A thread to complain about how cold it is.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so cold and I hate it. I’m feeling guilty for not getting my every day exercise and taking my son out on walks etc BUT IM FREEZING AND I CANT TAKE IT.

I'm going shopping in a minute, in a heavily fur-lined coat and gloves, big boots, goggles, a sledge pulled by huskies and a tent in case I have to rest mid-expedition. Scott of the Antarctic was never as intrepid as me!

Reactions: 1
I've been out, the bins are on the pavement still because they haven't been emptied yet so I dumped some more food in the caddy, not that bad outside at least in my part of Surrey.

I literally think I am just in a constant state of freezing all the time now. I can not wait to get some sun on my skin, god knows when that will be. I live in Belfast so theres about two weeks of sunshine a year. I am living for the day I can be sat on holiday somewhere with the sun shining down on me and a drink in hand!

We have our heat on constantly at the minute, i must say I am freezing about 30 times a day and I spend about 40 mins in the shower with it piping hot.

I'm going shopping in a minute, in a heavily fur-lined coat and gloves, big boots, goggles, a sledge pulled by huskies and a tent in case I have to rest mid-expedition. Scott of the Antarctic was never as intrepid as me!
Well, I'm back. Lost a few fingers and toes to frostbite and have double pneumonia, but I'll survive, hopefully.

What kept me going was the thought of my Sizzlin Cheese and Chilli and Sour Cream Pringles-and my bottles of Caribbean Crush Lucozade.

Will you kick me out if I tell you it was 40 deg C today here in South Australia and my kids spent the whole day at their swimming carnival in the pool and now Miss Sixteen is so burned she can’t wear her pyjamas? Or if I say it’s 11pm and I still have the cooler on? Or if I tell you it hasn’t rained for months and I’ve never seen snow?

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’m so cold! I went out earlier to get some (#essential) bits and I can’t seem to warm back up 🥶

Will you kick me out if I tell you it was 40 deg C today here in South Australia and my kids spent the whole day at their swimming carnival in the pool and now Miss Sixteen is so burned she can’t wear her pyjamas? Or if I say it’s 11pm and I still have the cooler on? Or if I tell you it hasn’t rained for months and I’ve never seen snow?
Very jealous!

Yesterday did the weekly shop and there was a queue outdoors. Snow not finished melting as the weather is icy cold with a breeze to it. My facemask stopped me getting chapped lips 😂

Today is even worse - indoors. Got out of bed at 8pm but straight back in again to get warm until 11am. 🤭

Anyway I don't care what the heating bill is, I took a lovely hot shower, am wearing layers, and I've whacked the heating right up. My fingers are still cold.

Moan ... Moan ... Moan

• Haha
Weve had our heating on for 14/18 hours of the day for the last week. I can hear British Gas cheering rn.

it was that cold on a dog walk today my eyes hurt 😞
also the condenser boiler outlet pipe froze again, it’s on the first floor in an awkward spot so can’t defrost, so I’ve sawn through it

Was -40 here all week. Absolutely awful, go outside and within 10 seconds my skin is burning. It is now up to -19, which feels "warm."

• Wow
I don’t do the cold. Anything that’s literally 0 and below I can’t do which is mad since I’ve lived in England for 40 years. Honestly I see cold like misery, the dark mornings and nights I hate and just everything that comes with it. I’m on a weather group on fb and the amount of people crying cos they’ve had no snow in the last week is shocking. We’ve had snow and we’ve had to drive to work and back in it. It’s nice on Xmas eve Nd day but anything else can sod off. Bring the on the spring!

I hate workplaces that in the summer time crank the air con on high. I nearly came down with hypothermia with one summer job I had, so I'd wear a jacket, blazer or cardigan to cope and a couple of times I'd even wear a knit poloneck which got me some strange looks on the train going into work !

Reactions: 3
I hate workplaces that in the summer time crank the air con on high. I nearly came down with hypothermia with one summer job I had, so I'd wear a jacket, blazer or cardigan to cope and a couple of times I'd even wear a knit poloneck which got me some strange looks on the train going into work !
We have a local newsagents that I absolutely HATE going in in summer and feel sorry for all the staff. It’s actually like a fridge year round even in the winter.

I didn't work last week due to snow, ice and around 0 temperature's, not exactly motorcycle weather.

I've learned it's due to warm up next week, during the past week the claim was 9 degrees on Monday, then a change of mind, 12 and today the claim is 14. WTF?

I didn't work last week due to snow, ice and around 0 temperature's, not exactly motorcycle weather.

I've learned it's due to warm up next week, during the past week the claim was 9 degrees on Monday, then a change of mind, 12 and today the claim is 14. WTF?
All my customers keep telling me this, I hope it’s true! I do think it depends on where you are in the country though. This is what my phone says for next week, it’s usually pretty spot on

FA7D41D6-E251-4BB0-8743-C20CCCF0F8D1.jpeg

I just want to feel the warmth of Spring on my back as I walk... I’m sick of the cold. I only managed one proper walk this week as it was so bitterly chilly last week. Come on, Spring!