A place for ranting/whinging

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I used to work for my local authority in the temp housing department....there was one girl who came in with her 12 year old son , she claimed actual poverty , no job , no money , homeless , food banks etc!! She got evicted due to non payment of rent previously.

She got housed into a 2 bed house within a matter of weeks. This was 2019

I just followed her on Instagram and surprise surprise she has had her house done to literally resemble an Essex palace towie would be proud of...... she had been in Dubai just before lockdown ....Ibiza and Majorca before that.....balenciaga trainers and louis Vuitton galore .....and to top it off she just posted new car day with a brand spanking merc!

I don’t really care how / where she got her money but this is one reason I gave up my job.....I couldn’t stand watching people undeserving of social housing lie scam and cheat there way because they knew what to say how to hide information they didn’t want known .....all whilst I saw people deserving not qualify!!!! The system in this country is fucked!!!!! And this is from someone who worked on the front line!!!!!!
Yes agree totally! Working in a hotel that was used for social housing. I can confirm so soo many supposedly homeless people checked in only never to be seen again. Council did the odd check but at most all they gave was a warning. Used to make me so angry as you said this country’s policies are far too easily abused, leaving those in real need with no chance 😡😡

• Angry
Reactions: 2
I work in financial services and one thing that really grinds my gears is when customers who have fallen victim to obvious scams refuse to take any responsibility for their own greed. Case in point a customer responded to an advert on Facebook (why is it always an advert on Facebook!) promising 50% interest earnings on gold bullion. Now I get current interest rates on savings are negligible, if you can find an account offering even 1% snap their hand off, but come on 50%. Really? And of course they required an immediate transfer of a five digit sum so they can “move quickly before the price falls”. So guess what? Yeah you’re right his 50% profit didn’t materialise so of course he goes back to the “company” and transfers another 10k for an either better deal. You know the rest. So weeks later it suddenly dawns on him that he ain’t getting his promised return and contacts us demanding we refund his money in it’s entirety immediately along with some extra compensation for “allowing him to be scammed”. So with an internal sigh I institute the interbank scam protocol and guess what. Yep the receiving account has long since been cleared out and the money has passed through many hands making it effectively untraceable. Cue an epic meltdown and an allegation that I can’t do my job, threats of MP a press involvement and complaints he wants dealt with “immediately by a senior manager”.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I work in financial services and one thing that really grinds my gears is when customers who have fallen victim to obvious scams refuse to take any responsibility for their own greed. Case in point a customer responded to an advert on Facebook (why is it always an advert on Facebook!) promising 50% interest earnings on gold bullion. Now I get current interest rates on savings are negligible, if you can find an account offering even 1% snap their hand off, but come on 50%. Really? And of course they required an immediate transfer of a five digit sum so they can “move quickly before the price falls”. So guess what? Yeah you’re right his 50% profit didn’t materialise so of course he goes back to the “company” and transfers another 10k for an either better deal. You know the rest. So weeks later it suddenly dawns on him that he ain’t getting his promised return and contacts us demanding we refund his money in it’s entirety immediately along with some extra compensation for “allowing him to be scammed”. So with an internal sigh I institute the interbank scam protocol and guess what. Yep the receiving account has long since been cleared out and the money has passed through many hands making it effectively untraceable. Cue an epic meltdown and an allegation that I can’t do my job, threats of MP a press involvement and complaints he wants dealt with “immediately by a senior manager”.
It's difficult to sympathise with people who fall victim to scams sometimes and this is the perfect example 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
My bed broke and I’ve been without a bed for a month, sleeping on the floor. Ordered a new one which didn’t fit in the room. Ordered ANOTHER one... The new one arrived... it’s rock hard and way too high, every time I roll over I feel like I’m on a slant. I gave up at 4am and slept on the sofa. I haven’t slept at all. I’m shattered and I want my old bed back 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I got out of the wrong side of the bed today and feel so irrationally annoyed at everything. Shouted at my kids before school this morning and even though I apologised to them and they went into school happy I still feel crappy about it. Currently wallowing in a hot bath hoping it’ll make me feel better.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Food Delivery riders, these little shitbags on Mopeds!!!

These little shits are really grinding my gears now, bad enough they ride like nutters but many of them are riding with BALD tyres and
their latest thing, parking on pavements. It's bad enough they park on Red Routes but now taking to parking on pavements which is
illegal in the London area and has been for years.

Reactions: 1
The fact my other half forgot today was a bank holiday so booked work in. He's not going to be home til gone 7, working tomorrow and Easter Monday (he forgot that was a bank holiday too). I'm grateful he's busy as he runs his own business but it would have been nice to enjoy some time together

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
The fact my other half forgot today was a bank holiday so booked work in. He's not going to be home til gone 7, working tomorrow and Easter Monday (he forgot that was a bank holiday too). I'm grateful he's busy as he runs his own business but it would have been nice to enjoy some time together
I only knew it was Easter LAST WEEK, I really had no idea, I can't even believe it's April already.