Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
@Welshgal Ah this is the kind of fabulous reply I was hoping for! Thank you so much šŸ˜„ Phantasialand also looks amazing so I'll have to see if I can swing an extended trip to Germany! šŸ’š

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Lonewolf

VIP Member
Not sure if this is the right thread to post in as it's a bit of a rant but it's concerning a holiday so here goes šŸ¤£

I've booked a week in lovely 4* Hotel to visit in Sept and also joined the hotels page on Facebook and alls I keep seeing is posts from people saying they are staying in this hotel but have family on same holiday but in different hotel elsewhere and can they use the facilities/private beach at this one šŸ¤”

Well am I just getting old & grumpy but isn't this a bit rude and also cheeky šŸ˜¬

Can anyone advise me about the Eurostar please? Hoping to do a night in London and then hop on the Eurostar and do a night in Paris and back to London. Is this doable? Obviously it is but is more than one night two days in Paris necessary? I'm going more for the Eurostar than Paris to be perfectly honest.

Thanks in advance ā˜ŗ

instasham13

Chatty Member
A friend of mine is a travel agent and she says that last minute deals are mostly a thing of the past. Itā€˜s best to book early with a flex option so youā€˜re prepared for what might come but also if there is something cheaper you can switch
Surely switching a holiday last minute would incurr charges because it's so close to the travel date though? I do agree with your friend though, I don't think last min deals are that easy to find anymore. I usually book a holiday 1 year in advance, sometimes 18 months and pay it up.

Romy

VIP Member
Stay off site, if you stay at valid Europe itā€™s literally one stop on the RER and takes 5 mins, if you get an apartment you can take lunch/snacks with you.
Val d'Europe.

Also careful, even if you have already your pass (even the anual one) or tickets without mention of the day, you have to register previously for each day, otherwise they won't let you in. This is recent.

allthingschocolate

Hi does anyone know the best time to book flights to the USA looked the other day and for myself and my daughter it was Ā£800 one day later it had gone up by Ā£450 which is ridiculous as we could have gone premium for that! Hoping they may come back down again but it is Easter Holiday time when we would be flying šŸ™ˆ

Just copied and pasted from another post, can I have advice?
58539656-2A8D-4AAC-9AC6-1A82D200CC79.jpeg
A85226D0-BEA6-4E5F-80EB-01D348CFC8AD.jpeg
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post, but back from my holidays yesterday, we had a 5* all inclusive, paid a fair bit for it and the pictures and reviews were amazing. When we arrived and shown to our room, the doorman opened our apartment to find water dripping from the ceilings (I kid you not this was our first insight to the room) we were told we would have a partial sea view room. If you crook your neck around the balcony and squint you might be able to see the seašŸ˜‚ I said I wasnā€™t happy with the water coming from the ceiling, we paid a lot and the staff told me it wasnā€™t a big issue the maintance men would be round to fix it in 5 minutes. They fixed it but left the roof with gaping holes where 100s of ants were invading the floor and sink and all over my toothbrush šŸ¤®The cracks in the floors meant we have cut and hurt our feet a few times, the food was absolutely horrendous. So bland and the exact same this every lunch and evening. I know this seems such a first world problem and I should be happy with the hols but we really saved for this holiday and I feel we were majorly ripped off with the hotel and the condition it was in. I didnā€™t have insurance (stupid of me I know). Is there anything I can do to try and get the slightest bit of compensation?

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Not all the theme parks are Disney, just so you know. Disney own four theme parks, two water parks and a shopping area.
Universal Studios also has two theme parks & a water park and thereā€™s also Busch gardens & Aquatica. Those are nothing to do with Disney ā˜ŗ.
Although to be honest Iā€™m not a Disney fan, but Iā€™ve been to the Disney parks and they are brill! šŸ˜‚

Iā€™d probably stay in a few different areas outside of Orlando if you arenā€™t fussed on theme parks. Clearwater, Miami, Key West, Fort Lauderdale & St Augustine are all lovely.

Hotels totally depend on the area. You used to be able to get flights for around Ā£500pp, but now itā€™s more like Ā£700pp depending when you travel. :)
Iā€™ve been having a look. Iā€™d like to go a theme park but my friend doesnā€™t like rides and is against going so maybe unless I go alone we wonā€™t go. I donā€™t mind going alone and if she wants to have a chill day then maybe I will.
Itā€™s actually cheaper than I expected. I definitely like a mix of busy days and relaxing days. I was looking at Miami Beach to stay possibly. Do you know if Daytona is good? Iā€™d love to go when the cheerleading is on, I loved cheer on Netflix šŸ˜‚

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Looking at either booking Thailand, Vietnam or the Philippines, wondering if anyone had been to them all or two and which you preferred?

Xmas market questions! I did post this in another thread

A friend and I want to do a Xmas market abroad. Where is good to go? And are there any that start in Nov?
I canā€™t really take time off in Dec.
Iā€™m sure somebody mentioned that Croatia is good.
Also is there a website maybe with some info

travelbug20

Hello! No idea if this is the right thread...

We are thinking of booking a few days in the Cotswolds this summer, we're craving a few days of country living (we're both from the country originally) and would like to book a little cottage and explore the area, nice walks, country pubs etc.

Anyway, has anyone been or even live there that could advise the best area to stay? (Bonus if you have any recommendations for things to do as well)

Thanks in advance

Welshgal

VIP Member
Thank you!

Has anyone ever been to Majorca/Ibiza end of Sept/beginning of October? Is the weather still good?
A friend of mine went at the end of September in 2021 and they had a bit of a mixed bag and got
quite unlucky with more rain than usual.

Delia Smith

VIP Member
Has anyone travelled to the USA very recently, what is the situation with Covid passports, is it okay to use the same NHS covid app thingy as last year? My last vaccine was Jan 2022

Mammy2021

VIP Member
Depends how many days you actually plan on doing and which parks? Itā€™s quite often cheaper to just go for the 14 day tickets. Maybe just lower the amount of parks you want to do? So say go just go Universalā€™s parks, Disneyā€™s parks or some of the others.

you will probably be back at some point anyway! We did a ā€œonce in a lifetimeā€ trip in 2017 and have been now 3 times!
Thanks for that! šŸ˜

allthingschocolate

Hi has anyone been on a cruise at all? If so which company would you recommend? I looked at MSC but it does seem as though there are a lot of extra add ons things that arenā€™t included etc! I donā€™t have a huge budget as a single mom but looking to try something different for a change for end of august school hols! there is just me & my daughter or if anyone has suggestions on how to keep costs down for going abroad that would be much appreciated ā˜ŗ

HarJR289

Chatty Member
I booked a holiday for me and my 2 kids to a 5 star resort in Antalya and itā€™a 5 star on Trip Advisor too - 11 night, looks amazing. Got my youngest on a free child place. Few days later my partner went to book it with his two kids to join us and the free childcare place has gone šŸ˜­ donā€™t know what to do now. I took them away on my own this year to Benidorm for a week and we loved it, feel a bit iffy about Turkey on my own tho!