2024 US Election

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These are felony convictions so it will be prison, not jail, that he goes to. If he goes.
---

Are you in the UK? I think it’s the same there. Bobby Sands was able to stand for election (and he won) while he was in prison. There was no law stopping him running for office even though he was in prison.
I am uk. Scotland.
I honestly thought there was something in the constitution that prevented someone from being president with a felony, or, being in prison. I'm not sure why or how I came to think that, maybe just thought it was logical it would be a no 😅
Even worse, been arguing my point with my husband and now need to tell him he was right which really, really sucks.
---
It’s the same in other countries. People have run for office even from prison cells. Anyone can run. Voters decide who wins. I really don’t see why people are surprised by this.
For me it's the fact it's the PRESIDENT of the United States we're talking about. That holds great power, great standing. For that role I honestly thought something would be in place preventing this.
Not about other countries or other roles, purely thought cause it was the president it would have been held in a greater esteem as to who could hold that position. That's all.

Reactions: 6
Listening to the radio, a US political commentator reckons that Trump may well just get a hefty fine & avoid prison.
White-collar crime, victimless felony etc etc

• Sick
Reactions: 2
It's already peaked and is dropping out of the UK news, some sites it's half way down the page already as apparently Angelina Jolie's adopted kid hating Brad Pitt is more important, only the reds at the BBC and the Guardian are still trying to keep it their top headline, probably so they don't have to report on Diane Abbott etc for a bit.

All it's done is to demonstrate how completely fecked up the USA is.

Reactions: 4
It would not surprise me if this whole saga only made him more popular amongst his voter base.
Undoubtedly. And should he win he will be coming for senior Democrats big time.

Marius led to Sulla, who led to Pompey, who lead to Caesar. Which led to the dissolution of the Republic, Civil War and a long drawn collapse of the greatest Empire in the world.

Reactions: 2
Surely Joe must Go? I've only seen a few short clips but at least Trump is coherent?

Love how the MSM is all "yeah but Trump told a couple of lies! We're going to "factcheck" the hell out of him!!!" and completely ignoring the wreck that was Biden!

:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Screenshot_20240628_101956_Facebook.jpg

What a tit show. Every time I see Trump and Bide , I'm reminded of the South Park election episode, where the choice of candidates is either the Giant Douche or the Turd Sandwich.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Bloody idiotic and selfish of Biden for running again, he has no hope and we're now facing another 4 years of Trump

Reactions: 4
So many Americans are not happy with the choice between the two so surely anyone else would have a better chance against Trump?!? Is it just that Biden won't step down and there's no way to make him?

So many Americans are not happy with the choice between the two so surely anyone else would have a better chance against Trump?!? Is it just that Biden won't step down and there's no way to make him?
I thought Kamala Harris would have been a better choice than Biden.

New to the threads folks just want to add, why do so many folks seem to be surprised ay Biden's performance in the debate? Have they not been watching him at other events?? He actually did better than I was expecting.
---
I find it hard to believe that there is not one other person in the US with the same resume/skills/beliefs/morals etc and 20 years younger than Biden that could replace him. Trump and Biden really are the best that the US can produce in the way of a statesman.