2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking that for a long time. Now I feel ever more on the fence.

The campaign against him could go either way and I'd guess is more likely to win trump votes.
I think it all depends on what comes out between now and the election. Also how Covid and civil unrest goes and if that'll get much worse.

Trump has definitely proven that he can weather the sort of bad publicity that most normal candidates can't but I don't think he's particularly popular right now either.

Reactions: 3
I think it all depends on what comes out between now and the election. Also how Covid and civil unrest goes and if that'll get much worse.

Trump has definitely proven that he can weather the sort of bad publicity that most normal candidates can't but I don't think he's particularly popular right now either.
In August, his approval rating was at 42%. Not very high. If he wins again, I think the civil unrest will get worse... perhaps civil war? It is already bad enough with all of the protests.

Reactions: 1
In August, his approval rating was at 42%. Not very high. If he wins again, I think the civil unrest will get worse... perhaps civil war? It is already bad enough with all of the protests.
So I have family and friends on both sides of the political spectrum and it's been interesting to hear their perspectives.

You have some die-hard Dems who are against everything Trump (and are definitely voting for Biden regardless of what happens) and some Republicans who are like this as well. On the other hand, there are a lot of moderate voters who might've voted for a moderate republican usually (socially liberal, fiscally conservative) but now have to choose between Trump and the very left leaning Dem party. A good chunk of people fall into that moderate category. I have a lot of friends for example who support the philosophy behind BLM but really hate the looters/protesters who are destroying property. I'm honestly not sure who they'd vote for.

Reactions: 7
So I have family and friends on both sides of the political spectrum and it's been interesting to hear their perspectives.

You have some die-hard Dems who are against everything Trump (and are definitely voting for Biden regardless of what happens) and some Republicans who are like this as well. On the other hand, there are a lot of moderate voters who might've voted for a moderate republican usually (socially liberal, fiscally conservative) but now have to choose between Trump and the very left leaning Dem party. A good chunk of people fall into that moderate category.
Yes, it is definitely worth noting that not all Republicans are far-right... and not all Dems are super liberal. My husband and I vote conservative, we are what you just called moderate, socially liberal, and fiscally conservative. I wouldn't tell many of my friends that though as A LOT of them are extremely liberal...in my opinion, too far left. In their mind, anyone that would vote "Tory" is evil. Utter nonsense.

I have a friend in the USA who voted Trump...she actually has a high up job in the US government, her old boss was the head of intelligence. She has worked there since the Obama years. My point is, although she has opposing views to me sometimes, I am not going to completely ostracize her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes, it is definitely worth noting that not all Republicans are far-right... and not all Dems are super liberal. My husband and I vote conservative, we are what you just called moderate, socially liberal, and fiscally conservative. I wouldn't tell many of my friends that though as A LOT of them are extremely liberal...in my opinion, too far left.
I'm with you and your husband. I am generally socially liberal (supportive of minorities, skilled immigration, gay marriage, better access to and cheaper healthcare) but I am mixed on things like defunding the police, affirmative action, illegal immigration, etc. and I can see people similar to us being swayed both ways this election.

Reactions: 5
If Joe is “creepy” what does that make Trump?
In my opinion a fairly decent bloke with the best of intentions for the country. Least he doesn’t sniff kids hair - always a bonus in my book!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

You have some die-hard Dems who are against everything Trump (and are definitely voting for Biden regardless of what happens) and some Republicans who are like this as well. On the other hand, there are a lot of moderate voters who might've voted for a moderate republican usually (socially liberal, fiscally conservative) but now have to choose between Trump and the very left leaning Dem party. A good chunk of people fall into that moderate category. I have a lot of friends for example who support the philosophy behind BLM but really hate the looters/protesters who are destroying property. I'm honestly not sure who they'd vote for.
im interested that people see Biden as left-leaning as he’s a really quite conservative, uncontroversial politician who has previously appealed to both sides. His voting record has been unremarkable and I believe in any other time except 2020 he would be seen as a ”safe” option by republicans and Centrist/right leaning democrats alike.

Reactions: 7
In my opinion a fairly decent bloke with the best of intentions for the country. Least he doesn’t sniff kids hair - always a bonus in my book!
Yeah, so much better than grabbing women by the pussy!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Donald Trump is on camera saying this. Are you suggesting he is lying...about himself?
No I’m just suggesting that we all make comments, doesn’t necessarily mean they are true. How many times have you heard someone say “go grab them by the balls”? It doesn’t mean you actually go and grab someone by the balls.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No I’m just suggesting that we all make comments, doesn’t necessarily mean they are true. How many times have you heard someone say “go grab them by the balls”? It doesn’t mean you actually go and grab someone by the balls.
but he didn’t say it as a turn of phrase. He used specific examples of how he uses his power to sexually touch women without their consent. He’s really quite specific. I’m curious as to why you’d suggest he didn’t mean what he said.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
but he didn’t say it as a turn of phrase. He used specific examples of how he uses his power to sexually touch women without their consent. He’s really quite specific. I’m curious as to why you’d suggest he didn’t mean what he said.
Have you got a link to the footage?

Reactions: 2
Given the many gross comments Trump has made about his own daughter I find it odd the the extreme Trump supporters are still using the tactic of smearing any opposition as a peadophile. It’s quite disturbing really.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
im interested that people see Biden as left-leaning as he’s a really quite conservative, uncontroversial politician who has previously appealed to both sides. His voting record has been unremarkable and I believe in any other time except 2020 he would be seen as a ”safe” option by republicans and Centrist/right leaning democrats alike.
I think Biden himself may have a fairly conservative, uncontroversial voting record but it seems like the Democratic party as a whole has shifted quite a bit to the left these days and that's what's gonna spook some people. A lot of politics is perception rather than reality.

Remember the days when John McCain or Mitt Romney were the more controversial candidates? We have stepped through the looking glass. 🤯

Given the many gross comments Trump has made about his own daughter I find it odd the the extreme Trump supporters are still using the tactic of smearing any opposition as a peadophile. It’s quite disturbing really.
I don't disagree with your comment and this may be an unpopular opinion, but creepy comments aside, I don't believe there was/is any improper conduct between Ivanka and her father and it's pretty gross that some of the media tries to paint this narrative. Like most of the controversial things he says, it may be inappropriate and ill-mannered, but I do think Trump has a good relationship with his kids. I think there's something to be said about marrying multiple times and having children with each of his wives, but you never catch a Trump spawn stumbling out of a nightclub with disheveled hair or with a drug scandal. Putting the politics aside, I do think he did a decent job raising his children.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
‘Grab ‘em by the pussy’ is well documented, although I haven’t read the article.
graziadaily.co.uk/amp/life/real-life/need-know-donald-trumps-grab-em-pussy-line/

I don't disagree with your comment and this may be an unpopular opinion, but creepy comments aside, I don't believe there was/is any improper conduct between Ivanka and her father and it's pretty gross that some of the media tries to paint this narrative. Like most of the controversial things he says, it may be inappropriate and ill-mannered, but I do think Trump has a good relationship with his kids. I think there's something to be said about marrying multiple times and having children with each of his wives, but you never catch a Trump spawn stumbling out of a nightclub with disheveled hair or with a drug scandal. Putting the politics aside, I do think he did a decent job raising his children.

Maybe they are too scared of what he will do to them to act out 🤷‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.