90s fashion nostalgia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found an old sleeping bag in my wardrobe earlier with a very '90s sun and moon motif on it. Suns and moons were popular at the same time as dolphins.
I had the blue bedding with yellow suns and moons on, also had the gold dolphin necklace with matching earrings from H Samuel! I’ve still got them🤣

Reactions: 8
I had the blue bedding with yellow suns and moons on, also had the gold dolphin necklace with matching earrings from H Samuel! I’ve still got them🤣
I had the bedding too! With light yellow n blue wallpaper (but think that was already on the walls as swapped bedrooms with my parents lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a t-shirt with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John in Grease on it, with the Grease lettering altered to "Geeks".
Some boys at college had t-shirts with the Ford logo on altered to "Fuct", or the old Apple logo changed to F***intosh.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had the star n moon bedding 🤣🤣
I had the rug and a little mini table runner. I took my children to Lego Land a few years ago and stayed in a Wizard room (I think) and it had very similar decor. It was like being transported back to my teenage bedroom but the floating candles and pot pourri were swapped for owls with glowing eyes and potions.

Reactions: 4
I had the rug and a little mini table runner. I took my children to Lego Land a few years ago and stayed in a Wizard room (I think) and it had very similar decor. It was like being transported back to my teenage bedroom but the floating candles and pot pourri were swapped for owls with glowing eyes and potions.
I need to dig out my 90s photos lol

Those platform sandals have reminded me that I got trainers with that heel on from Shellys when I was at uni. After a week of wearing them they had rubbed the skin off the top of my foot, and the wound then went green! Had to have strong antibiotics to get rid of it 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
I always wanted this bedding from Argos. Been a bit obsessed with it recently but the modern incarnations don't seem quite right.

I had a little clay celestial sun-shaped radiator magnet that was from The Body Shop and scented with the Ananya fragrance. You could drop the fragrance oil on it to refresh the scent. Wish I knew what happened to it.

I was obsessed with The Sweater Shop. The striped jumpers. Used to wear one on school cross-country runs lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Those platform sandals have reminded me that I got trainers with that heel on from Shellys when I was at uni. After a week of wearing them they had rubbed the skin off the top of my foot, and the wound then went green! Had to have strong antibiotics to get rid of it 🤣
What happened to Shellys? I remember being awed by their Covent Garden store as a visiting teen.

Reactions: 4
I cannot express the joy i have felt reading this thread and seeing pics shared :love:

I have also come to realise I still have A LOT of my 90s bits and bobs :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve just remembered my collection of waistcoats. Obviously I had a denim one, I got a dogtooth check one which I used to wear with a black polo neck and black miniskirt, ooh I felt sophisticated! I had a longer black one that I wore with an ankle length straight skirt with buttons, a crochet one and an ankle length black knitted one that I wore to my admin job when I wanted to feel kick ass 🤩 I wish I had kept my long black skirt with a big split, you know the ones that went with a wonder bra and a fishnet top!
---
PS I hate gilets though

Reactions: 2