'Helena'. A bit like fellow actress, Emma Thompson.

Speaking of Emma Thompson, I recently watched Why Didn't They Ask Evans? Agatha Christie adaptation on Britbox, apparently produced by Hugh Laurie. It was actually very good, but of course his friend Emma Thompson had to have just one scene/cameo, playing an eccentric aristo mother. It was a completely unnecessary scene. However, the adaptation was great, Will Poulter as the lead was brilliant, alongside Lucy Boynton. But yes, Emma seems to pop up in things and plays herself.

---
I have realised I can't stand that bloke who is in Saltburn. I haven't seen the film but I have seen the trailer and it was enough to make me think urgh about the Keoghan guy.
Not familiar with him to be fair but I agree about Emma Thompson and it does seem cliquey the way these dahlings keep giving each other jobs.

Reactions: 6
Not sure if she counts as an actress but I cannot bear Claudia Winkleman. My other half loves her as well :sick:

Reactions: 9
Meryl Streep.

I think I don't like her because she gets an Oscar nomination for getting out of bed in the morning. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10