Abbie Blyth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aw duck I’ve got those Jordan’s. Feel like I need to get rid now I’ve joined the generic influencer style.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Influencers will buy these things and write them off as a business expense because it’s for work that’s why they need to show them on their content, they aren’t actually buying it out of their own money that’s why they can afford it.

Reactions: 2
Influencers can’t just write everything off as a business expense and claim the money back. That’s not how it works.

I think the majority of her stuff is from these fake boutiques you get on Instagram (e.g places that resell from DHGate), plus it’s easy enough to take pictures buying things in a shop and then return at a later date.

Reactions: 8
Influencers can’t just write everything off as a business expense and claim the money back. That’s not how it works.

I think the majority of her stuff is from these fake boutiques you get on Instagram (e.g places that resell from DHGate), plus it’s easy enough to take pictures buying things in a shop and then return at a later date.
Agreed to most of this but when I was a stripper you could claim back on underwear hair nails etc basically anything that was to do with appearance so I’m not sure maybe influencers can claim to a degree

I think for influencers it’s a bit of both. She will be claiming she is making very little- hence the being fishy what her and lee make and undeclared gifts and ads. So above the minimum 12k but less than upper tax at 50k (not that she’s anywhere near that)

Then the rest could be claimed back on VAT like eg a joiner- tools, “uniform”, travel expenses, home office. So like @Moonbaby09 said possibly her nails, hair etc

I work in the nhs and claim for an “uniform” but I don’t need to wear one. But like covid has taught a lot of people it might come back to bite you on the arse

Totally agree! All I meant was she’s not getting Prada jackets & Dior rings for free 😂

Reactions: 4
Totally agree! All I meant was she’s not getting Prada jackets & Dior rings for free 😂
Influencers have admitted that’s what they do and I run a business so know it can be done and it’s not free it’s a business expense, 2 different things. Also accountants encourage you to write things off as a business expense.

Last edited:
Anyone else just bored of scrolling through Instagram looking at the same old pics of these influencers, who are they actually influencing because it's certainly not me. Obviously influencing each other because they all seem to dress exactly the same. On the subject of moneys etc I couldn't care less what Abbie is earning, if she's making good money then good for her, everyone has to make a living and how she chooses to spend her money is upto her. I certainly wouldn't be buying those ugly wee bags etc but each to their own.

Reactions: 16
Anyone else just bored of scrolling through Instagram looking at the same old pics of these influencers, who are they actually influencing because it's certainly not me. Obviously influencing each other because they all seem to dress exactly the same. On the subject of moneys etc I couldn't care less what Abbie is earning, if she's making good money then good for her, everyone has to make a living and how she chooses to spend her money is upto her. I certainly wouldn't be buying those ugly wee bags etc but each to their own.
I am influenced by them. To not purchase anything they have - bought, gifted or otherwise. I am genuinely so turned off by anything associated with them. Gives me the boke.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Influencers have admitted that’s what they do and I run a business so know it can be done and it’s not free it’s a business expense, 2 different things. Also accountants encourage you to write things off as a business expense.
You don’t write things off as a business expense and get the money back though - You simply get tax relief on the items - you still pay for them. You can also claim back the VAT if your business is VAT registered.

That goes for computers and phones and printers and uniforms. Not dior rings. There is no way on earth HMRC would agree that a dior ring was essential for her business. Not a chance.
Her business is punting cheap, shite fast fashion.

Even if they agreed she needed this ring to run her business, all it would mean is that her tax bill was slightly lower. She’s not getting anything for free.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You don’t write things off as a business expense and get the money back though - You simply get tax relief on the items - you still pay for them. You can also claim back the VAT if your business is VAT registered.

That goes for computers and phones and printers and uniforms. Not dior rings. There is no way on earth HMRC would agree that a dior ring was essential for her business. Not a chance.

Even if they agreed she needed this ring to run her business, all it would mean is that her tax bill was slightly lower. She’s not getting anything for free.
Love the puntin cheap,shite fast fashion line 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
I seen that she had posted about wanting a new car and if anyone can help get in touch.... was that a hint for a freebie of some sort 🤪 Pretty sure you can just go to the Range rover, Audi, Arnold Clark and every other car sales place to find a car why you posting for help on your stories... if I want to change my car the last thing I would do it post on my Instagram account for help from a random.... or maybe this is the norm?

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Don’t remember saying anything about a Dior ring but ok 😂 I’ll just leave this here (this is just one source feel free to research yourself). I think you misunderstood my post I wasn’t saying it was free I was saying it was a business expense that you can write off, the more you write off the better as like you have said tax relief and vat claims, if you are doing this then you will have more money to afford these things as opposed to not doing it

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Don’t remember saying anything about a Dior ring but ok 😂 I’ll just leave this here (this is just one source feel free to research yourself). I think you misunderstood my post I wasn’t saying it was free I was saying it was a business expense that you can write off, the more you write off the better as like you have said tax relief and vat claims, if you are doing this then you will have more money to afford these things as opposed to not doing it
These photos are just some random website. HMRC will audit someone that’s claiming tax relief on designer clothes. 100%.

Also tax is always a year behind for self employed and LTD companies. Claiming tax relief on certain business expenses doesn’t mean you’ve suddenly got a bunch of extra cash, it just minimises what you pay tax on the following year. You also cannot claim tax relief on items you use for personal use.

Sorry, I saw a previous post mention buying a dior ring and I thought you were saying she’d be claiming it’s a business expense, my bad.

Reactions: 6
You could always check companies house where the financials are displayed... although I am a bit of a twit not sure how to understand the breakdown of it all does that display the tax relief? She and the bf have equal shares in the Ltd company it seems.

This.

So many people think you just claim it as an expense and physically get given the money back on it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You could always check companies house where the financials are displayed... although I am a bit of a twit not sure how to understand the breakdown of it all does that display the tax relief? She and the bf have equal shares in the Ltd company it seems.
I just had a look there.. wonder what it is? LA Confidential? Lee Allan Confidential? Anyone got a clue?

Lol it's probably his accounts from working on the rigs. I know a few folk who work on the rigs and are self employed and have themselves as Ltd. Clearly fiddling the figures if this is the case.

Can we talk about abbies recently stories… promoting a hair dryer brush basically the revlon brush… NO AD marked and also did she not just buy a dyson air wrap a week ago? I’m unfollowing her now because it’s clear she just promotes anything that comes her way. It’s sad really as I used to really like her and think she was relatable.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.