Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

quartz27

Xmas market questions! I did post this in another thread

A friend and I want to do a Xmas market abroad. Where is good to go? And are there any that start in Nov?
I can’t really take time off in Dec.
I’m sure somebody mentioned that Croatia is good.
Also is there a website maybe with some info
I visited Frankfurt, Germany in November 2019 and they had beautiful Christmas Markets.
I would also recommend Vienna in Austria!
Hope this helps xx

Reactions: 1

Romy

VIP Member
It’s free child place so you pay for the adult and children under a certain age go free.
Although someone I work with always booked with tui due to this. I told him about on the beach and it was much cheaper even though there was no free child place. He was shocked at how much cheaper it was.
Thank you.
Yes, they get the money somewhere else. Like when they do promotions on previously inflated prices, so the promotion costs more than the normal price.

LittleLottieLoo

Hi has anyone been on a cruise at all? If so which company would you recommend? I looked at MSC but it does seem as though there are a lot of extra add ons things that aren’t included etc! I don’t have a huge budget as a single mom but looking to try something different for a change for end of august school hols! there is just me & my daughter or if anyone has suggestions on how to keep costs down for going abroad that would be much appreciated ☺
MSC is a decent cruise company, quite bling-y as its Italian owned. Get a Bella grade cabin and the drinks package - shop around as some offer better prices than others 😀

Tiktoklurker

Do you get better prices booking package holidays for 2023 now? Prices seem very high for next year, I don’t usually book the year before but will be travelling as a group of 11.
I usually find so. However, we booked aruba today for our Honeymoon in Aug and it was very high 😭 wanted to hold on until December to book for the deals but the OH didn’t want to risk it.
If possible(and short haul) I find it’s better to book separate - My MOH booked a cheap hen doing this.
Everything is doubling in price now these days though 🫣

Welshgal

VIP Member
Has anyone here been to Europa-Park in Rust Germany? I've heard it's the cheaper alternative to Disneyland but don't really know much else! (I will stalk the internet but would love to see if you lovely people have been too)
I've been! It's brilliant and compared to Disney almost a bargain. A close friend of mine goes regularly to both and he's recently said he now prefers Europapark because he just can't justify the cost of Disney anymore and you actually get more at Europapark.

There's a huge variety of rides - lots of rollercoasters but also plenty of kid friendly stuff. Different areas that are themed (mostly) after European countries so you get a huge variety of food / drinks (not cheap but again compared to Disney it's literally (less than) half price for similar things). There's multiple hotel resorts, a camping ground and a waterpark (owned by the same family) so there's lots of combo-deals if you want to do both or spend a day just realxing at one of the hotels and spas.

There's also a parade at the end of the day and they have lots of special events (mid summer, halloween, winter wonderland etc). With Europapark being so close to France and Switzerland it's also very international so everything's written in German, French and English! I know that can be a bit of a problem in some other themeparks.

So really, the only thing they are missing are Mickey and the Princesses.

While I'm at it - my personal favorite is the Phantasialand (also in Germany, close to Cologne). Don't think there's a park that will ever come close to this kind of brilliant theming plus some of the rides there are one-of-a-kind and truly amazing. It's much smaller than Disney or Europapark but so worth it imo.

Can you tell I'm a huge theme park nerd? :sneaky:

• Heart
Does anyone know what France, in particular Paris, is like on bank holidays?
We're hoping to go in May and it falls on May 1st which is Labour day. Google says virtually all shops are closed and most restaurants are too but I figured we could get a nice picnic and go to parks etc. but not sure if it'll be a waste of a day in terms of touristy stuff and if we should move the dates. We're only planning on going for 4 days :unsure:
I don't know but make that the day for going round doing the touristy stuff that doesn't involve paying to go inside but just walking around taking in the architecture etc. There's loads to see without having to go in anywhere

• Heart

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Thank you!

Has anyone ever been to Majorca/Ibiza end of Sept/beginning of October? Is the weather still good?

Eeyore147

VIP Member
Looking for destination ideas please for family of 4 with older teenagers. Don’t want a huge hotel type place so wasn’t sure if one of the smaller greek islands be better? Or the canaries? As long as it has a pool, sun and a bar we’re pretty flexible!

strawb

VIP Member
It’s a long time since I was in Paris but my God what a city! So much to do. It’s so chic and the patisseries and restaurants 😍😍😍!!! Check out the Louvre museum, it’s amazing. I went to the palace of Versailles too and hired bikes and cycled around. If your French isn’t up to scratch, don’t worry. Most Parisians speak good English although do try make an effort and say bonjour and merci. Check some of the Paris forums like on trip advisor, they can be quite handy! Have an amazing time!
aw thank you so much! 🥰 i've booked the louvre and versailles but i had no idea you can cycle around versailles, such a good tip! i'll definitely do that

fudgebox

VIP Member
I've been considering here too. Where do you stay? I'd also want to go to Amdores as the man made beach looks lush. A colleague in work has a time share in Anfi Del Mar and I keep meaning to ask her if non guests can go there to use the beach.
We’ve stayed at a few different places! Mostly at the self catering apartments on the sides of the valley but we have stayed nearer to the harbour before but it’s just a longer walk into the town
We last went almost 5 years ago so it’s all probably changed now😢

Tublet83

VIP Member
Does anybody have any tips for Disneyland Paris/best way to book without it costing an absolute arm and a leg?
Stay off site, if you stay at valid Europe it’s literally one stop on the RER and takes 5 mins, if you get an apartment you can take lunch/snacks with you.

Mammy2021

VIP Member
Thinking of going to Orlando this summer - June maybe. I had a 😱when I saw the price of the park tickets! 😂Does anybody have any tips in getting cheaper tickets. We wouldn’t want 2 weeks park tickets as we would be doing other stuff so any tips very much appreciated!

Monkeymagic85

Chatty Member
Thinking of going to Orlando this summer - June maybe. I had a 😱when I saw the price of the park tickets! 😂Does anybody have any tips in getting cheaper tickets. We wouldn’t want 2 weeks park tickets as we would be doing other stuff so any tips very much appreciated!
we went in October, we only went to universal as the tickets are way cheaper, all 3 parks for 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child) we were £900, for Disney tickets we were quoted basically £1000 per head which we couldn’t justify.

They cost of food is also insane, we spent about as much on food whilst there as we did on the entire holiday!

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I went to Majorca the 1st 10 days of October a few years ago and the weather was lovely! Was mid 20’s all day & late teens at night (Celsius).
Yes, i was in Majorca late Sept into Oct this year and weather was great. Some epic thunder and lightening storms a couple of the nights, but gorgeous weather during the day!

instasham13

Chatty Member
We love Puerto Rico Gran Canaria! We’ve not been since precovid but we have been about 3 or 4 times and love it!
I've been considering here too. Where do you stay? I'd also want to go to Amdores as the man made beach looks lush. A colleague in work has a time share in Anfi Del Mar and I keep meaning to ask her if non guests can go there to use the beach.

Cindy-Lou Who

Chatty Member
Has anyone booked a good deal for their 2023 holiday?

We're currently looking for 2 weeks in May/June for a family of 4. Not too fussed about school holidays.

I've looked on Tui and First Choice and got a couple in mind but wanted to know if anyone has seen any great deals/discounts around. Or if anyone has any great tips for booking i.e. flights and accommodation separate etc.

fudgebox

VIP Member
Have to agree with @fudgebox.
Adore Puerto Rico / Gran Canaria in general! They have a new mall in Puerto Rico which is perfect for a shopping day and some really good places for dinner but then you also have a lovely beach and the surrounding areas are beautiful as well. Lots of different hotel options from big to small, fancy and plain, apartments etc.
It’s fab isn’t it! Can’t wait to go back

fudgebox

VIP Member
Me too! We tried to find a good quote to go back in August but flights from where we live were crazy expensive as were all the hotels we like. Don‘t even get me started on the price of rental cars 😭
I’m from wales too guessing from your name 😆 think we used to always fly from Bristol but no idea how much flights are these days

Romy

VIP Member
I also heard about this and also that they just raise the price without reason.
Here in Germany however there’s a fixed date from which they cannot cancel without reason and cannot raise the price above 8% without consent.
Perhaps there’s a similar law in the UK? Or in other countries in the EU (haven’t checked but it does seem like a EU law)
Yes it's an EU rule, but I think it's when the airline/company cancels less than 14 days before the trip and don't offer you a reschedule in maximum 4 hours after the initial flight. Then they have to refund you completely and give you indemnities (the amount depending on the distance) and a refund of the other expenses too with conditions (with a 4500 euros limit)...
Anyway, doesn't concern the Brits anymore.