24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They can be bailed pending further investigations which can lead to further bail, a charge or leaving it alone.

Reactions: 2
What a disturbing case and a vile person.

Can someone please explain to me how bail works? I understand the bail conditions part of it but I thought it was either a charge and custody or bail?
Why do they still get bail when not charged? I thought as the cps refused charges they are technically released as not guilty?
If the CPS haven't reached a charging decision then the person can be released on bail whilst the police investigate more. They can only hold someone in custody for a certain time (sometimes it's extended) so in that time if the CPS can't decide then they are bailed. It just gives the police more time to gather more facts so the cps can say yes or no. A lot of people are bailed from police custody.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know if it was just those 3 episodes or if there’s more coming? Only just caught up on the last episode which was a very difficult watch 😢

I remember this being shared on the polices FB page when it happened. Was absolutely horrific

Of all the things I’ve seen on this show, this is… genuinely terrifying.

Reactions: 14
They said he was in the pub with his mother and not the other lads and wasn't involved with the fight.
Yes the link works.
It was a while ago now but I'm still not over the CCTV - obviously that kinda stuff isn't shared on the police FB pages just the words. Unfortunately says a lot about this county now (that the series is based on our police force) I barely feel safe here anymore 😪

Finally worked out how to spoiler things and not ruin threads at least.

Reactions: 6
This guys eyes when he’s being interviewed are so scary. Really intimidating.

Reactions: 14
The footage at the start was horrific. The last footage I remember being this was was the one where a house was robbed and there was CCTV of a woman being dragged across the floor by her hair

The emergency services handled the situation very well

Reactions: 1
I am watching it as I don't allow my husband to watch things like this as he will talk about it for days and not sleep so going to watch it now whilst he is asleep (he has dementia)

• Heart
Reactions: 12