Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
How about we go into my points about Trump avoiding renting to black people, proposing a ban on muslims entering the US and calling Coronavirus Kung Flu (so a mixture of actions and words really). Then we can talk about Biden?
I've already made my point regarding the Muslim community and Kung Flu, and you told me it's straight up racism, while I said it was clearly inappropriate but his actions have somewhat redeemed himself in my eyes by supporting the Asian and Muslim communities through legal channels. We have clearly reached an impasse there so I'm not sure what else you want me to say. I'm afraid I don't know enough about the rest of the things you mentioned to make an informed comment there but the First Step Act that I mentioned in a previous comment is "aimed to lessen the overincarceration of black people and the racially disparate impact of federal criminal justice practices by reducing some mandatory minimum sentences. The Bureau of Prisons was instructed to improve and expand inmate rehabilitation programs and prohibit the shackling of pregnant prisoners" according to the Washington Post.

And instead of focusing on the gaffes both candidates have clearly made, why isn't anyone on the Democrat side making some points about why Biden would be a good leader? I've written long and exhaustive posts backed up with actual data and factual events of things Trump has achieved in his four years in office. We can't have an informed discussion otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

totallytaz

Chatty Member
As I’ve said before, Trump doesn’t doesn’t hide under a veil of purity, it’s enough for many who are sick of the manipulation of the far-left complete with biased/censored media outlets, virtue-signaling celebs and peaceful fist-punching protestors who set things on fire and bully people into submission if they don’t share the same view.

Lefties always go on about the gung-ho stereotype of a right-wing supporter, but the left have acted beyond classless, undignified and downright barbaric at the best of times.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Juleslmc

nobody can ever give a calm, educated response to this question,
I just want someone to defend his actions, both on twitter and in office, I’m open to being educated and I’m open to changing my opinion if that’s what will happen.

I’m not American, I’m not voting, I see an extremely unlikable man throwing his toys around on social media, at times on the daily and ranting like a nut job, at times on the daily.

if someone can tell me without resorting to attacks or aggression what I’m missing go for it 🤷‍♀️

I do judge the people who vote for him, again I’m not in America so tell me how I’m wrong 😐
Oh your NOT wrong. Your 100% right. It’s very sad that the world has come to this. I’d honestly love to give you a more thorough response on here but I don’t want to get into other people on here screaming down my throat about poor Mr. Trump and how everything has been manipulated and twisted.

I proudly voted for Biden/Harris yesterday. And yes he may not have been the best Democrat candidate but he is a hell of a lot better then a man who has single handedly lied and doesn’t care about anyone but himself (hence our Covid numbers as example 127282737373 of the lies this man has come up with this week alone). If people are counting on Trump to get them out of the mess he has created the last 4 years and also be responsible for leading the country through Covid then they are sadly mistaken.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Unagi

Chatty Member
Only one person answered it. The rest are silent, so you're talking about Biden and underage girls, but ignore Trump.
Ok so Trump likes underage girls in your opinion, so why then did he bar Epstein from Mar-a-largo for hitting on someone’s teenage daughter. Surely if you were into that kind of thing yourself you’d turn a blind eye?!

• Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I don't support Biden either, I'm not in the US and I don't have an opinion on him. Proposing a ban on Muslims coming to the US is proposing action, it's not just a gaffe. He did one good thing bringing about the First Step Act legislature (mainly prompted by his advisers), and you seem to imply it absolves him of all past transgressions.
I think it is absolutely a step in the right direction and shows that he does care for people unlike himself, given the US incarcerated population is overwhelmingly African American.

Executive Order 13769 ("Muslim Ban") lowered the number of refugees to be admitted into the United States in 2017 to 50,000, suspended the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days, suspended the entry of Syrian refugees indefinitely, directed some cabinet secretaries to suspend entry of those whose countries do not meet adjudication standards under U.S. immigration law for 90 days, and included exceptions on a case-by-case basis. The Department of Homeland Security lists these countries as Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. More than 700 travelers were detained, and up to 60,000 visas were "provisionally revoked."

The majority of these countries were added as countries of concern by Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson during the Obama administration so it wasn't a policy that was uniquely Trump or came out of nowhere. He just took it a step further.

If you're in Europe, I think the past decade has proven that it's smart to be cautious about admitting refugees, particularly from regions with more political/religious extremism. While many refugees are good people who genuinely need a safe haven, not every single asylum seeker has good intentions and it's not unreasonable to filter carefully. We have seen a lot of unrest and crime (both petty and serious) spiking in many nations who did not do their due diligence. Safety will always be paramount to a nation and its people.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I can't see how trump won't win. Its bizarre how he can behave as he does and people think he's a good choice. I worry about how much worse it will be in the USA if they have him for another 4 years. He makes me almost pleased we have Boris ffs

Pinchme

VIP Member
Donald Trump has 25 sexual assault allegations.
Donald Trump has 25 sexual assault allegations.
I'm sure if we all dug deeper we would find a few ex presidents who were all 'at it' it seems to be part of the territory.

I have family & friends that live in the States, who all have said that before covid, employment was up, bussiness was booming, think we need to look at the bigger picture and who is the best man for the job, and that's most definitely Trump.

• Heart

Unagi

Chatty Member
Name a time when Biden actually said underage girl is attractive? For the last time, I don't like Biden, I don't like or support his actions, and think he's on the same level as Trump. Can any Trump supporter explain why it's okay for Trump to find underage girl attractive?

But if Biden said that, it would down to his mental health, but when Trump says it, it's all gravy
There are clips galore of Biden acting inappropriately with children of both sex. Behaviour that in my eyes indicates that he is attracted to these minors.
Can you point me in the direction of where Trump has said he finds underage girls attractive, I’m genuinely intrigued.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
There was a journalist on one of our local news review shows earlier he lives in America now ,he was saying they're expecting major civil unrest to kick off he said even the unrest that's been going on he's never come across in all his years living out there it's really bad ...I might have to dawn the MAGA hat for he said NI will lose out big time if creepy Joe wins he's not interested in any trade deals for Ireland ..unlike Trump
this makes me sad.

"We can't allow the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace to Northern Ireland to become a casualty of Brexit.
I hope he does step in if boris starts to renege on the withdrawal agreement, I honestly hope Biden wins for our country as well as the USA.
Nancy Pelosi has also said there is no chance of a US/UK trade agreement if Brexit undermines the Good Friday agreement, Boris and Donald are two sides to the same coin.

as a resident or the ROI or NI we should all want the same thing. Peace.
Boris doesn’t give a flying fuck about NI.

• Heart

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Name a time when Biden actually said underage girl is attractive? For the last time, I don't like Biden, I don't like or support his actions, and think he's on the same level as Trump. Can any Trump supporter explain why it's okay for Trump to find underage girl attractive?
No one has said liking underage girls is ok?

So I really don’t get why you keep on repeating yourself by asking that over and over? Like a bloody parrot.

Biden literally makes young girls feel uncomfortable by the way he ACTS around them. Saying you find a 14 year old attractive is fucked up - slobbering all over one (and younger) is completely different.

So I’m asking YOU. Why is THAT ok?

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I don't understand why they chose to put Biden against Trump.
There needed to be someone with Trump's same character, someone as strong and as bold. I'd be very surprised if Biden won.
I am by no means a Trump supporter, but I just can't see Biden being the president. To me he doesnt look like a man able to take strong decisions, do you know what I mean?
I don’t get how in the US people seem to vote completely for the individual though rather than the party?

Like in the UK we vote Tory or Labour or Lib Dem? not Boris or Keir.. or whoever leads Lib Dem now 😂 It normally doesn’t matter so much who the leader is (unless it was Corbyn cos people hated him and it was a slightly different scenario which we won’t get into ).

Like to me it doesn’t matter if Beyoncé is leading UKIP.. they’re not getting my vote 😬

it’s weird America places so much into the individual rather than the overall party or policies...

Sparks

Chatty Member
Yes, I'm out too. It's become an echo chamber for hating Trump, not a discussion thread.
Comments such as, 'don't you dare confront a Trump supporter with facts' (This from a moderator) are immature and counter productive.
How many of these experts who 'fear for America', are actually American, or have even spent time there, is debatable.
It's a bandwagon, but a corrosive one. Trump will win, and they can spend the next four years bitching and whining, if that's the best they can do with their time.
See you in the threads @Hearforthegoss
I voted 2 weeks ago (thanks to early voting!!!). Waited an hour and 15 minutes to cast my vote. I am a US citizen and shockingly did not vote for Trump. And honestly, maybe people that don't live here have a not so clouded opinion because they can look at this circus more objectively 🤷‍♀️

jewelkitty

Chatty Member
A questions for anyone who would like to participate, if you had to chose between the 2 as there is no other option and you have to pick one... Who would you pick, and why? I’ve said who I would further up thread, but in summary I would pick Trump 😱 as I believe him to be the lesser of 2 evils in my opinion. I never thought I would say that, so I suppose I’ve learnt you should never say never.

I’m in the UK but as I know US politics will impact us all I like to follow along a bit.
I'm the same as you, up until recently I never ever thought I would consider voting for Trump but what's done it for me is that I've reached the tipping point with the left. They're so far gone and so alienating that I think Trump is also the best option. I'm not a Trump fan but he's the devil you know as someone here said

Pinchme

VIP Member
I think it's pretty clear that in better times, neither Trump or Biden would be the nominee for their respective parties. As it stands, in today's unstable and confusing world, they are the only two practical choices and this is why I feel Trump is the better choice.

Trump is an unusual candidate but he is the incumbent and under his administration, pre-COVID, the US economy did have extremely low unemployment numbers and the stock market was doing well. GDP growth has also been relatively strong. Historically, state of economy tends to be the top concern for most Americans so he has a good record there. He has lowered income tax for almost every American by 2-4% depending on your tax bracket. He also offered a one-time 15.5% tax window for Americans corporations to repatriate. He also passed the First Step Act, a prison reform bill that's definitely a step in the right direction. While he wasn't able to build a wall with Mexico like he claimed (I doubt anyone actually believes that he would've been able to achieve that), illegal immigration has indeed gone down during the Trump administration (you can look at Pew for this data).

On the downside, you can argue that his Presidency has brought out a lot of racists out of the woodwork but this isn't unique to the U.S. If we look at global politics, many countries have been shifting to the right for numerous reasons such as refugee crises, illegal immigration, outsourcing, poor economy, etc.

In regards to the current state in the U.S. (massive protests & racial tensions), a lot of what's been going on is not the result of any single administration, but decades of poor treatment towards the black community. That being said, a lot of people, minorities included, are NOT happy with the way some protesters are destroying property, looting, and destroying cities. During these trying times, you see mayors like de Blasio (a Democrat) defund the police and march with the protesters, leading to a spike in crime in NYC and a vote of no confidence by 150 business leaders of large corporations, who claim NYC is on the decline as a result of his policies (and many of these leaders have supported Democratic candidates in the past). Lawless/no-go zones in a lot of Democrat-run cities such as Seattle and Portland are upsetting a lot of people for good reasons.

At the end of the day, most decent hard working folks just want their cities to be safe and earn a good living. The Democratic party has shifted so much to the left during this election that I can't align with their policies, and I am skeptical that they can do a good job by dividing communities (i.e. everyone who doesn't support me/BLM/radical left is a bigot/racist). Instead of focusing on what they can do to solve the current issues, they pander to certain groups and the radical left, and focus their efforts on attacking Trump. This is poor leadership.
Spot on, 💯 so very well said,

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

• Heart

Pinchme

VIP Member
I hate to repeat myself here but Trump has 25 sexual assault allegations that you happily brushed past. Biden does not have dementia.

If you support trump that’s your prerogative but don’t bend the truth to fit your opinions. It’s fine to just say that you support trump despite his many shortcomings
If as you say he doesn't have dementia then explain his muddled ramblings, anyone that has lived with someone with dementia, he is showing all the signs?

At 77yrs old, one foot in the grave, he should be tucked up with a cup of coco being looked after, not running to be the most powerful man in the world.
Shame on his family for allowing it.

Of all the many millions of people to choose from, they chose him 🙈

• Heart