Abby Gibson/@miaipadkid

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's really sad, poor girl gets so many nasty comments, why do that to her
It truly is exploitation. I feel so sad for Mia that she gets plastered online for all to see even though she absolutely cannot give informed consent. People basically treat these videos as a freak show and it’s heartbreaking. They say they upload for “autism acceptance” but judging by the comments they’re doing the exact opposite - allowing thousands of people to ridicule a disabled child in their care.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
It truly is exploitation. I feel so sad for Mia that she gets plastered online for all to see even though she absolutely cannot give informed consent. People basically treat these videos as a freak show and it’s heartbreaking. They say they upload for “autism acceptance” but judging by the comments they’re doing the exact opposite - allowing thousands of people to ridicule a disabled child in their care.
It honestly is, I have to scroll past as the comments on the videos upset me massively, I have a 6 year old who's autistic and non verbal, he's such a happy bright wee boy and It scares me how cruel people are. I don't post him having meltdowns etc as it's not fair on him at all .

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I often wonder with Mia’s family, why they can’t just do similar to William’s journey/Joanne Bourne and Harry and also Tommy and Jude. Joanne ans Harry are the cutest mother and son and come across totally differently to this account.

All of the kids above have non verbal autism and are the sweetest children, but there’s something very crass about the Mia account, when in reality they’re documenting the same as above. I’m not sure if the carers are enjoying it more than anything else. Or is it we just have preconceived ideas because they’re not middle class like the other accounts I’ve listed?

Reactions: 2
I often wonder with Mia’s family, why they can’t just do similar to William’s journey/Joanne Bourne and Harry and also Tommy and Jude. Joanne ans Harry are the cutest mother and son and come across totally differently to this account.

All of the kids above have non verbal autism and are the sweetest children, but there’s something very crass about the Mia account, when in reality they’re documenting the same as above. I’m not sure if the carers are enjoying it more than anything else. Or is it we just have preconceived ideas because they’re not middle class like the other accounts I’ve listed?
I don’t know all of the accounts you mentioned but of the ones I do know they post their routines and ways that they support their autistic child in order to educate about autism acceptance and perhaps even provide support to those who are also parenting an autistic child. All of their content is structured and shows their children in a positive way, I’m particularly familiar with Tommy and Jude’s dad and have never seen him post the kids having a meltdown or struggling. On the other hand, Mia’s carers and gran post videos of Mia in distress and don’t post any kind of educational content. Just mindless videos of Mia watching two ipads at once because they know it gets them rage-clicks and comments from people making fun of Mia. Any interaction with their content is fuelling their egos, even the bad interactions.

Tommy and judes dad seems like the sweetest man 🥺 lovely kids

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t know all of the accounts you mentioned but of the ones I do know they post their routines and ways that they support their autistic child in order to educate about autism acceptance and perhaps even provide support to those who are also parenting an autistic child. All of their content is structured and shows their children in a positive way, I’m particularly familiar with Tommy and Jude’s dad and have never seen him post the kids having a meltdown or struggling. On the other hand, Mia’s carers and gran post videos of Mia in distress and don’t post any kind of educational content. Just mindless videos of Mia watching two ipads at once because they know it gets them rage-clicks and comments from people making fun of Mia. Any interaction with their content is fuelling their egos, even the bad interactions.
I completely understand. I’m not a fan of the content as it’s purely a carer shouting ‘Mia high five’ constantly. I think the reason they don’t post her routines is because they don’t have one. She returns from school and is fed an awful diet and sits watching two iPads for the evening. The only time she seems to get any sort of sensory stimulation is on weekends. And that’s very few and far between. I feel sorry for Mia, I’m just glad she doesn’t read and can’t understand the comments, but it’s the carers opening her up to this constantly. Why?

I’d definitely suggest watching joannebourne8 who has Harry, he’s the most loving child and Joanne does a lot of educational work and lets people know about local groups. She doesn’t shy away of telling people when he’s had a bad week but would never film it.

Reactions: 3
Personally I’m not a fan of anyone showing kids online to massive audiences when they can’t provide informed consent to do so

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Personally I’m not a fan of anyone showing kids online to massive audiences when they can’t provide informed consent to do so
I agree with you, it’s a tricky one especially when it’s kids with disabilities because educational content needs to exist for many reasons but it shouldn’t exist if it’s at the expense of the kid’s dignity.

Reactions: 1
Tommy and judes dad seems like the sweetest man 🥺 lovely kids
Agreed, he’s a lovely man who definitely puts his boys and dad’s needs first. He’s one of the only accounts that I think spreads autism awareness properly. My daughter has autism and it was actually him that gave me the idea to do the supermarket trips to help her independence

• Heart
Agreed, he’s a lovely man who definitely puts his boys and dad’s needs first. He’s one of the only accounts that I think spreads autism awareness properly. My daughter has autism and it was actually him that gave me the idea to do the supermarket trips to help her independence
I love the supermarket trips, tommy makes me laugh how he launches the stuff into the trolley 🤣 I really hope he looks after himself too

I can’t believe that thug is complaining about there not being a toilet IN A WOODS 😭😭😭😭 I think at this point she must be doing it to wind people up and for engagement. Outrageous. Also if I saw her coming towards me in the street I’d run away, she’s really frightening. (The blue haired woman not Mia)

• Haha
I can’t believe that thug is complaining about there not being a toilet IN A WOODS 😭😭😭😭 I think at this point she must be doing it to wind people up and for engagement. Outrageous. Also if I saw her coming towards me in the street I’d run away, she’s really frightening. (The blue haired woman not Mia)
All she does is complain 😳

Nah how have they set up a Vinted account for her old stuff with the username “miaipadkid2008” 😭😭

• Wow
Hi, I found this thread because I came across a video from miaipadkid, it incensed me! I dont how they they haven't been reported to authorities! I didnt screenshot but one comment infuriated me saying "should do to Mia what she does to the iPad" I'm actually so angry by it I want to report them! this is exploitation at its nastiest. after only one video I feel poor Mia is in an abusive household and if they are not reported something bad will happen. anyone who knows about autism knows that environment triggers meltdowns, and I feel they are causing situations to make Mia react then recording it. they are humiliating her and the reality is they are abusing her! maybe its time the police were informed. this is not awareness its child abuse, exploitation of a vulnerable young person.

Hi, I found this thread because I came across a video from miaipadkid, it incensed me! I dont how they they haven't been reported to authorities! I didnt screenshot but one comment infuriated me saying "should do to Mia what she does to the iPad" I'm actually so angry by it I want to report them! this is exploitation at its nastiest. after only one video I feel poor Mia is in an abusive household and if they are not reported something bad will happen. anyone who knows about autism knows that environment triggers meltdowns, and I feel they are causing situations to make Mia react then recording it. they are humiliating her and the reality is they are abusing her! maybe its time the police were informed. this is not awareness its child abuse, exploitation of a vulnerable young person.
Since she’s in the care of her nana and not involved with her mum social services will already be well aware of the situation, probably not the extent to which she’s being exploited on social media but yeh.

How have I only just come across this family? It's every 2nd video on my fyp and I can't help but get weird vibes. It's exactly as 1st commenter said on this thread JOHN/DEE exploitation vibes . Sorry autism or not no way would I be handing out tablets like sweets It's like she's hinting for viewers to buy new 1s.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Nah how have they set up a Vinted account for her old stuff with the username “miaipadkid2008” 😭😭
The name is one thing but then selling her used clothes just doesn’t sit right with me.. you don’t know what creep could buy them 🤢