90s fashion nostalgia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Argos Jewellery too! I felt like I was rich wearing real gold! I had most of the little animal studs! Always put those spikey hoop earrings on my Christmas list every year but my mum wouldn’t let me have them. She said they were ugly!
I had the faith, hope and charity necklace from good old Lizzie Duke!

Reactions: 4
At my school, sovereign rings and chunky gold necklaces were fashionable, I never wanted either but boys and girls were wearing them

I loved a sovereign ring!
I also had a St Christopher necklace. They were quite popular too. I loved my faith, hope and charity necklace but I remember losing it soon after getting it and being really gutted. I was from quite a poor family but I always seemed to get a nice amount of Elizabeth Duke jewellery at Christmas to put into my musical ballerina jewellery box! Which was also from Argos!

Reactions: 7
Past Times used to have a lot of similar jewellery too. I liked that shop.
Past Times was amazing. I've still got a bag that I bought there. It's blue tapestry, with gold rope handles. God knows where it is though. Stuffed in a cupboard somewhere.

One thing I could never get on board with was Fruit of the Loom sweatshirts. Mid 90s fare. I thought they looked crap but everyone else had them.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You've sent me down a wormhole lol. Charles Rennie Mackintosh anyone?

View attachment 1054143
YES 🙌 🤣 most of the ‘good’ jewellery that I got for my 16th and 18th birthday heavily featured old Charles Rennie 😝 it’s consigned to my jewellery box now but was everywhere at the time.

One thing I could never get on board with was Fruit of the Loom sweatshirts. Mid 90s fare. I thought they looked crap but everyone else had them.
I’ve ordered some personalised birthday T-shirts in recent years for my son from eBay and they have fruit of loom tags on so still exists, to be fair the quality is fine but was a blast from the past when saw the label!

Reactions: 1
If you ever got arrested and had your clothes taken away or ended up in prison, the grey tracksuits they issue are usually Fruit Of The Loom 😂

• Haha
If you ever got arrested and had your clothes taken away or ended up in prison, the grey tracksuits they issue are usually Fruit Of The Loom 😂
My dad had a yellow Fruit of the Loom polo shirt with the logo on the front, 10-year-old me thought it was a bona fide designer brand :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Flash back after people mentioning Fruit of the loom!
Those Calvin Klein Tshirts everyone wore, most ended up being knock offs from Tenerife or that but I had a genuine little black 1 that I practically lived in.
I also used to wear baggy sports jumpers and white cycling shorts. I think I wore a cheap bum bag from the market until someone at school called it a fanny pack and I was mortified cos I didn't know American's called bum's fanny's 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Mikey jewellery. In particular, the diamanté belt buckle necklaces like this.

1645834081761.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Anyone remember Bow Bangles, the forerunner of Claire's Accessories?

Also, not exactly fashion, but I always used to get my back to school stuff and "wacky" keyrings from Stationery Box.

I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm going to a birthday party and the theme is 'Rock your Decade' so you have to dress as the decade you were born in. I was born in the 90s but I have no idea what was fashionable back then (if it was a 'rock your teens' theme I'd have no trouble dressing in 00s fashion).

I hope it's ok to ask here, but what do you guys think about this outfit? I'm probably overthinking this but I want to get it right 😂

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm going to a birthday party and the theme is 'Rock your Decade' so you have to dress as the decade you were born in. I was born in the 90s but I have no idea what was fashionable back then (if it was a 'rock your teens' theme I'd have no trouble dressing in 00s fashion).

I hope it's ok to ask here, but what do you guys think about this outfit? I'm probably overthinking this but I want to get it right 😂

Thanks for your help!
Yes that’s very 90s! I got a dress like that from The clothes show not sure what year!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Everyone went back to school with a new Head bag. There was a market stall that had mini ones we used as pencil cases too.

dcf75ec2e21b160d88547d438f22962f--gym-stuff-sports-bags.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Thanks for your help!
You’ve got it bang on! Have fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Thanks for your help!
Get some Rimmel Coffee shimmer or Heather Shimmer lipstick too. They make it again

• Heart

Thanks for your help!
I was a teen in the 90s (born in 79) That outfit is spot on! Enjoy the party :)

• Heart