Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
It ‘s quite something to consider that in a country of 150 million + people. Joe Biden and Donald Trump are considered the best two candidates for president.

Might as well Vote Elmo…..

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Bridgeofsighs

VIP Member
I despise Alice but I agree that if orange wank maggot wins we are done for. Not just America but the Uk as well. No offense but I don’t delve into other countries and their politics so if you’re not American or highly schooled in our politics then I doubt you have a clue how fucked we are. It boggles my mind.
I know a lot about US politics (I watch Jimmy Dore, Due Dissidence etc) but life goes on regardless of who is president. Things have got worse rather than better under Biden which people don't mention due to bias or because they are rich and it doesn't affect them. The US is sinking for sure, with or without Trump. He's not all powerful lol and there are other forces at play. We will all have to tighten our belts - Alice more than most. Only 2 months left in her lovely BH pad. Shame.

I am wondering why the fuck IG has to pay for her lawyers anyway? Is that the law in the US?? Will he get it all reimbursed out of her spousal?? All the money she spent on them was a complete waste.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
I despise Alice but I agree that if orange wank maggot wins we are done for. Not just America but the Uk as well. No offense but I don’t delve into other countries and their politics so if you’re not American or highly schooled in our politics then I doubt you have a clue how fucked we are. It boggles my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I just don't understand why both parties think nothing of having candidates that are 80/pushing 80. Usually I hate ageism BUT come on, both are past their prime, one definitely had memory issues and is basically being held up lest he flops over in his chair, and the other is such a sleeze. And both have had their turn, each! Give it a rest! Is this really the best America can offer?! The parties need to back some younger candidates, seriously.

The Republicans need a young face, and the Democrats need someone who doesn't live in cloud cuckoo land. And certainly not Kamala, who whenever she speaks sounds as dumb as a box of rocks.

Surely there are plenty of honest and dynamic people on both sides who can step forward? Or are they being prevented from doing so?

America fascinates me :LOL: P.s. I think both parties are incredibly corrupt.
The alarming thing is that many folk see Trump as some sort of cartoon villain, but he's unhinged and has axes to grind.
Like you say, the fact that 4 years have passed and it's the same 2 men running again is quite unbelievable.

Reactions: 10

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I just don't understand why both parties think nothing of having candidates that are 80/pushing 80. Usually I hate ageism BUT come on, both are past their prime, one definitely had memory issues and is basically being held up lest he flops over in his chair, and the other is such a sleeze. And both have had their turn, each! Give it a rest! Is this really the best America can offer?! The parties need to back some younger candidates, seriously.

The Republicans need a young face, and the Democrats need someone who doesn't live in cloud cuckoo land. And certainly not Kamala, who whenever she speaks sounds as dumb as a box of rocks.

Surely there are plenty of honest and dynamic people on both sides who can step forward? Or are they being prevented from doing so?

• Heart
Reactions: 8

NeverEnough

VIP Member

Anyone still thinking the world isn’t entering a very dangerous phase? The last time America chose isolation was between 1918-1941. The end was not good.

Meanwhile the West is focusing on building windmills and deciding if someone with a Willy is a woman. Meanwhile China, Russia, North Korea and Iran are arming themselves.

“Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it”

Reactions: 6

Yel

Chatty Member
I just don't understand why both parties think nothing of having candidates that are 80/pushing 80. Usually I hate ageism BUT come on
Ageism often seems to be only one way. So many countries have minimum ages for public offices of different levels above voting age but from what I can see none have a maximum age.

Same with a driving license. They should set a maximum age you can hold it before you have to take a test of some sorts.

In Italy you need to be 50+ to be president!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Very worrying if Trump wins, Iran, Russia, China, North Korea will be rubbing their hands.
Biden's no better option, struggling with the trials of old age.
What a shitshow.

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm totally exhausted by it all already and just want to emotionally dump on Elmo.

But probably time to set up a thread.

Joe is going to have to be put out to pasture before July.

The Elmo twitter thread should probably go down in the history books to register sentiment.

bread-pitt

Not being from the US myself it does make one wonder how these two are the best choices to run for president in a population of that size. Then again, things aren't much better over here.
It takes a lot of money and connections to run for president. There are better people in both parties (and in the smaller parties, for that matter). But they don’t have the money or the connections to make it. I ran for office very locally. It wasn’t even at county level. My opponent (who won) was not necessarily the better candidate but she out-raised and out-spent me something like 10-1. She also had connections that I didn’t.

Reactions: 4

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
Can I ask why you believe there will be no freedom in the US if Trump is elected?
Because he will be a dictator. He said as much himself. And most of the Republican Party and the Supreme Court are in bed with Putin. Their aim is to take away women’s rights to abortion, birth control, IVF, free and fair elections, Social Security, Medicare, and to put the safety of our country and our children at the bottom of the to do list. They won’t pass gun legislation because assault rifles bring in big money for them. It’s all about money and power. Trump loves and identifies with dictators. I’m completely devastated with the turn our country has taken. We are in very deep shit if the Supreme Court grants Trump immunity for his part in the January 6th insurrection. Look, I’ve been through a lot in my many years. The Cuban Missile Crisis, the John F. Kennedy Assassination, Vietnam War, Robert Kennedy’s Assassination, Watergate, etc.
Although I was a child I vividly remember as I have always been interested and involved in everything. Never have I been more afraid of the future. I have a terrible foreboding of doom. And no I’m not a soothsayer, just someone with a lifetime of experience.

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
I don’t understand Biden not throwing his weight behind a successor. When Obama asked him to be VP he replied that he’s 65 years old so Obama doesn’t need to worry about him eyeing the presidency, he just wants to be part of decision making. (It’s in one of hatehadars links a few posts back.) He knew even then that his age was an issue. It seems farcical to pretend it isn’t now. Trump isn’t that much younger but he seems sharper and isn’t as slow moving. That’s a big advantage right there. I really feel he’s dropped the ball and let the side down at a crucial point.
Watch his state of the union address and you’ll see the real Biden. Not something the news media has focused on and exacerbated. Biden is a lifelong stutterer. He has courageously overcome it but of course it comes out at times. Trump is addicted to adderall, a prescription for ADHD. He is also a criminal who has caused so much suffering in my country for the past 8 years, trying to take away people’s healthcare, allowing brutal gun violence to take little children’s lives while they attempt to learn under the threat of being shot to death in their own classrooms! Have you ever read Sandy Hook? I challenge you to read it.
Furthermore Trump gave a huge tax break to the he wealthy during his administration while ignoring the middle class.
He is a monster and Biden is trying to stop him.
It takes a tremendous amount of money and time to run for president. And if you have any skeletons in your closet it will be exposed. Some people don’t want to do that. Trump doesn’t give a shit.

Would I prefer Biden to be younger? Of course I would! But not if it meant he lost his lifetime of experience.
This is my last post on this thread. I’m fed up trying to convince anyone here of the truth. I never realized how my allies? across the pond felt about my country and I’m sick of the insults. America is in a state of crisis and we are fighting for our democracy. None of this is a joke.

BessieNessie

VIP Member
I don’t understand Biden not throwing his weight behind a successor. When Obama asked him to be VP he replied that he’s 65 years old so Obama doesn’t need to worry about him eyeing the presidency, he just wants to be part of decision making. (It’s in one of hatehadars links a few posts back.) He knew even then that his age was an issue. It seems farcical to pretend it isn’t now. Trump isn’t that much younger but he seems sharper and isn’t as slow moving. That’s a big advantage right there. I really feel he’s dropped the ball and let the side down at a crucial point.

bread-pitt

I’m done with it already and our primary isn’t even until August! We have almost a year of this to get through.

Reactions: 3

Bridgeofsighs

VIP Member
James Patrick Anthony Dore is an American stand-up comedian, political commentator, conspiracy theorist, podcaster and YouTube personality. He is the host of The Jimmy Dore Show, a comedic political talk show on YouTube. Wikipedia
That will explain everything there is to know about American politics. 🧐
Yes. The alternative media is where is at Greenwald, Mate, Blumenthal etc If you watch CNN, MSNBC, Fox etc you are being brainwashed. In fact, I don't know how people stand being lied to all day every day without shooting the TV. BTW the counter intelligence officers (aka professional liars) use wiki to smear people. No wonder you believe "we are done for" if Trump is elected - that's what they want you to believe. They want you to shit your pants and not be able to think straight. It's called programming on the TV for a reason.

Don't be an Alice. Explore other media. Read "Manufacturing Consent". Americans remind me of Russians just before the Soviet Union imploded.
---
Yep. I wouldn't vote for either of them. Two cheeks on the same arse.

• Sick

Yel

Chatty Member
It's kinda reassuring that you can still tell they are faked AI images. Won't be long until it's impossible to tell.

Did Trump achieve much in his last term anyway? He seemed to spend most of it claiming he had whilst just transferring as much wealth as he could from the government purse to his family and friends.

IHateHadargoyle

VIP Member
OMG we’re on a thread for the US Election. 👀 . I don’t understand the nuances of US politics, certainly not well enough to debate it and it’s not my place to do that anyway. I just have a view of it from the outside looking in and Biden seems like a genuinely good man from here albeit perhaps a little old for another round. I hope everything goes well for you, you have an amazing country with great people and I hope that heeling and unity come soon. 🧡
Thank you for that. He is a very good and decent man. The past 8 years have been brutal because of Trump and his sycophants. We’re in a fight for justice, freedom, and what is right and decent. Some don’t see what is happening or refuse to see it. It’s damn sick when a woman’s body is now being controlled by a bunch of misogynistic power hungry hypocrites. I fear going on outings now because I might get shot by some loon or teenager carrying a weapon of war. We have more guns than people now!. If Trump is elected there will be no more freedom. I can’t live in an autocracy.

• Heart