90s fashion nostalgia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had one! I loved it so, all my colleagues got one too 😂 there’s a photo of me wearing it, it’s absolutely massive on me (had a mental block that anything smaller than a 14 would fit) but I look thrilled to bits with it!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I can’t remember if it was H&M or where but I was desperate for one like a denim Mac? They never had my size though, may have dodged a bullet there 🤣
Mine was from H&M - it was calf length but a typical denim jacket style, same collar and buttons etc. I absolutely loved it, thought I was the bees knees!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
If you were a Britpop kid, you never went anywhere without an Adidas trackie top, preferably one with the old logo on that you'd got from a charity shop or sotlen from an older sibling. Paired with a tight t-shirt in a primary colour with contrast collar and cuff detail. There was an absolutely beautiful boy who went to gigs at the same place as us who had this collection of tight, shiny old-school football tops which he wore with white jeans and eyeliner. All the girls were obsessed with him but were usually too scared to talk to him. He went to the same college as me and never had a book bag. He just sort of hugged a sticker-covered ring binder all the time. I was never that stylish.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but 'HEAD' bags were the schoolbag to have at my school. I had a pink and white one and thought I was the dogs nads.

Also had a Russell Athletic hoodie and Nike Air Icarus with matching colours.

I also adored a baggy jumper which had roman letters and numerals across the front.

United Colours of Benetton and Fruit of the Loom jumpers were massively popular as well.

I also swanned around with ablack mesh Morgan (Morgan de Toi) bag at some point

Reactions: 9
I remember late 90s when everyone wore Adidas three stripe trackie bottoms and trainers with everything and to eveywhere 🤣 I even went to a birthday party in them

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I remember late 90s when everyone wore Adidas three stripe trackie bottoms and trainers with everything and to eveywhere 🤣 I even went to a birthday party in them
Over sized too 🤣🤣 I wanted the lime green adidas suite fir my 13th birthday! I’m so glad my Nan couldn’t get that n got me the black n line green stripes lol doubt it fit me now lol

A lot of this will probably already have been mentioned .....
Spice girls style anything , usually baby spice style buffalo trainers , huge heels . I did have a bit of a sporty spice phase , all tracksuits that's really didn't suite me at all. And later on in the 90s those ridiculous tracksuit bottoms that had poppers all down the outside of the leg 😂 I had a huge oversized Nike or adidas puffa coat 😅 again must have looked ridiculous.
Skirt over trouser combo . 3/4 length combat style trousers in baby pink or baby blue. I think old fashioned pedal pushers made a comeback for a time too. Cami dress with shirt sleeve t-shirt. Cycling shorts and t-shirts/jumper Princess Diana style. I can remember I had a pair of beige check hipster trousers which I wanted to wear alllllllll the time with a crop top. Fcuk tops , might be pushing the 00s woth that one. I also had a pair of flare jeans with a dragon down the leg / flare which was very in the style of sisqo ( the thong song) 😂😂

Reactions: 6
Over sized too 🤣🤣 I wanted the lime green adidas suite fir my 13th birthday! I’m so glad my Nan couldn’t get that n got me the black n line green stripes lol doubt it fit me now lol
I had a lime green Adidas jumper!!! That's what I wore with my trackies to the birthday party!!! No lie 😂 😂 😂 😂

A lot of this will probably already have been mentioned .....
Spice girls style anything , usually baby spice style buffalo trainers , huge heels . I did have a bit of a sporty spice phase , all tracksuits that's really didn't suite me at all. And later on in the 90s those ridiculous tracksuit bottoms that had poppers all down the outside of the leg 😂 I had a huge oversized Nike or adidas puffa coat 😅 again must have looked ridiculous.
Skirt over trouser combo . 3/4 length combat style trousers in baby pink or baby blue. I think old fashioned pedal pushers made a comeback for a time too. Cami dress with shirt sleeve t-shirt. Cycling shorts and t-shirts/jumper Princess Diana style. I can remember I had a pair of beige check hipster trousers which I wanted to wear alllllllll the time with a crop top. Fcuk tops , might be pushing the 00s woth that one. I also had a pair of flare jeans with a dragon down the leg / flare which was very in the style of sisqo ( the thong song) 😂😂
You’ve just explained my whole wardrobe hahah pedal pushers with wedge shoes n nice top hahaha
I had rhe sandals the steps girls wore there were stretchers! They bloody killed me feet so didn’t really wear them lol

• Heart
  • Haha
If you were a Britpop kid, you never went anywhere without an Adidas trackie top, preferably one with the old logo on that you'd got from a charity shop or sotlen from an older sibling. Paired with a tight t-shirt in a primary colour with contrast collar and cuff detail. There was an absolutely beautiful boy who went to gigs at the same place as us who had this collection of tight, shiny old-school football tops which he wore with white jeans and eyeliner. All the girls were obsessed with him but were usually too scared to talk to him. He went to the same college as me and never had a book bag. He just sort of hugged a sticker-covered ring binder all the time. I was never that stylish.
Yep. I had a satin Adidas hooded jacket in black and people would stop and ask me where I got it! I also had a burgundy Red or Dead contrast trim t shirt that I wore to death.

I loved pedal pushers! They work with the shape of my legs for some reason. I don't like how shorts for women these days are all so tiny. I have dodgy skin on my thighs and prefer to keep them hidden.

Yep. I had a satin Adidas hooded jacket in black and people would stop and ask me where I got it! I also had a burgundy Red or Dead contrast trim t shirt that I wore to death.
I'm pretty sure I had a red or dead denim bag for school , the ones that you wore across the body and flaped over opening

I was never allowed one as they cost too much but Global Hypercolour T Shirts that changed colour basically where you got sweaty😂🤢
I had one and wore it in the sea for some reason it didn’t work after that 🤦🏻‍♀️😆

I had two pop swatch watches , my husband bought me one for Christmas a few years ago for a bit of nostalgia but it wasn’t the same😭 the face of the watch didn’t pop out anymore!

When that was the whole point you could swap the face with your boyfriends to show you were a couple 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I had one and wore it in the sea for some reason it didn’t work after that 🤦🏻‍♀️😆

I had two pop swatch watches , my husband bought me one for Christmas a few years ago for a bit of nostalgia but it wasn’t the same😭 the face of the watch didn’t pop out anymore!

When that was the whole point you could swap the face with your boyfriends to show you were a couple 😂
Oh god I always wanted a pop swatch but my mum always said they were too big for my wrists! I still desperately want one to satisfy my 14 year old self.

• Heart
I found an old sleeping bag in my wardrobe earlier with a very '90s sun and moon motif on it. Suns and moons were popular at the same time as dolphins.

• Heart