2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact is that Donald Trump is in better health than Biden. That is a fact - not an opinion!! Also, I really can’t be bothered to go back and forth with you. Too many people have said how argumentative you are. So I’m out. Have fun..πŸ™„πŸ™„
I've noticed them on a few threads now and they're always riling people up. Some very strange opinions that one.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why would you think that's bizarre?? πŸ€”

I see two men, in my opinion by just looking at their appearance & the way they carry themselves, I think in my opinion that one looks healthier & stronger than the other. What's so bizarre about that.
Trump is overweight, how he is healthy?

Reactions: 1
If as you say he doesn't have dementia then explain his muddled ramblings, anyone that has lived with someone with dementia, he is showing all the signs?

At 77yrs old, one foot in the grave, he should be tucked up with a cup of coco being looked after, not running to be the most powerful man in the world.
Shame on his family for allowing it.

Of all the many millions of people to choose from, they chose him πŸ™ˆ
You do realise that the man you describe sounds exactly like Donald Trump?

• Haha
I think it's pretty clear that in better times, neither Trump or Biden would be the nominee for their respective parties. As it stands, in today's unstable and confusing world, they are the only two practical choices and this is why I feel Trump is the better choice.

Trump is an unusual candidate but he is the incumbent and under his administration, pre-COVID, the US economy did have extremely low unemployment numbers and the stock market was doing well. GDP growth has also been relatively strong. Historically, state of economy tends to be the top concern for most Americans so he has a good record there. He has lowered income tax for almost every American by 2-4% depending on your tax bracket. He also offered a one-time 15.5% tax window for Americans corporations to repatriate. He also passed the First Step Act, a prison reform bill that's definitely a step in the right direction. While he wasn't able to build a wall with Mexico like he claimed (I doubt anyone actually believes that he would've been able to achieve that), illegal immigration has indeed gone down during the Trump administration (you can look at Pew for this data).

On the downside, you can argue that his Presidency has brought out a lot of racists out of the woodwork but this isn't unique to the U.S. If we look at global politics, many countries have been shifting to the right for numerous reasons such as refugee crises, illegal immigration, outsourcing, poor economy, etc.

In regards to the current state in the U.S. (massive protests & racial tensions), a lot of what's been going on is not the result of any single administration, but decades of poor treatment towards the black community. That being said, a lot of people, minorities included, are NOT happy with the way some protesters are destroying property, looting, and destroying cities. During these trying times, you see mayors like de Blasio (a Democrat) defund the police and march with the protesters, leading to a spike in crime in NYC and a vote of no confidence by 150 business leaders of large corporations, who claim NYC is on the decline as a result of his policies (and many of these leaders have supported Democratic candidates in the past). Lawless/no-go zones in a lot of Democrat-run cities such as Seattle and Portland are upsetting a lot of people for good reasons.

At the end of the day, most decent hard working folks just want their cities to be safe and earn a good living. The Democratic party has shifted so much to the left during this election that I can't align with their policies, and I am skeptical that they can do a good job by dividing communities (i.e. everyone who doesn't support me/BLM/radical left is a bigot/racist). Instead of focusing on what they can do to solve the current issues, they pander to certain groups and the radical left, and focus their efforts on attacking Trump. This is poor leadership.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You do realise that the man you describe sounds exactly like Donald Trump?
You wish, πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Trump knows what he's doing, and what day it is, unlike Biden

I don't think they see it. Trump's classes as overweight, how is that a healthy person?
So are you saying that you can't be healthy if your overweight. I think it's been proven otherwise!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why would you think that's bizarre?? πŸ€”

I see two men, in my opinion by just looking at their appearance & the way they carry themselves, I think in my opinion that one looks healthier & stronger than the other. What's so bizarre about that.
It’s bizarre that something that is not objective at all is being taken as a fact. Multiple people on this thread have pointed out that it’s β€œa fact” that trump is healthier. It’s just hilarious imo because the idea of what a fact is has so clearly been lost in translation.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They're both shite. I don't like either. I have a friend in DC who is a Trump supporter, I like talking to her because although our views don't always align, we can have productive conversations.
You should ask her to come on this thread so we could have a decent conversation about American politics as opposed to the constant who's the biggest pweirdo chat and justifying comments

Reactions: 4
I think it's pretty clear that in better times, neither Trump or Biden would be the nominee for their respective parties. As it stands, in today's unstable and confusing world, they are the only two practical choices and this is why I feel Trump is the better choice.

Trump is an unusual candidate but he is the incumbent and under his administration, pre-COVID, the US economy did have extremely low unemployment numbers and the stock market was doing well. GDP growth has also been relatively strong. Historically, state of economy tends to be the top concern for most Americans so he has a good record there. He has lowered income tax for almost every American by 2-4% depending on your tax bracket. He also offered a one-time 15.5% tax window for Americans corporations to repatriate. He also passed the First Step Act, a prison reform bill that's definitely a step in the right direction. While he wasn't able to build a wall with Mexico like he claimed (I doubt anyone actually believes that he would've been able to achieve that), illegal immigration has indeed gone down during the Trump administration (you can look at Pew for this data).

On the downside, you can argue that his Presidency has brought out a lot of racists out of the woodwork but this isn't unique to the U.S. If we look at global politics, many countries have been shifting to the right for numerous reasons such as refugee crises, illegal immigration, outsourcing, poor economy, etc.

In regards to the current state in the U.S. (massive protests & racial tensions), a lot of what's been going on is not the result of any single administration, but decades of poor treatment towards the black community. That being said, a lot of people, minorities included, are NOT happy with the way some protesters are destroying property, looting, and destroying cities. During these trying times, you see mayors like de Blasio (a Democrat) defund the police and march with the protesters, leading to a spike in crime in NYC and a vote of no confidence by 150 business leaders of large corporations, who claim NYC is on the decline as a result of his policies (and many of these leaders have supported Democratic candidates in the past). Lawless/no-go zones in a lot of Democrat-run cities such as Seattle and Portland are upsetting a lot of people for good reasons.

At the end of the day, most decent hard working folks just want their cities to be safe and earn a good living. The Democratic party has shifted so much to the left during this election that I can't align with their policies, and I am skeptical that they can do a good job by dividing communities (i.e. everyone who doesn't support me/BLM/radical left is a bigot/racist). Instead of focusing on what they can do to solve the current issues, they pander to certain groups and the radical left, and focus their efforts on attacking Trump. This is poor leadership.
Spot on, πŸ’― so very well said,

πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The Washington Post did a poll on which candidate has the best health in the eyes of the voters.
The result was that people think Biden has a 70% chance of surviving a first term in the White House, but, Donald Trump got 85%.
As it’s the American people who participated in the poll, and it’s the American people who will be voting, I think the results of that poll are very interesting....πŸ€”πŸ‘

Reactions: 3
Where are your links??? Because, I have provided links that back up my posts. You have not posted anything!! If you are going to call the racist card where are your links???
I think the reason you are completely dodging posting links is because you don’t have ANY!!
Good luck with your arguments!! πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I think that’s a question you should ask yourself!!! πŸ™„πŸ˜¬
Didn't he refer to Coronavirus as "Kung Flu" and propose a ban on muslims entering the US? He's ignorant at best, and racist at worst.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Thanks for a good laugh tonight people. I think one of the best was hearing that Trump is a brilliant business man and will be good for the UK. If it isn’t bad enough having Johnson as PM, we will have another totally incompetent narcissist the other side of the Atlantic to contend with for another 4 years unless America engage their brain cells. God help us!

Reactions: 4
Thanks for a good laugh tonight people. I think one of the best was hearing that Trump is a brilliant business man and will be good for the UK. If it isn’t bad enough having Johnson as PM, we will have another totally incompetent narcissist the other side of the Atlantic to contend with for another 4 years unless America engage their brain cells. God help us!
That was me, and yes I'm a big Boris fan too ☺ πŸ‘

If you don't see Trump as a brilliant bussiness man then you really need to open your eyes πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ how many men have made billions if they wern't good at bussiness??? πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Didn't he refer to Coronavirus as "Kung Flu" and propose a ban on muslims entering the US? He's ignorant at best, and racist at worst.
He makes a lot of inappropriate comments but I want to point out that he has since made comments supporting the Asian American community (referring mostly to East Asians in the U.S. vs. South Asians in the UK) and he also backed the appeal for Students for Fair Admissions, who are against racial discrimination against Asian and white students for college admissions as a result of their skin color (essentially whites and Asians had to score better than everyone else in standardized testing to gain access to the same opportunities). He also signed a bill this year, calling for sanctions against those who abuse the Uighur Muslim community in China.

No doubt he is not a perfect man, but this election isn't about choosing the perfect person. It's about the best possible choice given circumstances.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That was me, and yes I'm a big Boris fan too ☺ πŸ‘

If you don't see Trump as a brilliant bussiness man then you really need to open your eyes πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ how many men have made billions if they wern't good at bussiness??? πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
You do realise Trump would have made more money, leaving it in the bank, than through his businesses? Not a very good businessman

Reactions: 2
I thought he called it the China virus, which is correct as it originated in Wuhan, which is in China!!
Regarding Muslims, Trump is the only president who has highlighted the plight of the 13 million Uyghur Muslims, who have been subjected to the most horrific abuse that includes slave labourer, forced organ harvesting, and re-education camps. Donald Trump is also the only president to stand up to China by clamping down on Chinese owned businesses such as TikTok and We Chat. This is because all Chinese companies are tied to the PRC, and report to them. Additionally, Chinese companies are well known for stealing intellectual property rights of American (and other countries) companies, and then copying and registering them in China. And Trump is the only president to call them out for this. Biden has a very different agenda with the PRC, and wants to cosy up to Xi. !!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I thought he called it the China virus, which is correct as it originated in Wuhan, which is in China!!
Regarding Muslims, Trump is the only president who has highlighted the plight of the 13 million Uyghur Muslims, who have been subjected to the most horrific abuse that includes slave labourer, forced organ harvesting, and re-education camps. Donald Trump is also the only president to stand up to China by clamping down on Chinese owned businesses such as TikTok and We Chat. This is because all Chinese companies are tied to the PRC, and report to them. Additionally, Chinese companies are well known for stealing intellectual property rights of American (and other countries) companies, and then copying and registering them in China. And Trump is the only president to call them out for this. Biden has a very different agenda with the PRC, and wants to cosy up to Xi. !!

No, he called it Kung Flu .

He also tried to ban Muslims coming into the US. You can bring up injustices whilst still being prejudiced against them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.