2024 Celebrity Death Pool #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shifty Shellshock singer from Crazytown has died age 49. Could have sworn he died a few years back 🤷🏼‍♀️
Great name though. Poor fella. he was really proud of his sobriety. Sounds like he found it too late though. :(

My July bonus is, as ever, Harry Styles. ❤ If someone else has picked him, then his ex-girlfriend Taylor Swift.

And now I'm going into hiding because there are a lot of people who will want ME dead.

Reactions: 6
Great name though. Poor fella. he was really proud of his sobriety. Sounds like he found it too late though. :(

My July bonus is, as ever, Harry Styles. ❤ If someone else has picked him, then his ex-girlfriend Taylor Swift.

And now I'm going into hiding because there are a lot of people who will want ME dead.
Ugh least everyone can stop going on about her bloody tour like she's the bloody king. Sick of hearing her smug face and her weird infantalised fans

• Heart
Reactions: 7
When I read that Shifty Shellshock had died, I remembered his name being on the Wiki and thought whoever had picked him would be in for looooads of points and maybe top spot on the leaderboard, considering how young he was. I had't quite computed that his big hit single was nearly 24 years ago!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Noteworthy deaths on this date (26th June) in history:

1830 King George IV of England
1939 Ford Maddox Ford, author
1947 Richard Bedford Bennett, 11th Prime Minister of Canada
1992 Phil Rubenstein, writer (Robocop, Tango & Cash)
1996 Veronica Guerin, Irish crime journalist killed by drug lords
1997 Israel Kamakawiwo’ole, Native Hawaiian singer (His version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World is beautiful)
2003 Dennis Thatcher, who somehow managed to put his dick in Margaret Thatcher (that isn’t how he died)
2005 Richard Whitely, Countdown host and ferret nemesis
2007 Liz Claiborne, American fashion designer
2012 Nora Ephron, novelist and screenwriter (When Harry Met Sally)
2019 Beth Chapman, Dog wrangler and bounty hunter
2022 Margaret Keane, American painter whose husband claimed credit for her work, grr!
---
Can I nominate myself? Not a celeb but melting in the heat 💥💯
I misread that and thought you'd been in Heat magazine.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
For the bonus round I'd like to nominate Joan Bakewell please.

By the way I'd not heard of Simon Fowler of Ocean Colour Scene, which leads me to ask. How many people should we say it takes to have 'not heard of somebody'?? I'm off to google this name now.

Reactions: 1
For the bonus round I'd like to nominate Joan Bakewell please.

By the way I'd not heard of Simon Fowler of Ocean Colour Scene, which leads me to ask. How many people should we say it takes to have 'not heard of somebody'?? I'm off to google this name now.
Saying "The singer from Ocean Colour Scene" would have sufficed.

• Haha
Noteworthy deaths on this date (26th June) in history:

1830 King George IV of England
1939 Ford Maddox Ford, author
1947 Richard Bedford Bennett, 11th Prime Minister of Canada
1992 Phil Rubenstein, writer (Robocop, Tango & Cash)
1996 Veronica Guerin, Irish crime journalist killed by drug lords
1997 Israel Kamakawiwo’ole, Native Hawaiian singer (His version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World is beautiful)
2003 Dennis Thatcher, who somehow managed to put his dick in Margaret Thatcher (that isn’t how he died)
2005 Richard Whitely, Countdown host and ferret nemesis
2007 Liz Claiborne, American fashion designer
2012 Nora Ephron, novelist and screenwriter (When Harry Met Sally)
2019 Beth Chapman, Dog wrangler and bounty hunter
2022 Margaret Keane, American painter whose husband claimed credit for her work, grr!
It’s five years since Beth Chapman died? Time really does fly.

RIP Bill Cobbs, actor, who you'll know from the Dick-featuring film Night At The Museum.

nul points

Reactions: 4
I’m having a “battle of the jackasses” for my July bonus: John Voight, Clint Eastwood or Rupert Murdoch, with Julie Andrews as a non-jackass wildcard.

duck it, I’ll go with Clint Eastwood to rant at the great empty chair in the sky.